Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 05-04-2011, 11:31 AM
midnightstar

Reincarnation

Can we choose what we come back as? I know what I'd like to come back as if possible ......... a cat
Old 05-04-2011, 12:54 PM
CJ82Sky

i believe we can but that it is tied into lessons we need to learn. i have distinct memories of being a wolf as well as a horse. as a child i could "feel" my ears moving in the direction i was listening and always knew the exact footfalls of the gaits of horses without ever having learned them (and no i did not grow up on a farm i grew up in suburbia).

also remember while coming back as a cat may sound great, there are many many variations. i'd love to be one of my cats - hang around the house, stroll outside on the farm, bask in the sun, eat whenever i want, and always have a good belly rub and someone to cuddle with. but life of strays is much harder, as is life of feral cats, and don't forget all the unwanted ones in shelters.

every incarnation is tied to a plan for learning and growth on our spiritual path, and yes you absolutely have a say in it. i like to think of it as spirit college haha where you select your classes and major each year (or erm life! lol!)
Old 05-04-2011, 12:57 PM
midnightstar

I know about stray cats and ones in rescue, used to volunteer at a local rescue before I moved away. The rescue I volunteered at was only a small one but they would only pts any of the cats on the vets advice :)
Old 05-04-2011, 02:06 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautydylan
Can we choose what we come back as? I know what I'd like to come back as if possible ......... a cat

As I understand it, spirit is not limited in regards to the form it takes up in which to reside. I would agree that we are on a mission to learn and grow, and that would of necessity play a role in designing the Soul Plans we choose before entering into a given lifetime, but in general we can be anything we want to, providing our souls are sufficiently elevated to occupy the body we select. Cats and dogs (animals in general!) are not "less than" humans in any way... in fact, the arguement can be made that they are far more advanced spiritually! So if one chose to live a lifetime as a cat, I can see no impediment to that person's doing so, providing their energy patterns are vibrationally equal and matched.

By the way... ever seen the movie Fluke? If not, you might want to purchase a copy and watch it. It deals with this very subject, and it is a beautifully rendered film.

The only thing that would concern me about returning as a cat
(or dog, or any other domestic animal!) would be selection of people with whom one would dwell! Some people consider companion animals nothing more than possessions, and not deserving of the same consideration, compassion and respect one would afford a human being. When choosing to enter in as a companion animal, it's wise to choose your people carefully...!
Old 05-04-2011, 02:13 PM
midnightstar

I know, some of the stories I've heard about some of the rescued cats I worked with would horrify most people (apart from the bleeps who did it)
Old 05-04-2011, 04:32 PM
CJ82Sky

beautydylan - i hear you. i have always been involved in animal rescue in one way or another, and most specifically in horses, and some of the things ive seen are... well.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:35 PM
CJ82Sky

beautifully said lightfilledheart. ive never heard of the movie - sounds interesting! i'll have to check it out - thanks for the reco.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:05 AM
starfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautydylan

the seat of consciousness of the human is on the plane of intellect

with most animals it is still on the plane of instinctive consciousness

the higher animals merging onto the plane of intellect

although the human lives mostly on the plane of intellect
there are of course urges which reach us from the instinctive consciousness
just as there are urges that reach us from the plane of consciousness higher than the intellect - the spiritual plane of consciousness.

otherwise such a forum as this wouldn't exist..

this is all generally speaking of course as there are examples of more advances souls living nearer the spiritual mind , just as there are some humans still living on a plane of consciousness nearer the animal (on the instinctive level)

with this , why you would want to live in a cat's body is beyond me.

would you like to live the rest of your life in a prison cell and be also restricted.

progress if forward not backward

the soul that is presently inhabiting a cat's body will one day advance and inhabit a more refined body in keeping with its level of unfoldment..

just as we who now inhabit human form , will advance to more refined bodies.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:04 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82Sky
beautifully said lightfilledheart. ive never heard of the movie - sounds interesting! i'll have to check it out - thanks for the reco.

You're welcome, CJ! Let me know how you like it
Old 06-04-2011, 03:07 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish
the seat of consciousness of the human is on the plane of intellect

with most animals it is still on the plane of instinctive consciousness

the higher animals merging onto the plane of intellect

although the human lives mostly on the plane of intellect
there are of course urges which reach us from the instinctive consciousness
just as there are urges that reach us from the plane of consciousness higher than the intellect - the spiritual plane of consciousness.

otherwise such a forum as this wouldn't exist..

this is all generally speaking of course as there are examples of more advances souls living nearer the spiritual mind , just as there are some humans still living on a plane of consciousness nearer the animal (on the instinctive level)

with this , why you would want to live in a cat's body is beyond me.

would you like to live the rest of your life in a prison cell and be also restricted.

progress if forward not backward

the soul that is presently inhabiting a cat's body will one day advance and inhabit a more refined body in keeping with its level of unfoldment..

just as we who now inhabit human form , will advance to more refined bodies.

You make the mistake of many cloaked in human meat-suits. Just because you cannot "speak" animal, you assume they are somehow less conscious and beneath us in spiritual development. You could not be more wrong, but far be it from me to tarnish your illusion of superiority by shedding the light of truth on it