Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Shabda: ...i do have my own experience that might a bit, and that is that the "Incessant Sound" Itself literally ARE teachings, not JUST sounds that can be heard by the inner ear...

... it is my understanding and assertion that this is literally the "Voice" of God communicating directly to my consciousness, so in this way one may hear the "Incessant Sound" or the "Unstruck Melody", and at the same time be "hearing" the teachings directly from their Source, rather than from an outward or inward Teacher or Master...

in any case i have had the experience of hearing the Sound from beyond the mind and receiving teachings through that Sound.

i find from that same original site a passage from the Bible, in which the explanation given at the site says that it is God who teaches via the Sound, which was the point i was trying to make above...

Hi Shabda
I don't get much into the theology of the Inner Sound Current as that's not my path and style, but I can relate to what you say about any teachings directly from source are expressed as the pure Sound, both verbal and non-verbal. Is that your meaning?

For me the inner sounds are non-conceptual vibrational patterns which align and transform my energies, and imbed subtle understandings in my deeper mind.

As I mentioned in the above post, for me it's just about listening with full attention, and enjoying the subtle feelings and ongoing effortless transformation.

Xan
yes that is what i meant, but what i speak of is also beyond simply listening, because the Sound resonates throughout one's very being, and one realizes that they ARE the Sound literally, and perception on that sphere can impart knowingness beyond the mind's faculties, a direct knowing and understanding...may not be everyone's bag, but it' done wonders for me...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 10-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Master
Yes... There are other steps past simply listening... feeling, then recognizing the vibrations as 'me'.

Xa
n

Old 22-09-2011, 02:56 PM
Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
THE INNER SOUND CURRENT

“The knower of the mystery of the Sound knows the mystery of the whole Universe.”

- Hazrat Inayat Khan

Sound is the most primal expression of energy in all forms and in all dimensions.

The universe consists of energy waves or currents or vibrations which we may perceive as sound frequencies. These move from the highest spiritual creative planes, to the lower mental planes, down to the densest material planes.

Just as sound vibrations descend in creation and manifestation of the lower worlds, we may also follow them upward into the higher spiritual dimensions of consciousness.

In spiritual practices - called Shabda or Nada-Yoga or Listening to the Inner Sound Current - one focuses their attention on these non-physical sounds which have spiritually transforming power. Our disturbed and distorted human energies and perceptions gradually become harmonized, aligned and balanced and our consciousness expands.

These non-physical sounds sometimes occur spontaneously during early stages of out-of-body experiences, along with feeling vibrations or seeing light visions. In addition one may listen to the sounds as a meditation practice.

Hearing non-physical sounds is related to the Third Eye, which can see non-physical light and color, and has intuitive sensing beyond the reasoning mind.

Most often we begin by hearing these non-physical sounds in the right ear, so paying attention there assists us in noticing them. They may sound like ringing or buzzing tones, or sounds of nature, or bells, or violins, flutes or horns, or wind, ocean waves or thunder, or rarely the "Om". At advanced levels various sounds and ranges may be heard simultaneously.

Just relax and listen...

An excellent, clearly written book on the subject is "The Ringing Sound" by Erik Gustafson.

Xan
Wow that was deep bro. I never knew about what you said
Old 23-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Yes... There are other steps past simply listening... feeling, then recognizing the vibrations as 'me'.

Xa
n
i'd put that as "being" lol, is that what you mean??
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 24-09-2011, 02:46 AM
Master
Sure... many names for the nameless essence.

Xan

Old 24-09-2011, 02:22 PM
n2mec

The Naked Voice

http://www.thenakedvoice.com/

The Naked Voice is a methodology of communication - researched and developed by singer, voice teacher, and music educator, Chloƫ Goodchild - for the purpose of creating conscious leaders, teams, organisations, schools and communities, through the use of spoken and sung voice. The Naked Voice is your authentic sound. This unique method explores the human voice as a source of individual and collective self-discovery, linking to the most profound levels of human wisdom. Chloe and her core team, Masashi Minagawa (Shintaido: new-body-way), and Nicholas Twilley (world percussionist and poet), along with an international community of Naked Voice Facilitators are presently evolving this work for the creation of sound values for life - a copy from Chloe Goodchild website
Old 13-10-2011, 10:10 PM
Master
This primal vibration or Sound is in its nature transcendental and therefore perceived in silence.
Jesus' disciples called it the "Holy Spirit" or the "Word" (which is from the Greek word "Logos," meaning sound).
from the book of Genesis: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
Moses heard this very Sound on Mount Sinai when in communion with God.

After Shakyamuni Buddha attained enlightenment he spoke of this Sound, calling it the "drum of immortality".

Krishna equated Himself with the "sound in ether".
The flute of Krishna is symbolic of the same Sound.
Shiva heard the same Anahad Naad during his Samadhi in the Himalayas.
Mohammed perceived this Sound in the cave at Gare-Hira when He had a vision of the archangel Gabriel,
and Lao Tzu described the Tao as the "Great Tone".
The Sound of the Abstract is called 'Anhad' in the Vedas, meaning unlimited sound.
The Sufis name it Sarmad, which suggests the idea of intoxication.
(The word 'intoxication' is here used to signify upliftment, the freedom of the soul from Its earthly bondage.)

- from various sources

Old 14-10-2011, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
This primal vibration or Sound is in its nature transcendental and therefore perceived in silence.
Jesus' disciples called it the "Holy Spirit" or the "Word" (which is from the Greek word "Logos," meaning sound).
from the book of Genesis: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
Moses heard this very Sound on Mount Sinai when in communion with God.

After Shakyamuni Buddha attained enlightenment he spoke of this Sound, calling it the "drum of immortality".
Krishna equated Himself with the "sound in ether". The flute of Krishna is symbolic of the same Sound.
Shiva heard the same Anahad Naad during his Samadhi in the Himalayas.
Mohammed perceived this Sound in the cave at Gare-Hira when He had a vision of the archangel Gabriel,
and Lao Tzu described the Tao as the "Great Tone".
The Sound of the Abstract is called 'Anhad' in the Vedas, meaning unlimited sound.
The Sufis name it Sarmad, which suggests the idea of intoxication.
(The word 'intoxication' is here used to signify upliftment, the freedom of the soul from Its earthly bondage.)

- from various sources

Big smile.
Yes, and in many many places throughout the Bible it is rather hidden - sounds of rushing waters, winds, etc....Psalms thru Revelations.

Intoxication? I'll say.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 31-10-2011, 12:56 PM
chinu

Beware! ...On this inner path.

Only for one of you here...

_/\_
Chinu
Old 31-10-2011, 02:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer X
I thought it was coming from my engine but my ignition was off.

lol~

Yes.......

The Ringing Sound by Eric Gustafson is a book which those who hear it, should read it.

good one !.I thought it was the drugs (way back in the 70's) but they wore off years ago .
Closed Thread