Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 23-10-2010, 06:48 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
Sorry to burden you all, and my apologise for being insensitive and venting here when there are people mourning. I will remind myself in the future to be more careful with my emotional outbursts. Thanks everyone for your compassion and advice :)

Sometimes when we are at our lowest, it is being given the opportunity to show our love that lifts us up. Dont think of your need to speak as a burden....it is a gift to others when you trust them and open yourself up.
Old 23-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Master
I think we go to spiritworld
Old 23-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Master
Heaven is a religious concept.All that we really have are different dimensions. You obviously create your own heaven and hell according to your perceptions and duality, however everything really is one.
Old 23-10-2010, 09:07 PM
cheeky_monkey

Thank you so much everyone for your comments. Mystical one I so appreciate your loving compassionate post. You are so kind and I hope what you say is true as it sounds lovely.

Thanks Heather. I really appreciate your support and kind compliments.

Rosewater I think that too, but what it's like I don't know. I won't air all my thoughts as I don't want to offend anyone on the subject of the afterlife. Thank you for posting.

Oneness that sounds like something I once thought but based on what I've been shown, I'm not so sure. You may be right but then I fear for suicide victims and murdered victims who are obviously in a bad state of mind when they cross over. Thanks for posting.
Old 23-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Enya

Quote:
You may be right but then I fear for suicide victims and murdered victims who are obviously in a bad state of mind when they cross over. Thanks for posting.

Suicide victims are given healing and support to help them understand their choice and what they can do about the consequences.
Murder victims are given healing and support to help them release the trauma.
In other words, it's not what you did or didn't do... it's what's in your heart and soul that counts.
Old 23-10-2010, 09:27 PM
cheeky_monkey

I see. I hope you're right. That would sound fair.
Old 23-10-2010, 10:04 PM
mike bike

Heaven.

Heaven and Hell are states of mind...we can live in Heaven or Hell according to our thoughts.

Heaven is not a place we "go to" after death...it's here in this present life if we only realise it.

"Heaven " is (I think) a corruption of a very ancient Hebrew word meaning "Harmony"... "Hell" means "To be shut off from".

Thus it could place a new meaning to the Lord's Prayer.."Our Father Who art in Harmony"...we could all be in harmony with the beauty of life if we so wish.

"He who believes in me will find eternal life"....notice...NOT "be given",but will find...it's there for everyone....we all live on for eternity.

I believe in reincarnation...life after life until we no longer have to be reborn to learn further lessons...and then?....I don't know....there are three references to reincarnation in the Bible.

When Jesus said he was "The Son of God",he didn't mean "The only son"....any of us could truthfully say we are a child of God...this myth about him being the only son of God and of us being sent to hellfire was started by the churches to enslave people.

And it worked for centuries,but now,freedom from this silly teaching is coming.

Think about it....and read "The Sermon on the Mount"in the New Testament...that is maybe the most beautiful teaching ever.

I am also a Pagan...but the teachings of Jesus are beautiful....and I do not believe in any sort of "Spirit World"...I've seen too many fake mediums.

Blessings.......... Mike

Last edited by mike bike : 23-10-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Old 24-10-2010, 07:44 AM
Greenslade

Hi Cheeky,

You're very welcome, I'm a sucker for a lost cause lol. So who said it was trivial in comparison? An Ascended Master or God? These kinds of issues aren't trivial in the least, not when they're the biggest issue in your Life. These things have a way of giving you such a battering that you never recover from. I would suggest that the person that said that isn't so Enlightened as they may think they are.

Tell you what, it's a little off-topic but while we're here...... I used to be in 'the business', so if you need any hints and tips employment-ways drop me a PM.

You are only a victim if you choose to be, perhaps Life has thrown you a curved ball but you can - consciously - make a difference about how it affects you. You can choose to wallow in it (sorry for being blunt here) or you can use it to make a huge difference in your Life. There is always a choice, sometimes it's between a rock and a very hard place but there is still a choice. What you make of that choice then defines who and what you are.

How you move on from here, Cheeky, is very important. Your next step is going to decide what Path you're on, you have the choice as to how that Path will play itself out. Are you going to be a victim or are you going to choose not to be? All it takes is the concious choice to empower yourself and let the Universe do the rest. I would think that your self esteem is about on the floor by what you say - if you don't mind me saying. You can change that - but only if you believe you can. Everything that happens to us is an opportunity to show the Universe what we're made of. If you - even out of sheer cussedness - rant back at the Universe and tell it you're not going down, the Universe will smile back at you because it understands better than you do. You can gain strength from this or you can gain more to call yourself 'victim'. Heaven or Hell, AfterLife or not - you're not there yet but what you are is right here, right now. The question is, when you get 'there' (wherever 'there is') who are you going to be? Only you can make that choice.
Old 25-10-2010, 07:30 AM
Knower
Quote:
: I worry because I haven't been the nicest person, where I and my family will go.

Then you can try and put that behind and just start being a kinder person. No ones prefect all we can do is try and do our best while we're here.
Old 25-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
Suicide victims are given healing and support to help them understand their choice and what they can do about the consequences.
Murder victims are given healing and support to help them release the trauma.
In other words, it's not what you did or didn't do... it's what's in your heart and soul that counts.

Just an additional question, what will we do with those that commit morder or worse?
Are we ready to forgive and heal too?