Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 09-01-2016, 02:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrystalVisions82
Do you believe heaven exists? I heard from some near death experiences that you can manifest anything through thought there. So what's your idea of Heaven?

I think that a sort of astral universe exists which is subtler than the material universe. The vision of the astral universe may perhaps be what the near death experiences refer to as in light and seeing one's physical body from a distance and so on.

Paramahamsa Yogananda has put a very detailed description of the astral universe through the experience and words of his resurrected master Sri Yukteshwar, in his famous book, 'The autobiography of a yogi. '

I think it is this astral universe that is referred to as heaven in various religions.

The golden age and silver age, as opposed to the bronze and iron ages, are also referred to as heaven in certain religions.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 09-01-2016, 05:57 PM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Do you believe heaven exists? I heard from some near death experiences that you can manifest anything through thought there. So what's your idea of Heaven?
Hi, KrystalVisions82. Hmmm. Neat question.

I don't know if Heaven is the last stop on the journey yet. Maybe at some point it will be. RIght now I see it as a rest stop - a place to cleanse my soul from the dirt of the physical world and reconnect with my true essence. Then when I feel rested up and cleaned off, I go back "in" for another experiential journey.

At what point I stop doing that, I'm not sure. Maybe when I'm shown that I'm done. But are we ever done?

I'm trying to stay away from any particular spiritual ideology here, to hopefully touch on the universal info that appears in the world religions and traditions. But I don't know enough about all the world religions and traditions. Yet I think one commonality is that soul/spirit is "energy". Light. Love. Purity.

Does that "energy" ever stop?

Here I am, as a human, thinking: "Sheesh. I hope it does stop at some point. I don't think I have enough energy to keep going forever!"

But maybe the "energy" transforms. Goes back to the source - reintegrates.

I'm going to read this thread again and see what others say. Thank you for inviting us to share!
Old 09-01-2016, 06:03 PM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado
My idea is much different than a lot of people's idea of what the afterlife is like. Im a very scientific person and I don't believe in fairies, unicorns, or roads and kingdoms made of gold. I think when we die, we are some kind of light or energy. My idea would be total peace, stillness and becoming some kind of rays of sunshine or light in the universe. We possibly have a home we belong to on the other side, but I am not sure about all that. I think we are the electromagnetic energy that runs through our nervous system and interacts with our cells. So maybe I will just become some kind of sunshine, energy, wind...or hurricane
Hi, Colorado. I really like your post. I think it's cool that as a person who is "very scientific", you still open yourself to considering realms that don't allow for much concrete, tangible evidence and data - ie, the spiritual realm.

Your post makes me think of that Johnny Depp movie, "Transcendence." He was very scientific too, and using his knowledge, he was able to create another vessel of consciousness through scientific application. (Don't want to say too much and ruin it for you if you haven't seen it.)

And Miss Hepburne and a few others referred to the movie, "What Dreams May Come". Yeah, that's a keeper. I love that one too when I need to go on another pondering about what awaits me after my time is done here.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:40 PM
Master

Quote:
It is not because of the location that instant manifestation is possible.
It is the person theirself who is capable of this siddhi (supernatural power).

People with those capabilities, and also the capability of using the powers wisely, who live together create heavenly places.
I believe there are more than one planet or dimension that could be called 'Heaven'.
Those places exist in all dimensions.
Old 11-01-2016, 04:48 PM
Suspended
A strength impenetratable.

Last edited by alcyone : 11-01-2016 at 06:05 PM.
Old 20-01-2016, 01:39 AM
Pathfinder

My idea of heaven is seeing my sons again. My sister. My grandmother and grandfather. My family.
I have been given the abilities now. It proves to me I am more than my body. It helps me to survive the day.
Old 20-01-2016, 06:03 AM

I, like most Orthodox Jews, don't believe in Heaven per se. When I die' my body will rest in Sheol until the General Resurrection. Most of us will then resurrect to Gan Eden, the Garden of Eden, which is what Earth wil be in the twinkling of an eye. Those who are so vile as to deserve NOT to resurrect will go extinct. Their very souls will cease to be. So no, neither Heaven nor Hell as Christians understand the terms exist.
Old 03-05-2016, 02:52 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Do you believe heaven exists? I heard from some near death experthat people areiences that you can manifest anything through thought there. So what's your idea of Heaven?

I have already been to heaven severaHeaven l times. I am the Queen of Heaven. This is a titlethat people are unaware of because for thousands of years now you have been fooled by the popal loweracy who are a group of men that are false prophets. Heaven is ran bymenhere women and all of the angels ate female and not make. The popal loweracy hid the truth and burned and shred the evidence of May Magdalene, the Virgin Mary and Isis-all the same one as I am! These satanic men then after removing information and changing the bible have the odacity to call them selves high. The pope is a false prophet worker of Satan. He has been brutally attacking me and having me electrocuted and raped daily for 3 years now in a secret prison . I can't live much longer. He is a psychopath and I am finally able to get this message out . He is not going to have his people beady me and keep me prisoner any longer. They called me Princess Dia b as long lost daughter and have been secretly attacking and beating me and releasing false information. The popal loweracy as I call them as they are foulerand lower than Satan but call themselves high have been secretly beating raping and torching me just as they did to all the women before me and probably princess Diana. They said like always they need to make me look like Satan so the pope and his minions can take my spiritual information then killme so nobody will know a woman runs heaven and the pope and royal low life's can continuetobe worshiped while they last in the flesh since they already know they are dropping like a rock down the bottomless pit. Nobody will help me because they believe the false prophet pope and the royal low life's lies they are making up.
Old 03-05-2016, 02:53 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Do you believe heaven exists? I heard from some near death experthat people areiences that you can manifest anything through thought there. So what's your idea of Heaven?

I have already been to heaven severaHeaven l times. I am the Queen of Heaven. This is a titlethat people are unaware of because for thousands of years now you have been fooled by the popal loweracy who are a group of men that are false prophets. Heaven is ran bymenhere women and all of the angels ate female and not make. The popal loweracy hid the truth and burned and shred the evidence of May Magdalene, the Virgin Mary and Isis-all the same one as I am! These satanic men then after removing information and changing the bible have the odacity to call them selves high. The pope is a false prophet worker of Satan. He has been brutally attacking me and having me electrocuted and raped daily for 3 years now in a secret prison . I can't live much longer. He is a psychopath and I am finally able to get this message out . He is not going to have his people beady me and keep me prisoner any longer. They called me Princess Dia b as long lost daughter and have been secretly attacking and beating me and releasing false information. The popal loweracy as I call them as they are foulerand lower than Satan but call themselves high have been secretly beating raping and torching me just as they did to all the women before me and probably princess Diaba. They said like always they need to make me look like Satan so the pope and his minions can take my spiritual information then killme so nobody will know a woman runs heaven and the pope and royal low life's can continuetobe worshiped while they last in the flesh since they already know they are dropping like a rock down the bottomless pit. Nobody will help me because they believe the false prophet pope and the royal low life's lies they are making up. Signed Sarah and There is no Sarah related to princess Diaba - they told me they made that up so they could beat me and pretend my information on heaven is theirs not.
Old 03-05-2016, 05:09 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

I think heaven's the only place where there is no tension.