Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 24-12-2017, 09:39 AM
Master
Breath and God are linked.

Breathing and the breath in general is an important concept in esoteric practices. The question is why. Let’s start with the Bible scripture Genesis 2:7:

“And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul.”

In the above scripture the “breath of life” is associated with “living soul.” Scientifically we know that man needs oxygen in order for our cells to function properly. Without oxygen human cells die. But is there more to breath than simply keeping us alive? Can the breath connect us directly to God?

There are certain scriptures that seem to indicate a deeper mystery surrounding the concept of linking God to the breath. Job 33:4 refers to the “breath of life” as the “breath of the Almighty.” While mainstream religion has never associated the concept of the breath directly with God, the author of Job doesn’t take it for granted like most of us do every day.

Some esoteric circles believe that certain controlled breathing techniques—along with specific meditations and pronunciations—have the ability to induce altered states of consciousness where the observer can experience a union with God.

Buddhist Meditation focuses on the breath, as does Hinduism ( From him springs forth the breath of life ).
Judaism also incorporates breath meditation ( Netesh Eloka the breath of God, the unfathomabile stillness ) .
Taoisim and Jainism meditation practises also focus on the breath..

Seems that all great minds think alike. Something we do without even noticing can lead us to places we have never been
Old 24-12-2017, 12:16 PM
Pathfinder

Through meditation I observed that the point at the end of an inhalation and before the exhalation is the interface between the body and the soul. Breath is the mechanism through which the soul interfaces with the body. I did not get this from a religion--I saw it in my own meditations.
Old 24-12-2017, 12:31 PM
Experiencer

Hi Folks.

Sky; Yes breathing correctly can be very beneficial indeed to both the physical body of course, but also to our inner spiritual perception as well...

When we stop to actually think about our "breath" and "how it works" , it really is seen to be quite amazing and we get to see just how spectacular this human machine actually is - for it turns out that actually inside us, is a miniature NUCLEAR REACTOR where quite literally we "split atoms" inside our body to produce the energy we need to survive...

That's REALLY amazing once we realise this is the EXACT same process that gave rise to our famous "atomic bombs" and "nuclear missiles" - if our breathing ever got out of control, down on that atomic level, then simply we would anhialate a large area around us quite easily exactly as if we dropped a nucleaer warhead on it - and yet it simply NEVER HAPPENS..... Its so so easy for OUR machines and nuclear reactors we BUILD, are often malfunctioning and often bring us to the brink of natural disaster - but that same nuclear reaction hapeens every moment INSIDE our lungs, and yet there is NEVER a catastrophe such a we often witness in our man made schemes and systems...

And the amazing aspects don't stop there - for it turns out that actually, we only use a very VERY small percentage of the "air we breath" and MOST of it is merely expelled again... For instance - we know the gas OXYGEN is quite essential to our healthy body - but it turns out we breath out around 97% of the oxygen we inhale, and it is UNUSED - same for all the gases we breath in....

Hmm - we DO split the atoms down to the nucleus - BUT this is NOT the PRIMARY source of our internal energy - obviously not or we would be using a lot more of that "fuel" that we breathe in to power this nuclear machine, the body that we ride in.. It seems then - and nearly all spiritual traditions agree - there MUST be something EXTRA that we take from the air we breathe - something that gives us energy but does not affect the molecular makeup of the air we breathe.. For as said, we simply waste 97% of our potential breath energy as un needed.... We have called this subtle energy PRANA - and it is THIS spiritual force that is the essential element here...

The ONLY reason we breathe at all - is to get this PRANA from the air around - from EVERYTHING around actually, but breathing it in is most efficient.. We breathe in GASES - "physical" forms of ENERGY - as said we take a SMALL percentage of that potential and use it to power the PHYSICAL form (supplemented by the food we intake also) - but primarily - the act of drawing breath, is for the balance and functioning of the spiritual system - the MIND itself, absolutely requires this subtler form of Pranic energy...

And this is why the breath is so efficient at allowing us to join mortal mind to "spiritual mind" as simply the Prana is the power that makes the mind function whilst inside this machine we call body.. Become aware of this "stream of energy" then, and we may use it to link and connect these seemingly seperate internal systems - but of course they were Never separate at all - its just that we have this divide in the mind - we are broken at present (purposefully broken I say) - and this divide first needs to be crossed, mended, made whole, before we can get this system to really become efficient as it was intended....CONSCIOUS breathing is the best way to achieve that inner union of Self..

