Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 18-01-2019, 04:42 PM
Master

When I was young I did seek advancement especially in the field of my employment. Mainly to be able to raise my kids in an environment of comfort. But once my kids were raised and gone I didn't focus on advancement as much. For me it was a maturity thing, not a spiritual thing.

Now I could give a rats but as to recognition and any form of advancement. Life wears a person down as we age. It smooths off the rough and sharp edges and after weathering the storm for many years just putting one foot in front of the other is the desired goal.

Don't bring to much attention to myself so as not to have to go through another 'learning experience.' Please NO MORE!
Old 18-01-2019, 06:35 PM
Guide
The only thing I want is to be closer to my Higher Self. I don’t want money, success, fame, women, etc.
Old 19-01-2019, 01:57 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Someone recently said to me. “I want what you have found”. I said. “If you do the work (on self) you will find what your seeking through me. Gratitude was often the point in me that preceded compassion,loving kindness and humility. Your natural being state or true self understands so practising the very thing you wish to become, will support everything not in alignment to it in you, to fall away..
I'm sure there's someone like me who says that to you
Thank you for reminding me that I should not focus on what I may get (in the end), how it's gonna be, but on myself, especially through assessing gratitude in me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
When I was young I did seek advancement especially in the field of my employment. Mainly to be able to raise my kids in an environment of comfort. But once my kids were raised and gone I didn't focus on advancement as much. For me it was a maturity thing, not a spiritual thing.

Now I could give a rats but as to recognition and any form of advancement. Life wears a person down as we age. It smooths off the rough and sharp edges and after weathering the storm for many years just putting one foot in front of the other is the desired goal.

Don't bring to much attention to myself so as not to have to go through another 'learning experience.' Please NO MORE!
That's a very practical and wise way to look (back) at your own life, linen53.
As you say, some may simply see it as maturity thing, not really about spiritual awakening. Or even, one could say "it was just a change in the environment so I adopted to it." There's nothing wrong with that logic/feeling, yeah...
Me too! I don't want to be here just for a lesson...though I thank God for giving me the opportunities to make my self better
#gratitude
Quote:
Originally Posted by green1
The only thing I want is to be closer to my Higher Self. I don’t want money, success, fame, women, etc.
I like your simple goal. Wow I'm getting quite an inspiration from people here. Thank you guys!