Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 22-07-2020, 04:36 AM
Newbie ;)

Her books are always at any Barnes and Noble bookshop. Some people who use her books like one woman said on Youtube that since Doreen came out and said that her books are now intentionally charged to be in bad taste because of her thoughts. So this lady went on to say she use to use her books but now she doesn't because of her negative energy and negative thoughts about her own work that she created.
Old 22-07-2020, 03:31 PM
Ascender
she wasn't putting negative energy into anything
her books are always here for the less fortunate that can't go to barns and noble
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...88#post1952388

there are more here but not as many
https://www.pdfdrive.com/search?q=Do...earchi n=&em=

you can decide for yourself whats negative and whats not

https://www.youtube.com/c/DoreenVirtueForJesus/videos

https://doreenvirtue.com/2019/07/21/...avoid-and-why/
Old 22-07-2020, 08:05 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Thanks for the elaborate reply Araceli. So to you New Age means teachings that are full time on the light and positive side, ignoring the other side of spirituality and life. That's an interest view and if I would have to go with that I would agree with you that it is deceptive. However, I'd also say that the focus on positive things is by itself a worthwhile pursuit, and focussing too much on the dark side of things, or that life and creation itself are at fault, like in Gnosticism, can't be too helpful either, IMO..

Just be aware that your beliefs could be put in a 'New Age' camp as well by some religious fundamentalists. This is why the New Age label is rather silly if you ask me, as it can be used to describe almost any spiritual belief in a western context that isn't ''Christian'', ''Muslim'', or ''Jewish''. These religions have their leaders, a central book, and because of this they are structured and orderly. This means they have an innate characteristic to place structure on things... even to things that are rather complex and hard to define..

Fuddle befuddled.. people pick and choose their beliefs. It's impossible not to for any free thinking and freely exploring soul. We can find truths and things we like across different cultures and religions. This is complexity in action, this is what a lot of humans do, if they have the freedom to explore and the freedom to be humans. I myself love some aspects of eastern religion.. such as the emphasis on vegetarianism, and I practice yoga. I don't feel drawn to their deities though, but I love the Greek gods and goddesses. I do what I feel drawn towards and I recommend everyone else to do the same. This means I do not follow one 'sect', 'religion' or 'path'. I'm a free bird and freedom is essential to my well being, and I consider it a core characteristic of ''being human''...

Many of us people who take inspiration from different cultures at the same time could be labelled as 'New Age', yet many of us can also be quite different from one another.. so this label is just used in wrong ways by religious fundamentalists, mostly, and it becomes pointless, xenophobic, and intellectually lazy on their part. I can tell you are not, but I hope we can all see that the label is often used that way.

Hi Altair, sorry for my extremely late reply

I once asked a bunch of gnostics who they believe the demiurge is. The answer I got changed my view ever since. The demiurge isn't a being or entity, it's all the bad things as a collective we tend to think about ourselves or do or behave towards others... it's kinda like the illusion of Maya, which as a Hindu belief is also rather gnostic.

And so that's what I believe Focusing on positivity of course isn't a bad thing at all. But I do have an example to share, one that's not so uncommon. I made a friend at the beginning of this year online, she posted lots of positive things, but as I got to know her she was extremely repressed and had severe unaddressed mental health problems. She was, essentially, two faced. I started to resent her posts, knowing they weren't real. They were just her projecting onto others trying to make herself feel better from her terrible state of affairs behind the screen. I also started to resent her being that she was so toxic. I left that friendship.

As I said this isn't uncommon, it happens a lot online at least, and I'm certain it happens a lot in real life except for the fact we don't get to see who's behind the 'screen' most the time.

That to me is the demiurge, the problems we ignore and choose not to face. You can only create real positivity by facing your shadows, and actively working on them. Ignoring and pretending bad stuff isn't real is to me the ultimate 'sin' at least in the context of this discussion. For the gnostic after all knowledge is liberation. We need the knowledge of our shadows and the knowledge of how to transform our shadows to find our way to salvation, and that salvation we can only do ourselves, though others can help guide us there.