Once we manage to unify the inner world, we may also then literally exit the body - the Conscious mind IS the energy and that energy is literally EVERYWHERE - and so with training the mortal mind can indeed free itself from the mortal shackles here and becomes finally, FULLY FREE to expand and literally become one with ALL of Creation....Hence this internal "subconscious" breath process can be mastered in a direct CONSCIOUS manner and this union can be forced to happen at Will with Conscious intent.. As said, this SAME base pranic energy that we use is the SAME base pranic energy that is foundation to ALL "physical matter" - it is literally EVERYWHERE as I say and once free from the body the mind begins to assimilate all these new forms as ONE energetic reality - one SPIRITUAL reality where the divided mind has greatly expanded and began to reclaimits fullest potential...

It seems bizarre - but in the direct experience -following the breath INWARDS - eventually leads to a complete out of body experience - and a direct experience of "cosmic consciousness" - Christ or Buddha nature if we prefer these terms - one and the same phenomena Folks - the MIND is freed by following the subtle energetic pathways that have always surrounded us, and that actually GAVE RISE to and power the mind we now use... There is NO SEPERATION at all between that "outside" world and this INNER world we create - the only seperation is caused by this divided mind we must use for now - mend that mind though - breath exercises are very good for this - and then we begin to directly experience the UNITY that we are ALWAYS an integral part of ...

My Fathers Kingdom is already here Christ aid - it is WITHINYS and it is WITHOUT us -all around - people just do not know how to look - how to examine this Present moment where they are now fully Conscious - the breath is the key that shows this inner wisdom most clearly...Bring forth that which is INSIDE you, follow it He said and all the outer mystery will become fully revealed....For those with ears to hear - it does indeed start with the breath...
Old 24-12-2017, 01:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadarian
Through meditation I observed that the point at the end of an inhalation and before the exhalation is the interface between the body and the soul. Breath is the mechanism through which the soul interfaces with the body. I did not get this from a religion--I saw it in my own meditations.

No wonder Meditating makes us feel so good
Old 24-12-2017, 01:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab Origine
Hi Folks.

Sky; Yes breathing correctly can be very beneficial indeed to both the physical body of course, but also to our inner spiritual perception as well...

When we stop to actually think about our "breath" and "how it works" , it really is seen to be quite amazing and we get to see just how spectacular this human machine actually is - for it turns out that actually inside us, is a miniature NUCLEAR REACTOR where quite literally we "split atoms" inside our body to produce the energy we need to survive...

That's REALLY amazing once we realise this is the EXACT same process that gave rise to our famous "atomic bombs" and "nuclear missiles" - if our breathing ever got out of control, down on that atomic level, then simply we would anhialate a large area around us quite easily exactly as if we dropped a nucleaer warhead on it - and yet it simply NEVER HAPPENS..... Its so so easy for OUR machines and nuclear reactors we BUILD, are often malfunctioning and often bring us to the brink of natural disaster - but that same nuclear reaction hapeens every moment INSIDE our lungs, and yet there is NEVER a catastrophe such a we often witness in our man made schemes and systems...

And the amazing aspects don't stop there - for it turns out that actually, we only use a very VERY small percentage of the "air we breath" and MOST of it is merely expelled again... For instance - we know the gas OXYGEN is quite essential to our healthy body - but it turns out we breath out around 97% of the oxygen we inhale, and it is UNUSED - same for all the gases we breath in....

Hmm - we DO split the atoms down to the nucleus - BUT this is NOT the PRIMARY source of our internal energy - obviously not or we would be using a lot more of that "fuel" that we breathe in to power this nuclear machine, the body that we ride in.. It seems then - and nearly all spiritual traditions agree - there MUST be something EXTRA that we take from the air we breathe - something that gives us energy but does not affect the molecular makeup of the air we breathe.. For as said, we simply waste 97% of our potential breath energy as un needed.... We have called this subtle energy PRANA - and it is THIS spiritual force that is the essential element here...

The ONLY reason we breathe at all - is to get this PRANA from the air around - from EVERYTHING around actually, but breathing it in is most efficient.. We breathe in GASES - "physical" forms of ENERGY - as said we take a SMALL percentage of that potential and use it to power the PHYSICAL form (supplemented by the food we intake also) - but primarily - the act of drawing breath, is for the balance and functioning of the spiritual system - the MIND itself, absolutely requires this subtler form of Pranic energy...

