Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 08-11-2017, 06:34 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
If you think people have no knowledge of Buddhism on here would you like to point out what you think is incorrect ?

Like i have said , most of human are lucky to be born human and most of them won't reborn to be human when they have died .
Why ?
Because they lied , they take people properties without their permission , they have sex with woman who already has husband , they kill other living being .
So , because of that they go to hell , be born an animal or be born a petta .
Good people go to heaven . There's seven heavens which also include the heaven Christians people want to go to . But even in that heaven , after living a very long time , you will go back to hell , being petta or animal .
So , Buddha teach me These : Your body is not yours , one day it will be gone . This world is consisted of mostly suffering , you will be born , getting illness and death , you also will get endless sadness , unhappy feeling when you are at it , so you have to try to escape from it .
You will actually get that by Meditation and being aware of the truth .
THere're four truth :
-Truth about Suffering : Be Born is suffering , Illness is suffering , death is suffering , staying with something you don't want is suffering , don't get what you want is suffering .
-Truth about reasons why you are suffering : Love leads to being born , go with happiness and greedy , looking for joy from places to places .
-Truth about Escaping.
_Truth about how to escape .
THe later 2 truth you have to understand 2 first truth , so i won't tell yet . It will be long , and it's not easy to understand 2 first truth, only very few people get it so if you or anyone get it , i will post since English is not my first language .
Old 08-11-2017, 07:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony37
Like i have said , most of human are lucky to be born human and most of them won't reborn to be human when they have died .
Why ?
Because they lied , they take people properties without their permission , they have sex with woman who already has husband , they kill other living being .
So , because of that they go to hell , be born an animal or be born a petta .
Good people go to heaven . There's seven heavens which also include the heaven Christians people want to go to . But even in that heaven , after living a very long time , you will go back to hell , being petta or animal .
So , Buddha teach me These : Your body is not yours , one day it will be gone . This world is consisted of mostly suffering , you will be born , getting illness and death , you also will get endless sadness , unhappy feeling when you are at it , so you have to try to escape from it .
You will actually get that by Meditation and being aware of the truth .
THere're four truth :
-Truth about Suffering : Be Born is suffering , Illness is suffering , death is suffering , staying with something you don't want is suffering , don't get what you want is suffering .
-Truth about reasons why you are suffering : Love leads to being born , go with happiness and greedy , looking for joy from places to places .
-Truth about Escaping.
_Truth about how to escape .
THe later 2 truth you have to understand 2 first truth , so i won't tell yet . It will be long , and it's not easy to understand 2 first truth, only very few people get it so if you or anyone get it , i will post since English is not my first language .

But non of the above is Buddha's teachings
Old 08-11-2017, 08:21 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo15
l don't believe this is true.
What can happen is that certain parts of our being incarnate through an animal, bird etc in order to work out certain karmas. Human beings don't reincarnate as animals - that would be a regression.
Animals eventually progress or evolve enough to take a human birth.

Wow - one who thinks he is above the animals.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:13 PM
Eelco

Quote:
With this kind of thought you think you will stay human or something better forever after death even if you Kill people , Rape , or Take someone else 's properties without their permission ? No , that kind of thought only lead you to hell , you are just lucky to be born human . And if you do no -good thing you go back , that 's how it is whether you believe it or not . You know how many animals on earth and how many creatures living within the sea ? Much much more than the number of human , also include very small creatures .
In my language , it's pretty clear , maybe when Buddha 's teaching were translated into English it being translated wrong , i just joined the forum and i saw people have very little to no knowledge at all .

Hi Tony,

I don't expect to stay human or something better.
I don't believe that I (the being/ego calling himself eelco in this body) will exist after death.

Also I wasn't referring to any Buddhist scriptures when I wrote what I think happens.
Although I would be interested where in the Tipitaka, Buddha talks about incarnations as animals..

With Love
Eelco
Old 09-11-2017, 02:14 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
But non of the above is Buddha's teachings
That's exactly Buddha's teaching . That's why bhikkhu leave their home searching to "escape" , means to know , to no longer be reborn in the future . What you have said also proves that you know little to no knowledge about real Buddhism . Your source of Buddhism may not be translated right .
By not being reborn , you are no longer have to die and having suffering . That's where suffering ends .
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsquotl
Hi Tony,

I don't expect to stay human or something better.
I don't believe that I (the being/ego calling himself eelco in this body) will exist after death.

Also I wasn't referring to any Buddhist scriptures when I wrote what I think happens.
Although I would be interested where in the Tipitaka, Buddha talks about incarnations as animals..

