Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 25-12-2017, 06:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlyservant
Genesis 2:7. And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

The breath of life is the living work of the Holy Spirit.

The term “Spirit” translates the Hebrew word ruah which in it’s primary sense, means breath, air, wind.

God gave man life through His Holy Spirit.

I believe that the breath of life went into man’s nostrils and is located over and throughout the brain giving us life. And without the breathe of life, the brain would not function and we would have no life in this world. The breath of life is connected to our spirits by the silver cord. When the silver cord is loosed, we are cut off from the breath of life, the brain dies, we become disconnected from our bodies, and are no longer part of this physical world.

Ecclesiastes 12:6-7. Remember your Creator before the silver cord is loosed, Or the golden bowl is broken, Or the pitcher shattered at the fountain, Or the wheel broken at the well. Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, And the spirit will return to God who gave it.

If the lord formed man from the dust, who formed the lord ?
This use to puzzle me as a child and you are not encouraged to ask questions regarding religion, just believe what you are told or you will go to hell, thankfully we have freedom of mind and speech as adults and insight to delve deeper.
Old 25-12-2017, 07:25 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
the next step for me was 'breathing without breathing'. But it does take a bit of faith!

My question would be how? How do you breathe without breathing and how do you explain the obvious paradox in that? Further, what would the benefit of that be, or why would that be a worthy goal? For me, the next step is not eating.

The closest I've come to "breathing without breathing" involves not breathing at all. Doing different kundalini yoga meditations, which often end with holding your breath, the more you practice these meditations, the longer you can hold your breath at the end, and in general too, because the energy generated from the meditation and the mantra sustains your body without the need to breathe.
Old 25-12-2017, 07:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
the next step for me was 'breathing without breathing'. But it does take a bit of faith!

You cannot take in breath (Breathing ) without taking in breath ( Breathing )
So the statement makes no sense, it contradicts itself.
Old 25-12-2017, 07:37 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

This is the ultimate question that can never be answered, at least not while we're on Earth, and maybe never. Where did God come from? Where did the Creator of everything come from? Nobody can answer this question and if they claim to do so, I would be very weary of their words in the future. Where God came from is ultimately God's eternal secret.

But this is not a religious question. I was constantly asking this question regarding science. Science is just as blind, because you don't hear scientists explaining where all of the things they are studying ultimately came from and how that source came about, because they don't know. Big bang--what caused the bang? What is the source of the things that were involved in the bang? For every single solitary explanation they come up with, you can ask this question. They don't know. This alone seems like it should be enough to convince anyone who is ernestly seeking truth to at least be open to the idea of some mysterious unseen entity or force, energy, behind all of this, if not God.
Old 25-12-2017, 07:39 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
You cannot take in breath (Breathing ) without taking in breath ( Breathing )
So the statement makes no sense, it contradicts itself.

Maybe grow gills?
Old 25-12-2017, 08:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadarian
Maybe grow gills?

Seeing we come from fish that shouldn't be difficult..
Old 25-12-2017, 08:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadarian
This is the ultimate question that can never be answered, at least not while we're on Earth, and maybe never. Where did God come from? Where did the Creator of everything come from? Nobody can answer this question and if they claim to do so, I would be very weary of their words in the future. Where God came from is ultimately God's eternal secret.

But this is not a religious question. I was constantly asking this question regarding science. Science is just as blind, because you don't hear scientists explaining where all of the things they are studying ultimately came from and how that source came about, because they don't know. Big bang--what caused the bang? What is the source of the things that were involved in the bang? For every single solitary explanation they come up with, you can ask this question. They don't know. This alone seems like it should be enough to convince anyone who is ernestly seeking truth to at least be open to the idea of some mysterious unseen entity or force, energy, behind all of this, if not God.

Cause and effect is my answer but the Scientist wouldn't agree with me
Old 25-12-2017, 07:16 PM
Suspended
Sky,

I think "the breath and connection to God" means the secular human connection or human body and his spirit. But it doesn't say,the connection to deities in the universe. Or never mentioned that the spirit is supposed to be God. But spirit can become ghost or demon.... And there's no evidence to prove that whoever practicing of breath or breathing in meditation and surely will connect to or become God. The God here is his own spirit or a person without breath is dead. I wonder how human believe breath is "connected to God" and "not connected to Gods" ? And I more likely to believe it's not connected to God outside of himself. But if a person doesn't breath that means he's dead.
Old 25-12-2017, 08:00 PM
Suspended
Someone still doesn't know what kundalini energy is really like? Or spreading devil ideology to Christianity sub-forum as if kundalini is a part of Christianity? When that kundalini energy is a practice of Christians? That's someone are too smart to include Hinduism as Buddhism and Tibetan Buddhism or Dzogchen...all the practice of other religions are treated as Christians belief or practice.

Why no other clearly telling Ab Orgine that he's wrong. And sky the thread holder also not to mention it's not true. And may I say, it's poison to Christian mind of belief. And only him to do a blended few religions to one sideways of belief. But it's against the Christianity religion belief.

When one too eager to learn the dharma in a wrong direction then he may fell into his own traps of vanity.There's a Chinese idiom: more haste, less speed 欲速则不达.
Old 25-12-2017, 08:20 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
This use to puzzle me as a child and you are not encouraged to ask questions regarding religion, just believe what you are told or you will go to hell, thankfully we have freedom of mind and speech as adults and insight to delve deeper.
God has always been, is, and always will be. There is no beginning or end to God.