Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 05-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Knower
Question About Hell

Here's something I've been thinking a lot about. We know hell as being the domain of Satan or so we've been taught, right? We know hell as the place where sinners are sent for punishment, right?

Here's what's getting me; Satan's objective is to keep us from God so he has to lead us to something that gives us comfort in order to do so, right? So if he rules over hell, wouldn't those in hell be made comfortable rather than being punished?

So my point is this, shouldn't hell actually be a domain of God rather than Satan, for that purpose instead of heaven?

Want to add further, does the bible say anything about hell actually being the place of Satan?
Old 05-09-2012, 06:01 PM
Administrator

Well i dont see it as Heaven and Hell as ppl talk about, the spiritworld has many layers.those who have done wrong go to the lower levels until they are aware of what they have done,and the show some understanding of what they did. they do not go to the same level as their victims.
they go to a different level.so their victims wont see them again. i dont believe in heaven and hell.to me heaven is whereever you want it to be where ever you are happy ,and for some life itself is hell.others will have different views on this,

Namaste
Old 05-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Knower
One mans hell is another mans heaven. The suffering of the lower realms normally is the loneliness and being surrounded by entities that lack the empathy to care for one each other -in fact, there is probably more to it than this.

BUT, all I can truly say is that being good and treating people with respect will save you from the confusion and chaos of the lesser. You can suffer greatly down there and that is no lie
Old 05-09-2012, 06:34 PM
Animus27

In the Bible, the idea of Hell and the Devil are very contradictory.

In the Hebrew Bible there is not much of an afterlife at all. Everyone goes down to the shadowy Sheol, where it's not that awesome at all. It wasn't until later that ideas of resurrection began to be developed among postexilic Jews.

The New Testament emphasizes bodily resurrection at the end of time, rather than a separate place called heaven where we go after death.

In the NT hell isn't Satan's abode, it's where he's going to be thrown at the end of time, along with the Antichrist and False Prophet (per book of Revelation). Satan is upon the earth itself, working in the hearts of people - which is more fitting than poetic, non-Biblical ideas of him ruling in hell as a kind of anathematic god. In the Bible he has no power in and of himself. Merely through the weakness of humanity; satan, in the Bible (in the original Hebrew & Greek) isn't capitalized. It's a word used to refer to anything opposing God. That puts the whole verse with Jesus calling Peter satan into a more sensible light.

/ramble
Old 05-09-2012, 09:26 PM
Guide
Hell isn't a place so much that it is an idea. It is in the hearts and minds of the people who believe they deserve punishment for sins committed. Once forgiveness is accepted (forgiveness of self), the idea of hell ceases to exist.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:33 AM
Pinkroses

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal coil
Hell isn't a place so much that it is an idea.

I've always found it hard to believe in Hell as an actual place that someone goes to for punishment. I do think that those who commit crimes create a personal Hell for themselves and suffer as a result. An outside source is not causing their punishment; it is coming directly from the offender.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:36 AM
Master
Whatever the bible say's about hell I wouldn't take it literally, there's no hell, its just a fear implant.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:32 AM
Toolite

[quote=Swingdance]the thing to know is ones true nature. Satan isnt about love or life he is the master deciever and desires ur soul. Satan has his domain for his children that he has instructed while on earth. Satan doesnt know love and compassion thats
Old 06-09-2012, 01:37 AM
Toolite

Silly to satan but he knows torment and cant wait to torment u.
All The Glory Belongs To God Forever
Old 06-09-2012, 02:56 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeinMich
I've always found it hard to believe in Hell as an actual place that someone goes to for punishment. I do think that those who commit crimes create a personal Hell for themselves and suffer as a result. An outside source is not causing their punishment; it is coming directly from the offender.

Precisely.

We create our own realities. Even so much that we think we're in a place of eternal damnation, when in fact this place is entirely of our own making.

Unfortunately, if you convince enough people to put their belief behind an idea, the power it accrues, transforms it into something else entirely. Then you've shaped an entire paradigm.