Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 18-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Heimlich

reincarnation for Christians...?

this site says yes
americanchristiansociety.com/beliefs/reincarnation
Old 18-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimlich
this site says yes
americanchristiansociety.com/beliefs/reincarnation

There is another interesting site, from which I quote this (on the question: Did Jesus teach reincarnation?)

Let us begin by looking at the historical facts. Anyone who cares to dig into the historical records of the early church will see that between the third and the fifth century, the Roman Catholic church issued a number of documents that effectively banned the idea of reincarnation as heresy. This knowledge is available for anyone who cares to do a bit of research. In fact, some theologians are aware that the edict to ban reincarnation as heresy did not receive papal approval. Therefore, some argue that this edict is not official church doctrine. However, I do not desire to go into these arguments about the politicking of the church.

The fact that the church made a determined effort to ban reincarnation as heresy demonstrates that the concept of reincarnation was part of early Christianity. This is simply a historical fact which no one, at least no one who is willing to face reality, can deny.

If reincarnation was indeed part of early Christianity, then how could this idea possibly have been brought into the Christian faith? Is it possible that the idea was part of early Christianity because it was introduced by the very person who founded Christianity, namely myself?

Before I answer this question, let us consider why there is such opposition to the idea of reincarnation. As was the case with the idea of me being the only son of God, there is an inner and outer reason.

Read more here:
http://www.askrealjesus.com/askrealjesus/jesusanswers/byjesus/Teachreincarn.html
Old 18-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Love that site Perry!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-01-2011, 12:49 AM
nalan

Hello,
I, too, have questioned if there is a way to reconcile Christianity with reincarnation because I believe I've had many past lives.

That said, Perry J, may I ask why you believe yourself to be Jesus reincarnated? I am not challenging you; I just want to understand.

Part of reincarnation is that we are everyone, at least that's what a huge part of me believes.

Please forgive me; I am not trying to be rude.
Old 25-01-2011, 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalan
Hello,
I, too, have questioned if there is a way to reconcile Christianity with reincarnation because I believe I've had many past lives.
That said, Perry J, may I ask why you believe yourself to be Jesus reincarnated? I am not challenging you; I just want to understand.
Part of reincarnation is that we are everyone, at least that's what a huge part of me believes.
Are you sweet or what?
Welcome here, nalan.
Miss Hepburn

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-01-2011, 05:53 PM
Heimlich

Quote:
Hello,

we were all created from a piece of God - only life can create life.
Old 25-01-2011, 10:14 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Hello,

Hello nalan,
And may I ask you what has led you into that conclusion? What I write above is a quote, and I also link to the site where it comes from. That said, I recommend you to have a look at it, with an open mind...
Old 25-01-2011, 10:43 PM
nalan

Hello and thank you for your kind and thoughtful responses.

Miss Hepburn,
Aww, *blushes* Thanks.

Quote:
13 “For all the prophets and the Law prophesied until John.
14 “And if you are willing to accept it, John himself is aElijah who 1was to come.

So basically what the bible says is for those who have an open mind, of course we have reincarnation in the bible. Christianity at high levels is buddhism.

I read that as well, though admittedly, my bible knowledge is limited and I've only begun this research/discovery journey. The concept that Christianity is buddhism is extremely intriguing, and it sends bells ringing all over the place. I must research this more.

Another part, maybe the bible?, that I remember is John the Baptist touched Mary's pregnant belly, and he felt Jesus celebrate. That may just be fiction, but if it isn't, then it's further proof of reincarnation.

Did the Catholic church eliminate reincarnation for monetary reasons? As in prior to Luther's 99 Thesis on the door?

Heimlich, I agree. Are we all God then? Or are we like pieces of a rainbow, the rainbow being God? (That's an image I've had with me to explain existence ever since I can remember.)

Quote:
And may I ask you what has led you into that conclusion? What I write above is a quote, and I also link to the site where it comes from. That said, I recommend you to have a look at it, with an open mind...

Somehow I missed the link, so I will return to this post and edit it.

EDIT: Oh, wow. Not only did I miss the link, but I missed the part where you said you were quoting. Wow, do I feel stupid. Thank you for your patience with me.
Old 25-01-2011, 11:00 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Hello and thank you for your kind and thoughtful responses.

Miss Hepburn,
Aww, *blushes* Thanks.

I read that as well, though admittedly, my bible knowledge is limited and I've only begun this research/discovery journey. The concept that Christianity is buddhism is extremely intriguing, and it sends bells ringing all over the place. I must research this more.

Another part, maybe the bible?, that I remember is John the Baptist touched Mary's pregnant belly, and he felt Jesus celebrate. That may just be fiction, but if it isn't, then it's further proof of reincarnation.

Did the Catholic church eliminate reincarnation for monetary reasons? As in prior to Luther's 99 Thesis on the door?

Heimlich, I agree. Are we all God then? Or are we like pieces of a rainbow, the rainbow being God? (That's an image I've had with me to explain existence ever since I can remember.)

Somehow I missed the link, so I will return to this post and edit it.

EDIT: Oh, wow. Not only did I miss the link, but I missed the part where you said you were quoting. Wow, do I feel stupid. Thank you for your patience with me.

Hehe.. no problems, nalan! Check this site out! There is much to read here about the Catholic Church, the Bible, Jesus, Buddha...(it's a search engine in there that's useful...)
Old 25-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Gauss

Yes, it is in the bible:

Matthew 11:13–14

13 “For all the prophets and the Law prophesied until John.
14 “And if you are willing to accept it, John himself is aElijah who 1was to come.

So basically what the bible says is for those who have an open mind, of course we have reincarnation in the bible. Christianity at high levels is buddhism.

Who is Elijah today?

In my opinion who the Bible refers to is Li(hence the "Li" in Elijah) Hongzhi, the founder of Falun Dafa. He is the only person worldwide who has introduced a fast growing, free of charge, international, unique, spiritual practice during these end times.

YOu may be interested in reading the book link in my signature below. Also this video might interest you:

http://vimeo.com/17984410