And this is why the breath is so efficient at allowing us to join mortal mind to "spiritual mind" as simply the Prana is the power that makes the mind function whilst inside this machine we call body.. Become aware of this "stream of energy" then, and we may use it to link and connect these seemingly seperate internal systems - but of course they were Never separate at all - its just that we have this divide in the mind - we are broken at present (purposefully broken I say) - and this divide first needs to be crossed, mended, made whole, before we can get this system to really become efficient as it was intended....CONSCIOUS breathing is the best way to achieve that inner union of Self..

Once we manage to unify the inner world, we may also then literally exit the body - the Conscious mind IS the energy and that energy is literally EVERYWHERE - and so with training the mortal mind can indeed free itself from the mortal shackles here and becomes finally, FULLY FREE to expand and literally become one with ALL of Creation....Hence this internal "subconscious" breath process can be mastered in a direct CONSCIOUS manner and this union can be forced to happen at Will with Conscious intent.. As said, this SAME base pranic energy that we use is the SAME base pranic energy that is foundation to ALL "physical matter" - it is literally EVERYWHERE as I say and once free from the body the mind begins to assimilate all these new forms as ONE energetic reality - one SPIRITUAL reality where the divided mind has greatly expanded and began to reclaimits fullest potential...

It seems bizarre - but in the direct experience -following the breath INWARDS - eventually leads to a complete out of body experience - and a direct experience of "cosmic consciousness" - Christ or Buddha nature if we prefer these terms - one and the same phenomena Folks - the MIND is freed by following the subtle energetic pathways that have always surrounded us, and that actually GAVE RISE to and power the mind we now use... There is NO SEPERATION at all between that "outside" world and this INNER world we create - the only seperation is caused by this divided mind we must use for now - mend that mind though - breath exercises are very good for this - and then we begin to directly experience the UNITY that we are ALWAYS an integral part of ...

My Fathers Kingdom is already here Christ aid - it is WITHINYS and it is WITHOUT us -all around - people just do not know how to look - how to examine this Present moment where they are now fully Conscious - the breath is the key that shows this inner wisdom most clearly...Bring forth that which is INSIDE you, follow it He said and all the outer mystery will become fully revealed....For those with ears to hear - it does indeed start with the breath...

What a fantastic post Ab thank you, keep them coming.
Going to re-read and come back on the similarities with Buddhism.
Old 24-12-2017, 03:17 PM
Master
Prana in Buddism is Virya which basically means life energy or vitality, in Taoism it's Chi.
In Buddhism the body is the universe, all things seen or unseen, material or spiritual are manifestation of the universe.
Consciouness is within and without in Buddhism and the kingdom of God can be understood as ' Nirvana' .
Inner life and outer life have no separation only our delusions make it seem so, to make it seamless is to realize ' Oneness ' or interbeing, Buddha Nature/ Christ Consciouness
Old 24-12-2017, 05:51 PM
Experiencer
Genesis 2:7. And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

The breath of life is the living work of the Holy Spirit.

The term “Spirit” translates the Hebrew word ruah which in it’s primary sense, means breath, air, wind.

God gave man life through His Holy Spirit.

I believe that the breath of life went into man’s nostrils and is located over and throughout the brain giving us life. And without the breathe of life, the brain would not function and we would have no life in this world. The breath of life is connected to our spirits by the silver cord. When the silver cord is loosed, we are cut off from the breath of life, the brain dies, we become disconnected from our bodies, and are no longer part of this physical world.

Ecclesiastes 12:6-7. Remember your Creator before the silver cord is loosed, Or the golden bowl is broken, Or the pitcher shattered at the fountain, Or the wheel broken at the well. Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, And the spirit will return to God who gave it.
Old 24-12-2017, 11:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadarian

the next step for me was 'breathing without breathing'. But it does take a bit of faith!
Old 25-12-2017, 01:35 AM
Experiencer

Hi Folks..

Sky; Thank You... I will do my best to dig out any more little nuggets and between us all we may yet find truth

Yes this inner vital force is known throughout the world many names and cultures but all speaking of the ONE vital force, obviously, that we each must contain no matter what culture or belief we follow.. The fact that it is mentioned by every major tradition, gives credence to the fact that it is a legitimate and real world phenomena and not some "new age" woo woo thinking - or made up fantasy delusion - but is based wholly on real world phenomena that can be directly experienced first hand, by any of us now reading this post..

