Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 21-01-2017, 12:41 PM
Master
It's a wee bit dark for me, Necro, I'll have to kindly pass on the offer I went through a period about eighteen months ago whereby I couldn't listen to that sort of music without feeling physically ill, if you put on any heavy industrial music I may need EST to shock me back into (semi-) coherence
Old 21-01-2017, 12:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
It's a wee bit dark for me, Necro, I'll have to kindly pass on the offer I went through a period about eighteen months ago whereby I couldn't listen to that sort of music without feeling physically ill, if you put on any heavy industrial music I may need EST
Fair enough, it isn't for everybody and it has the same effect on my mother...she physically vomits.

It's so strange how I find such music soothing for me...strange...

Then again, I'm just wired totally different.
Old 21-01-2017, 04:52 PM
Guide
Location: Beyond this illusion some where between Finding God and helping others
A mhuman being, Its okay I have really over come that, but that dream just went with my child hood and pink floyd, Thanks for your compassion though!!
Necro I am checking out your link and videos like it, I am loving the voice so far! Thanks you so much!!
Old 22-01-2017, 02:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Fair enough, it isn't for everybody and it has the same effect on my mother...she physically vomits.

It's so strange how I find such music soothing for me...strange...

Then again, I'm just wired totally different.
Yeah, it's just what resonates with you, really. I remember when I was 22/23 I was obsessed with an album by the Manic Street Preachers called 'The Holy Bible, which I thought was such an articulate expression of nihilism and misanthropy (there's not many albums in my collection that deal with topics like anorexia, prostitution, and the Holocaust ) and it really chimed with me at the time. Nowadays, though, it just doesn't have the same appeal for me, I still consider it to be a work of art but I feel like it's served its purpose for me and I have little desire to listen to it. But music like can that can be cathartic, I feel, so I do think it has real value

(Mind you, having said that, I do still listen to Yes from time to time, that song never gets old imo!)
Old 22-01-2017, 09:26 AM
Experiencer
All the bends you mention, I love so much. This topic is so nostalgic for me. Same old music, same old problems, just like I'm in high school again. I'm still who I was back then but my perspective is different. Everything changes but nothing does. Time flies yet doesn't exist. Thanks for making this thread.
Old 22-01-2017, 03:20 PM
Deactivated Account

This music genre was very popular in my youth ( 90's kid) So I can identify with the era and the nostalgic memories. Not exactly my cup of tea, I personally prefer more of a deep house and 90's R&B type of vibe in these 'matters'. Silence works too lol

Really, the 90's were great ;D
Old 23-01-2017, 09:12 AM
Master
Music does more than that for me. Helps me to focus, get my energy up to high levels and relax. The ecstasy part is just an added bonus.

Music choices !
Old 23-01-2017, 09:36 AM
Newbie ;)

Religious ecstasy is a type of altered state of consciousness characterized by greatly reduced external awareness and expanded interior mental and spiritual awareness, frequently accompanied by visions and emotional (and sometimes physical) euphoria.

Although the experience is usually brief in time,[1] there are records of such experiences lasting several days or even more, and of recurring experiences of ecstasy during one's lifetime.

A person's sense of time and space disappear during a religious ecstasy forsaking any senses or physical cognizance in its duration. Among venerated Catholic saints who dabble in Christian mysticism, a person's physical stature, human sensory, or perception is completely detached to time and space during an ecstatic experience.
Old 23-01-2017, 06:10 PM
Deactivated Account

Alright, after a few suggestions, throwing this back over to meditation, the moderator has a bit of a dirty mind, some keys words are going to throw her off a bit . It borders between music, meditation and depending on the mood other areas of focus. Would do well in the music section as well. Ahem, okay moving it over,
Old 23-01-2017, 06:37 PM
Suspended
Great topic, love to hear how music affects others. Does the same for me too Mary. :)