Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 06-12-2011, 04:51 AM
Krishna-prem

Bunny Do we meet people for a reason?

Namaste Friends,

I am wondering, do you believe that the people you encounter in your life are put there for a purpose or is it just coincidence? If you believe the first, what are your beliefs about it?

This is something I hadn't really thought about before but I find myself in a relationship (not romantic) that has completely changed my life and I want to understand how and why such things happen.

I look forward to reading your responses.

Aum Hari Aum!
Old 06-12-2011, 06:56 AM
sesheta

I absolutely believe that a lot of the people in our lives are there for a reason. Not everyone, but I think the people we are closest to are those that we have shared multiple lifetimes with, and we continue working out whatever spiritual lessons we need to learn with/from them, until we finally get it sorted out. I have had many instances in my life where I have met someone and either felt instantly at ease with them, or have instantly hated them...without knowing why, as I knew nothing about them...at least not that I remember! So I think reincarnation is the best explanation for that - which also explains why we keep meeting up with the same people, lifetime after lifetime.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:28 AM
deepsea

I have often thought the same.
Some friends stay and some go.
I truly believe all friends are sent to test us,to teach us lessons through life.
How we respond to them and how they respond to us.
We learn which ones to trust and ones we grow to distrust.
I say 'distrust' because sometimes a friendship may grow and look promising but then they may make a comment which for some reason,gives me a peep into their true nature.
Whether it is a comment made in humour or serious vein,I see the true person hidden inside.
One part of nature I cannot bear,is sarcasm.
That decides me whether that friend is to be a friend for life.

So yes,I think certain people are sent to us to test us and to learn how we should conduct ourselves in friendships also.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:49 AM
BlackWolf

Everyone is in my life for a reason. I have learned very valuable lessons from all of them, all are good lessons but some of them hurt learning them. Lets say someone gets married and goes through a rough divorce, if they never went thru that divorce and if they never met that person, they would not have been on the correct road to begin with and never would have met their soul mate. That is a good example.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:55 AM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWolf
Everyone is in my life for a reason. I have learned very valuable lessons from all of them, all are good lessons but some of them hurt learning them. Lets say someone gets married and goes through a rough divorce, if they never went thru that divorce and if they never met that person, they would not have been on the correct road to begin with and never would have met their soul mate. That is a good example.

A very good example,BlackWolf.
There is always a reason why one friendship or one relationship finishes.
Deepsea
Old 06-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Seeker

I believe this 100%. I have come so much further on my spiritual path due to meeting, who is now a good friend at the gym. Funnily enough I had been asking to meet a new friend. I had been going through a tough patch with another long term friend. Meeting my other friend not only filled my spiritual gap and put me well and truly on this path I am on, but it also allowed me to put into prospective the issues I had with my long standing friend. We have sorted out differences, something I did not think we would do, but it was lessons learned then. All for the better.

I have been greatly influenced by may people, some have come and gone and others are still there. I never believe in coincidence.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:11 AM
Greenslade

There is a book called The Celestine Prophecy - an Experiential Guide. What it does is it tell you what it says in the Celestine Prophecy then explains it, and asks you to answer a few questions. When you've done that, you begin to understand the Prophecy and how it works. One of those things is synchronicity and how certain people come into our Lives and make a difference just when we need them the most. Life is a mask, you learn to look behind it and see the deeper reasons.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:32 AM
midnightstar

I believe everyone we meet is put into our path for a reason, so we can learn from them and they can learn from us
Old 06-12-2011, 11:54 AM
Ascender

Well if you think about it that way, it appears somewhat self-centred to presume your life is the centre of the universe and that everyone else serves to benefit you in some way.

I do think that we are attracted to certain traits within beings that creates a purpose for both parties.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:06 PM
Krishna-prem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROM
Well if you think about it that way, it appears somewhat self-centred to presume your life is the centre of the universe and that everyone else serves to benefit you in some way.

I do think that we are attracted to certain traits within beings that creates a purpose for both parties.

It's only self centered if your presume you are not doing the same thing in someone else's life.