Quote:
Inner life and outer life have no separation only our delusions make it seem so, to make it seamless is to realize ' Oneness ' or interbeing, Buddha Nature/ Christ Consciouness

Nirvana - my second fave group ever

As usual your man Buddha is saying EXACTLY what my mate Christ taught - pity is though, neither are saying what this RELIGION taught, despite what that religion has us all believe..

Hadarian;
Quote:

Ah , same as it was for me my friend... You are what they term - a Gnostic - did you know..?...You follow the LIVING TRUTH as it was delivered directly by the EXPERIENCE of it...This truth is gnosis, the only true guide, Christ advised - do not follow man (religion, books opinion) - but seek that LIVING TRUTH always He said...

LowlyServant; As I hinted at above, Christ is not speaking or teaching about THAT god of bible genesis - He is speaking though of the LEGITIMATE, purely abstract SOURCE of All Creation, and teaching US lowly mortals, how to ACCESS IT DIRECTLY here and now...

Now the quote from Ecclesiastes, you may also assume to be from the god yhvh given to Soloman who supposedly wrote that book - but tuth is - Solomon openly invoked those you would call "demons" - fallen Angels gave him HIS KNOWLEDGE - and so he too learned metaphysical secrets that are the EXACT SAME TEACHING that CHRIST will also give - to those with ears to hear...

As I have said before elsewhere - this is all about crossing IMPOSED spiritual dimensions - its all about keeping mortal lowly Souls, trapped, indeed SERVANT here dominated by that one we call Yhvh... First its own Angels revealed a truth to mankind, of an inner mechanism that allows us to cross spiritual planes of existance and experience the spiritual realms directly.. The god forbad this truth to us, banished them AND US all down here fully mortal to STOP us entering HIGHER spiritual realms where the TRUE Divine may be encountered...Your god of the bible is NOT of that TRUE Divine - it is a CREATURE exactly like You and I are..

Angels taught us literally how to ascend and bypass its hold - we are all punished for this - we persist in our attempts and nearly wiped out by your god in rage - but we survive and prosper though ar still spiritually dominated, now living under wholly corrupt and "evil" world authority - eventually the Christ will come and give us this SAME TRUTH again - how to ASCEND the realm of Yhvh and ESCAPE it for good... The priesthood of Yhvh MURDERED HIM to stop this truth being revealed !!

He taught of an INNER process of discovery - that will uncover He said a LIGHT - an ENERGY within the Self - deep inside - down a narrow path - encounter a blank void and empty SILENCE HE said - here a new Presence will come forth - allow it and follow ITS guidance always... THIS is the Holy Ghost - not the breath of your god - but an INNER connection to the Mind of the Creator of All - the living energy and presence of its very first Self emanation - and it may shock you but this first presence is FEMALE my friend - not a god but a GODDESS... We each have HER living spark of life within us - we may awaken it if we know how cultivate it, make it roar into Fire and thus burns the Soul free of its mortal bondage.... In the late stages of course, this is the identical real world phenomena as they ALL reveal as discussed - prana chi, virya etc etc - but its best description is probably KUNDALINI for the Hinds have known this truth for EVER and never really forgot it or tried to HIDE IT from us as western culture did...

Here it became the Holy Ghost - and it is VERY REAL - though that religion hid its REAL WORLD function application and ability - they have taken the KEYS to this wisdom Christ said have hidden them on purpose - they have no truth to give you He warned - will NOT ALLOW you to have truth either !!

You quote Ecclesiastes - the book of the ELECT - but I doubt you understand its significiance (you don't understand the silver chord) - and the reason for that is because the religion have MISLED YOU just as Christ warned they would.. Your quote above in its ENTIRETY and not just the silver chord part - it is ALL speaking of this INNER ENERGETIC SYSTEM - its activation and its function - it is speaking metaphorically of the internal Chakra system and the energy of Kundalini that it releases..

