Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 06:45 PM
Suspended
What is A Witch?

We often hear about witches being spiritual, as if they have a belief system or way of life.

Historically they are considered to be evil; in my understanding a witch is an evil person!

In my country witchcraft is an ancient crime that stands today!

A witch is someone who commits dishonest acts by abusing spiritual knowledge.

A witch is self serving: they take for themselves & exploit others as they go, casting witch spells along the way.

You can tell a witch by the way they behave, as they betray their own soul!

What is the meaning of a witch to you?
Old 11-01-2018, 06:51 PM
Deactivated Account
People who are practicing Wicca often refer to themselves as witches.
Nothing evil about that.
Old 11-01-2018, 07:51 PM
boshy b. good

pperhaps guided right enough, that's da

not ever too
late for that.

you too are right.
Old 13-01-2018, 12:26 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerOfKnowledge
People who are practicing Wicca often refer to themselves as witches.
Nothing evil about that.

Wicca is a re-creation of ancient Witchcraft! The word wicca is derived from the Old-English word for witch. Wicca is rooted in ancient Witchcraft.

The fact that Wiccan’s can call themselves Witches shows that Wicca was created to circumvent the prohibition of Witchcraft, which was known to be a practise of evil; hence it was prohibited.

In ancient times Witches would be burned at the stake for their crimes; this was often referred to as a Baptism of Fire.

Wicca is an excuse to continue the practise of Witchcraft!
Old 13-01-2018, 12:35 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro
Wicca is a re-creation of ancient Witchcraft! The word wicca is derived from the Old-English word for witch. Wicca is rooted in ancient Witchcraft.

The fact that Wiccan’s can call themselves Witches shows that Wicca was created to circumvent the prohibition of Witchcraft, which was known to be a practise of evil; hence it was prohibited.

In ancient times Witches would be burned at the stake for their crimes; this was often referred to as a Baptism of Fire.

Wicca is an excuse to continue the practise of Witchcraft!

Astro ..... you are the Witch of the Wicked Church of Ignorance ~

Baptism of Fire?? YOU GIVE YOUR IGNORANCE UP with that! The Second Baptism is called the "Chrism" and it is not an EARTHLY FIRE~! Though the one burnt by the ignorant raving madmen and madwomen ....... may well be receiving the CHRIST even as those claiming rightousness receive even more ignorance for their own wicked CHOICES to ACT out of Ignorance.

I send you the Holy Spirit to BURN up your illusions !
Old 13-01-2018, 01:42 PM
Master
Your original post sounds about right Astro
Old 13-01-2018, 04:07 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro
We often hear about witches being spiritual, as if they have a belief system or way of life.

Historically they are considered to be evil; in my understanding a witch is an evil person!
You've been watching too many movies or too much Bible bashing. There's a lot on Witchcraft out there. For "modern" witchcraft start with Gerald Gardner (English Wiccan)

Quote:
In my country witchcraft is an ancient crime that stands today!
Not true if you're speaking of England. The Witchcraft Acts were repealed in 1951 with the enactment of the Fraudulent Mediums Act. However, that was repealed in 2008, taken over by the EU's Consumer Protection Regulations.
LOL, I read of far more practices than Witchcraft here that would give Brussels a field day if they were truly intent on applying those regulations!

Quote:
A witch is self serving: they take for themselves & exploit others as they go, casting witch spells along the way.
Depends. A sorcerer who may use witchcraft is hardly self-serving if they're carrying out work for other people. They're just earning a living. Business owners fit your description more than witches.

Quote:
You can tell a witch by the way they behave, as they betray their own soul!

What is the meaning of a witch to you?
Variations of Wiccan beliefs exist but, as I suggest, look up Gerald Gardner. It basically goes back to early pagan times that pre-date religions pronouncing it evil and doing very nasty things to those accused of it. Wicca is a modern label for some very ancient practices brought somewhat up to date. Now that Christian priests no longer burn or drown people accused of heresy, witches don't need to be clandestine.

Old 13-01-2018, 04:32 PM
badcopyink

Witch is a label.

The way you associate with the word is your responsibility once you realize that movies news and others perception aren't actually summing up the person the label is attached to.

Some view witch as a good thing and some view witch as bad thing. The way the person views the word sums up the person doing the viewing.
Old 13-01-2018, 04:50 PM
Master
Hello,

I have had friends who practiced the arts( witchcraft) and met people who do as well.

They are regular folks and are not evil or have evil intents.

To my understanding it is a practice and for some a form of religion ( worship) that is focused upon nature. Using the spirits with in nature and its energies.

It seems some old stigmas still are associated with "witchcraft" as "evil.

Would suggest do some valid research based upon those who practice the art/religion. Be open minded and do the best to not make assumptions.
If so inclined and/or interested.

Suggest to look up StarHawk. (Note; the person)

Sure there are those that may persue darker practices, but feel can't place all into one basket.
Old 13-01-2018, 08:41 PM
Master

I say everyone should have the freedom to worship as the wish, and to express their spirituality. We shouldn't put labels on people. As far as I know they are spiritual people to.
Closed Thread