Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 12-10-2018, 09:06 AM
Master
THE UNCONSCIOUS MIND.

THE UNCONSCIOUS MIND.

I've been doing a lot of reading and discussing about consciousness in order to try and heal my symptoms. It occurred to me this morning that I may be trying to apply a hammer to my unconscious mind. I might be trying to force it.
The internet is full of 'self-help' sites and advice. They all concentrate upon the consciousness, positive thinking etc. My insight is that I might be overloading my poor unconscious self and thus making myself ill that way.

They say that the self is 90% unconscious. I might be trying to force too much consciousness upon it. It makes me wonder how spiritual practice or religion affects the unconsciousness???

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
My insight is that I might be overloading my poor unconscious self and thus making myself ill that way.
I would say "mental overload" is the modern illness problem for society in general. One can see it in the way many people approach spirituality: all thinking and intellect and conceptualizing, and no practical action and self-development work. It really is this simple: a very real walk in the woods and observing nature, is much more healing than abstract theorizing online about how to manifest (fill in the blank) in one's life.

You relate to Jesus. Feel the love that Jesus spoke of. Share that love with the world. That's all you need to do, that's healing. Past that, don't spend mental energy trying to figure out all the abstract ideas people discuss when they talk about Jesus and so forth. The mental aspect is not healing, and too much of it creates illness.
Old 12-10-2018, 05:04 PM
Master
Quote:
THE UNCONSCIOUS MIND.

I've been doing a lot of reading and discussing about consciousness in order to try and heal my symptoms. It occurred to me this morning that I may be trying to apply a hammer to my unconscious mind. I might be trying to force it.
The internet is full of 'self-help' sites and advice. They all concentrate upon the consciousness, positive thinking etc. My insight is that I might be overloading my poor unconscious self and thus making myself ill that way.

They say that the self is 90% unconscious. I might be trying to force too much consciousness upon it. It makes me wonder how spiritual practice or religion affects the unconsciousness???

Leave the 'Unconscious ' unconscious, concentrate on the ' Now ' and like Baile recommended, spend sometime amongst nature, go and hug a tree or take a walk in the wind, it blows the cobwebs away....
Old 13-10-2018, 10:11 AM
Master
The unconscious mind is rather unusual and interesting. I think my unconscious mind has picked up on my discontent with I AM and it has now made an issue of it.

In the sense that I am continually bombarded with accusations, queries and anger about I AM. Freudian psychology would make some sense of this situation. I may have suppressed my ego with all my worries about I AM.

It is a curious situation I have got myself into.

Old 13-10-2018, 11:09 AM
Master
I actually clicked on your thread again because I wanted to acknowledge your first post. That's a brave thing to say, that working with "mind concepts" can cause illness. I was with a Christian cult for many years. I woke up one day, literally from one moment to the next, suddenly realizing that all that belief-intellectualizing was causing serious illness in me. It's a very real thing. Good for you to see that, that's the first step to healing.
Quote:
In the sense that I am continually bombarded with accusations, queries and anger about I AM.
That's projection. You have started 400+ threads, posting your very vocal opinions on many subjects. You constantly attack and put down I AM followers, and new-age and Hindu philosophies. People online respond to others who loudly vocalize their critical opinions, that's the nature of social media. You are not a victim here, you are a willing participant who often starts it all off.

I don't post on many of your threads. It's only when you accuse new age and Hindu philosophy as being some sort of problem, is when I step in to "nudge" and correct you. A philosophy is never the problem; the problem is with institutions, and specific individuals who follow the philosophy, and what they do with it.
Old 13-10-2018, 11:37 AM
Master
It just occurred to me that I may have misinterpreted your comment, I am continually bombarded... If you mean your mind is being bombarded with these thoughts, directed against you, then I apologize for misunderstanding.

That said, I will point out that you are the creator of those thoughts, if you don't understand that already. They do not just happen; they don't come from outside you. You create them. And you can learn to control and transform them.
Old 13-10-2018, 11:55 AM
Master
Quote:
The unconscious mind is rather unusual and interesting. I think my unconscious mind has picked up on my discontent with I AM and it has now made an issue of it.

In the sense that I am continually bombarded with accusations, queries and anger about I AM. Freudian psychology would make some sense of this situation. I may have suppressed my ego with all my worries about I AM.

You can get out of your curious situation if you choose to.

" When this is, that comes to be; with the arising of this, that arises. When this is not, that does not come to be; with the cessation of this, that ceases "
Old 13-10-2018, 01:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
It just occurred to me that I may have misinterpreted your comment, I am continually bombarded... If you mean your mind is being bombarded with these thoughts, directed against you, then I apologize for misunderstanding.

Yes that was my meaning.

Old 13-10-2018, 01:22 PM
Master
The 'bombardment' comes from my unconscious mind into my conscious mind. I know I can change this. It is however a slow and delicate process.

Old 13-10-2018, 04:28 PM
Master
Quote:

Why are you discontented about the beliefs of others?

Btw, it wasn't Freud who invented/discovered the unconscious mind.