Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 25-03-2011, 01:09 AM
Deactivated Account
Just wanted to add that I do genuinely feel for anyone who feels suicidal, it's not a good place to be.

Spiritual Inspiration

The forum for seekers everywhere...
Old 25-03-2011, 10:15 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVirgoxoxo
I believe if there was no suffering in the world, there would be no compassion. And anyone can come here and tell me how wrong that statement is and how stupidly Christian it is but I don't care because I believe it. If our lives were perfect, what would be the point of living? Life is all up the ups and downs, and it sure isn't fun when it's all ups.

Hmm. If there was no pain, there was no compassion, true. But I don't think compassion is in any way inherently necesseary for happiness. If someone is suffering, we need to have compassion, if not, we can just be happy together.

If our lives were void of suffering (perfect is too vague of a term for me), we would be incredibly happy, which in itself is reason for existence. When you've had a time like that in your life, did you feel like "oh well, this is too happy and boring, I think I'll go and hurt myself for the fun of it"? I didn't, I just sincerely wished it would never end. When we say peace and happiness, it doesn't mean boring dullness. It means the lack of the negative, with the positive and active still in place.

That's the way I look at it.
Old 25-03-2011, 10:45 PM
Windchime159

your higher self is what picked this place for your being, its like dharma

you have to live out your life so life can mold your soul in the way it needs to be, you choose this place for a reason and you need to live it out for whatever reason you have decided

if you dont your just gonna have to re-live it all anyway, so the only real bad thing about it is wasting your time...
Old 25-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
right right. "suffering is good for the soul". i'm not Catholic anymore so i no longer find martyrdom appealing.

lol

on the topic, i think suicide is a result of extreme hopelessness/suffering. Some people are saying the soul is forced to come back (this raises the question of free will) while others say that the soul can stay in the spiritworld. If it's all love and light up there, shouldn't they have the compassion to understand that it's too much for the soul to endure?
Old 26-03-2011, 10:19 AM
7he4uthor

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy
Just wanted to add that I do genuinely feel for anyone who feels suicidal, it's not a good place to be.
it is hell ... and a hellish struggle to get out of, recomend realizing what got you there ... this is the key if there is an escape ... nobody gets to hell on their own ...
theres always external help, the subject is targeted.

often drugs
[not always] are involved, attack from within, study mkultra, you will find answers there, the various help groups are often affiliated with the source of the problem.

i lost my brother
watched my neighbors friend end his life after extreme psychological abuse from the neighbor.

nothing more to add.
Old 26-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchfork
Hmm. If there was no pain, there was no compassion, true. But I don't think compassion is in any way inherently necesseary for happiness. If someone is suffering, we need to have compassion, if not, we can just be happy together.

If our lives were void of suffering (perfect is too vague of a term for me), we would be incredibly happy, which in itself is reason for existence. When you've had a time like that in your life, did you feel like "oh well, this is too happy and boring, I think I'll go and hurt myself for the fun of it"? I didn't, I just sincerely wished it would never end. When we say peace and happiness, it doesn't mean boring dullness. It means the lack of the negative, with the positive and active still in place.

That's the way I look at it.

The ups and downs is what makes life worth living. Without the challenges, we would be bored silly. Imagine sitting round all day like zombies...abundance of all things, no reason to lift a finger..talk about zoning out lol.
Old 26-03-2011, 12:46 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
The ups and downs is what makes life worth living. Without the challenges, we would be bored silly. Imagine sitting round all day like zombies...abundance of all things, no reason to lift a finger..talk about zoning out lol.

Challenges are not the same as extreme pain, fear and suffering. I get up and meet my friends, play games, listen to or play music for no reason at all, apart from them being pleasurable. And my happy days are most active not the other way around.

When I was younger I tended to think that both extremes of good and bad are valuable and needed, but then I did not yet know how bad it could get. I take my words back now.

To tell you the truth I just don't know what to do with this confusion, fear and depression. I make it day by day but don't know why and how long.
Old 26-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit

i would take a boring life over a painful one anyday.. sorry welcoming/encouraging suffering to me is self abuse. And people do more with their lives then sit aroun in misery all day. We live in beautiful world, beaches, clubs etc. i can' speak for anyone else but the good things in life make life worth living.
Old 26-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Master
Deep Breath ...

Does a person know what its like to be raped if they haven't been raped ?
NO .. they can only form opinions from their mind or a group mentality or conditioning!
My life being' my own business' ...is mine ..and I am prepared to share a bit of my past on the topic of suicide .. since I have been there myself personally ..meaning ME.. twice in this life.

No if 's .. No but's .. No maybe's .. Factual. Its not funny .. nor an experiment ..nor a joke!

Is there a lot of pain in the person "yes"

Are they selfish "NO" And I don't think any person has the right to say that unless they have been through those levels of pain.

Don't judge what you don't understand!

Why am I still here .. because both times a miracle occurred.. not from earth .. will I ever do it again NO.

That's all I wish to share .

Try to send light to the people hurting ..not opinions.
Old 26-03-2011, 04:13 PM
Master
^ agreed you can't judge someone unless you've been in their position and that's a very difficult place to be in. The only thing that's selfish is expecting someone to live while they are clearly dealing with more then they can endure just so you don't have to deal with their loss. It's a personal choice.

that being said i am glad you are still here :)