With Love
Eelco
You don't believe you will exist after death but you do , that's why you was born to this world be cause you existed before that .
Now , having thinking you will no longer exist after you died and there's no consequences of doing good things or doing bad things is a "not right" thought and with that thought only lead you to hell , because if you think there's no consequences then you don't try to do good things and to try to avoid doing bad things .
Now , Everytime when you do bad things , like killing an animals , something immediately affects your "soul" , now if you are good person before, by doing that drag you back, the first time you kill a person you feel hard , but then you feel more easy to do that . Same things happen when you do good things like giving people free food , free cloth .
Like i have said , people on here mostly have not access to the right teaching of Buddha . It's not a religion , it 's the truth , that's what happening on every person , living things on earth and on every heavens .
Old 09-11-2017, 02:55 AM
Eelco

Lol,

Come back to me if you want to discuss things.. We are on a discussion forum after all.
I'm not waiting on your lecture. Besides You seem to misinterpret my words anyway,

If I recall correctly Buddha urged us to investigate his words for ourselves. Your way of expressing yourself doesn't seem to leave me that option.

Anyways. Where again in the Pali canon did Buddha talk about reincarnating as animals?
To be honest.. I think that that particular part of the teachings may have been a later addition, but I'm open to be proven wrong..

Here's what I could find in the Dvedhavitakka Sutta:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"When the mind was thus concentrated, purified, bright, unblemished, rid of defilement, pliant, malleable, steady, & attained to imperturbability, I directed it to the knowledge of recollecting my past lives. I recollected my manifold past lives, i.e., one birth, two... five, ten... fifty, a hundred, a thousand, a hundred thousand, many eons of cosmic contraction, many eons of cosmic expansion, many eons of cosmic contraction & expansion: 'There I had such a name, belonged to such a clan, had such an appearance. Such was my food, such my experience of pleasure & pain, such the end of my life. Passing away from that state, I re-arose there. There too I had such a name, belonged to such a clan, had such an appearance. Such was my food, such my experience of pleasure & pain, such the end of my life. Passing away from that state, I re-arose here.' Thus I remembered my manifold past lives in their modes & details.

"This was the first knowledge I attained in the first watch of the night. Ignorance was destroyed; knowledge arose; darkness was destroyed; light arose — as happens in one who is heedful, ardent, & resolute.

"When the mind was thus concentrated, purified, bright, unblemished, rid of defilement, pliant, malleable, steady, & attained to imperturbability, I directed it to the knowledge of the passing away & reappearance of beings. I saw — by means of the divine eye, purified & surpassing the human — beings passing away & re-appearing, and I discerned how they are inferior & superior, beautiful & ugly, fortunate & unfortunate in accordance with their kamma: 'These beings — who were endowed with bad conduct of body, speech & mind, who reviled the Noble Ones, held wrong views and undertook actions under the influence of wrong views — with the break-up of the body, after death, have re-appeared in the plane of deprivation, the bad destination, the lower realms, in hell. But these beings — who were endowed with good conduct of body, speech, & mind, who did not revile the Noble Ones, who held right views and undertook actions under the influence of right views — with the break-up of the body, after death, have re-appeared in the good destinations, in the heavenly world.' Thus — by means of the divine eye, purified & surpassing the human — I saw beings passing away & re-appearing, and I discerned how they are inferior & superior, beautiful & ugly, fortunate & unfortunate in accordance with their kamma.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So we see that Buddha did tech reincarnation into various realms of hell and heaven based on our actions.
I don't think he (in the Pali canon) suggested humans to become animals.

Now having thought long and hard about reincarnation myself.
I have a different view on what Buddha means by it than most spiritual seekers do.

With Love
Old 09-11-2017, 05:05 AM
Master
Born into the animal realm.

http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/reincarnation.htm

This might help clear up some misunderstandings..
Old 09-11-2017, 05:10 AM
Master
Quote:
That's exactly Buddha's teaching . That's why bhikkhu leave their home searching to "escape" , means to know , to no longer be reborn in the future . What you have said also proves that you know little to no knowledge about real Buddhism . Your source of Buddhism may not be translated right .
By not being reborn , you are no longer have to die and having sukffering . That's where suffering ends .
You don't believe you will exist after death but you do , that's why you was born to this world be cause you existed before that .
Now , having thinking you will no longer exist after you died and there's no consequences of doing good things or doing bad things is a "not right" thought and with that thought only lead you to hell , because if you think there's no consequences then you don't try to do good things and to try to avoid doing bad things .
Now , Everytime when you do bad things , like killing an animals , something immediately affects your "soul" , now if you are good person before, by doing that drag you back, the first time you kill a person you feel hard , but then you feel more easy to do that . Same things happen when you do good things like giving people free food , free cloth .
Like i have said , people on here mostly have not access to the right teaching of Buddha . It's not a religion , it 's the truth , that's what happening on every person , living things on earth and on every heavens .

The Buddha never taught about heaven or hell or being born into animal realms.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:36 AM
Eelco

Quote:
http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/reincarnation.htm

This might help clear up some misunderstandings..

Nope, That was just another opinion.
In that which case I'll stick to my own.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:39 AM
Eelco

Quote:
The Buddha never taught about heaven or hell or being born into animal realms.

I couldn't find rebirth in animal realms..
I did find As you can read in the excerpt I posted 2 posts ago that he did mention hell.
As that is a translation I assume the original will mean something like less than desirable realms of rebirth.

With Love