(wait for it Folks - a certain rampant poster is about to blow a fuse here lol - Im spreading demonic influence don't you know lol - but in a way its not wrong)

See - as said - that's Soloman supposedly speaking in your quote yes..?.. And he communed directly with the fallen Angels, in their disincarnated "demonic" form as you would term it... Angels gave him the truth - not god yhvh... Here he is speaking about that inner system - look - some metaphysical basics first - spiritual experiences do NOT happen in the PHYSCAL body - they happen in a REPLICA - astral - SPIRITUAL form (I could tell you (all) also your dreams happen here in this astral replica also, down that narrow path within to encounter the dream, but dare to go through the Gate Beyond to encounter the TRUTH)

When you build a hand to replace a hand Christ said - a body to replace a body - an eye to replace these eyes - THEN He said you will enter my Fathers Kingdom...When you STRIP your clothes without shame or fear, THEN you will enter my Fathers Presence.. The "clothes" that your Soul now wears Folks - strip free from the body !!

ASTRAL none physical reality....SHED this mortal form FIRST to learn this truth - the Holy Ghost is revealed within this process and HIS teaching shows you HOW to do it directly - except they HID His teaching from you - oops !!! Just as He warned - they took these keys to knowledge and with held their meaning from you....Keep an open mind...See...

Soloman above is speaking of this inner mechanism that HE USES to COMMUNE WITH ANGELS....This inner process of spiritual awakening of this subtle living Conscious Divine energy.. it is an IDENTICAL and METAPHYSICAL teaching that Christ also would deliver to those with ears to hear...

The silver chord - not the breath of life malarkey - but an actual energetic conduit that joins the mortal form TO the first astral replica form - this spiritual body is REAL FOLKS - it is to all intents and purposes, none material, like an electromagnetic form - it covers us completely as an auric field and seperates quite naturally each and every time we rest and the mind enters certain brainwave states.. Hence deep meditation can MAKE it separate Folks...

The silver chord that Soloman is speaking of there is the energetic conduit between these first two forms, physical and low astral Self....Beyond that though, another form is likewise Created, far more fluid and malleable, and this is used for true spiritual discovery.. here though Soloman is speaking purely of the first mortal form, its inner system of spiritual release - chakras and Kundalini.. The wisdom is clear once we know what we are supposed to be looking for..

The golden bowl - is the 7th, crown chakra Sahasrara - called the 1000 petal lotus as it reveals "a thousand" spiritual dimensions that you are now free to explore - where (ideally) the Soul should exit the mortal form here (it can exit from many places but ideally, for best control this top chakra is the way to go)..

The "pitcher shattered at the fountain", is the release of the molecule DMT into the brain as the 6th chakra Ajna is activated to allow this Soul free flight - so it causes the physical pineal gland to secrete a yellow honey like substance - along with the pituitary glans which releases another similar white substance which together form the DMT - this is the fabled LAND OF MILK AND HONEY Folks - and if we are meditating properly with tongue in roof of mouth - this will cause (eventually) a trickle of this chakral fluid to drop down onto the tip of the tongue, be absorbed and spread throughout the body - this is the oil of the Christ - truly you are now annointed by the Divine - you have knocked and the door is opened - await now a new Presence to come forth..

Its direct experience is utter physical bliss - Nirvana - living love joy and happiness wholeness of Being - what was within, comes out - what was without, is now within.. Freedom and utter extacy..The treasure that never fails..

Or the wheel broken at the well.??...Refers to any of the lower chakras where this Divine inner force is first raised up step by step...At death this inner system is going to fail he is saying - best to come to know it now whilst still alive.. Then the "dust will return to the earth as it was", the body will fail and rot - And the "spirit will return to God who gave it" - the Soul will remain free to travel the multiverse - and yes - if you follow THAT god of the bible it will return there as it is taught and instructed, dominated to do - BUT - if yoy come to know Christ and HIS truth, then finally you will be free to transcend this mortal spiritual prison realm entirely, and step forth into my Fathers abode as an eternal Soul, as He always intended, but as that bible god directly forbids You to do.. For those with ears to hear...
Old 25-12-2017, 05:48 AM
Master
Quote Ab....' As usual your man Buddha is saying EXACTLY what my mate Christ taught - pity is though, neither are saying what this RELIGION taught, despite what that religion has us all believe '

Of course they see eye to eye, they were both Buddha's
Have you not noticed the similarities in The Gospel Of Thomas and Buddhist teachings ?

Buddha btw is not a man, it comes from the Sanskrit word Bodhi and translated/understood to mean ' Enlightenment, wisdom, insight, awakened ) so one who see's through the delusions etc: becomes enlightened/awakened is a Buddha

io saturnalia to you and yours