Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 22-11-2019, 09:32 PM
Sunshine111 Sunshine111 is offline
Suspended
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 550
  Sunshine111's Avatar
The Book of Enoch the Prophet by Laurence.

Hi all,

Has anyone read the Book of Enoch the Prophet by Richard Laurence, first published in 1833?.

If yes, what are your impressions, opinion and conclusions about it?.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 23-11-2019, 12:44 AM
kundalinikid kundalinikid is online now
Experiencer
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 323
 
Yes, I've read and reread that book numerous times.

It is key in my mind to fundamentally understanding Genesis, the end of days, key prophecies of the Son of Man and the end days, the weather, the movement of the sun and moon, what happens when people die etc.

It is one of my favorites.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 23-11-2019, 08:56 AM
Sunshine111 Sunshine111 is offline
Suspended
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 550
  Sunshine111's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalinikid
Yes, I've read and reread that book numerous times.

It is key in my mind to fundamentally understanding Genesis, the end of days, key prophecies of the Son of Man and the end days, the weather, the movement of the sun and moon, what happens when people die etc.

It is one of my favorites.

Hi kundalinikid and thank you for your nice response.

What in fact and reality I have read about, as far as I see it, part of which is a war or spiritual warfare between devils and angels.

What do you think is the reason why this book was rejected, initially by the Jews and not included in the Canons?.

Does another visiting or claiming to have visited the heavens may be a reason for this rejection?.

Or, was there anything more in the ancient scriptures than already read that was not translated in English that led to this rejection?.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 24-11-2019, 12:50 AM
kundalinikid kundalinikid is online now
Experiencer
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 323
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine111
Hi kundalinikid and thank you for your nice response.

What in fact and reality I have read about, as far as I see it, part of which is a war or spiritual warfare between devils and angels.

What do you think is the reason why this book was rejected, initially by the Jews and not included in the Canons?.

Does another visiting or claiming to have visited the heavens may be a reason for this rejection?.

Or, was there anything more in the ancient scriptures than already read that was not translated in English that led to this rejection?.

I don't think it was rejected by all Jews. Didn't they find scrolls of Enoch from the Essence community at Qumran?
Here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aramaic_Enoch_Scroll

I cannot answer your second question, but it is recorded in the Bible this:
Enoch walked faithfully with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.

I do not think early Christians rejected it. Jude cites directly from Enoch:
14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

Why do I think it was ultimately removed? Because it makes too much sense...If people had historically accurate accounts then scientific people would be more apt to learn and be curious. As it stand now, you have about 3 Chapters of a boat, animals, floods, and most analytical people are just like yeahhhhh okay. I think there is a group of people and higher beings where it is in their best interest to keep people complacent and unaware of their existence. Paul teaches as much:

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 24-11-2019, 05:29 AM
Sunshine111 Sunshine111 is offline
Suspended
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 550
  Sunshine111's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalinikid
I don't think it was rejected by all Jews. Didn't they find scrolls of Enoch from the Essence community at Qumran?
Here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aramaic_Enoch_Scroll

I cannot answer your second question, but it is recorded in the Bible this:
Enoch walked faithfully with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.

I do not think early Christians rejected it. Jude cites directly from Enoch:
14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

Why do I think it was ultimately removed? Because it makes too much sense...If people had historically accurate accounts then scientific people would be more apt to learn and be curious. As it stand now, you have about 3 Chapters of a boat, animals, floods, and most analytical people are just like yeahhhhh okay. I think there is a group of people and higher beings where it is in their best interest to keep people complacent and unaware of their existence. Paul teaches as much:

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Hi Kundalinikid and thank you for your great input on the subject.

I actually like the last quoted part , 12 of Paul, so much that I decided to note it down in my offline book of notes.

Was not referring to early Christians as far as the rejection is concerned. I had already read the Wikipedia section prior to you copying the link and already knew that early Christians were aware of this book and Enoch as a prophet. Also, what Enoch said was incorporated into Bible under the names of others, the question is why. It feels like they have adopted what Enoch said and made this their own sayings and words rather than had their own visions or so it seems to me and to which of course , I may be wrong.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums