Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 02-01-2011, 08:37 AM
chuckp

What message you get is the truth for you, what others get is the truth for them - so who are you, you or somebody else ? Trust yourself !
Old 02-01-2011, 04:23 PM
laurier14

Hi Xan and Chuck,

Thank you for your insight and advice! Xan, I appreciate your suggestions to seek a third opinion and to let go of both messages; I will do this.

Chuck, your reminder to trust oneself is timely and contains truth. It aligns with my goal to live my life actively through my choices rather than as a passive observer of events that "happen to me" because I chose not to choose or follow guidance--if this makes sense. Ultimately, we choose the path we are on through our actions or inactions.

I look forward to hearing any other thoughts or insights on the subject, as contacting my spirit guide/s is a new activity for me. And any suggestions on how to stop second-guessing oneself are welcome .

Blessings,
Laurie
Old 03-01-2011, 11:36 PM
Master
...any suggestions on how to stop second-guessing oneself are welcome

This is simply a habit of your mind, Laurie. You can stop it by doing just that... stopping.

Whenever you notice you're starting up that train of thought, just Stop... and shift into something else... another way of thinking, or perhaps a mantra, for instance.

Xan

Old 05-01-2011, 02:48 AM
Royalite

I appreciate this post, Xan. Thank you.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:02 AM
day dreamer

I have been asking for helping from angels & cannot seem to get an answer.
But I have been asking for them to send me a sign that they are with me. I more then likey have been missing the signs they have sent me. I am going to try this tonight.
Thank you Xan.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:10 AM
Master
Yes dreamer... It's good to be aware of your expectations and let them go. Then you may be surprised.

Xan

Old 06-01-2011, 03:29 PM
mistyd

hi day dreamer,

I was doing exactly the same as you, I was asking for signs and then forgetting i had asked so I had to get myself in check and to focus, its amazing how you can go through daily life without even focusing..

What happened? signs happening fairly rapidly.. I once asked for a sign to help me realise I was getting divine direction and sneakily asked for a red rose ( it was nighttime, I was at home for the night) and I opened laptop, had email with a huge red rose logo on the top, I just giggled to myself..
Old 06-01-2011, 04:03 PM
sunny shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
CONTACTING SPIRIT GUIDES & ANGELS

Everyone has benevolent guides and angels with them, whether they know it or not. There are so many benefits to becoming aware of and communicating with these high spirit beings I couldn't possibly list them all. Just know they are always supporting you, and the more consciously and directly this happens the better.

My own experience with bright spirits... angels, spiritual teachers, and deceased loved ones... over many years has been a priceless benefit for my growing, personally and especially spiritually. There are a few things I've learned that I can share:

- Becoming aware of and communicating with guides and angels is easier than most people think. There's a simple meditation
at the end of this article for starting out. Once you've established a relationship with them you may just chat any old time.

- Doubts are natural at first, because this is new and because most of the world considers it slightly nuts. With time and feeling their presence your confidence will grow. What cinched it for me in the beginning was, whenever I did what they suggested it worked out well... far better than if I'd gone my own way. Besides, when you open to the love it's very convincing.

- Communication with guides may take many forms, the most common being telepathy, or intuitive communication, in your mind. They will also give us pictures or memories or feelings or dreams or events in nature and with people or
symbols or visions or astral journeys or smells and tastes or a subtle sense or hunch... and so on, in forms that have meaning just for you. Whatever form the message takes, the feeling with it is, "This is for me."

Your relationship with your guides will be unique and will evolve as you grow.

- Trying to figure out meanings with your mind doesn't work well. Instead, just listen and feel or sense what the message is. If it's not clear you can always ask a more specific question. Or "Hey! What did you mean by that?"

- Our guides and angels are purely accepting and loving, although they may challenge or even tease us in ways that get us to let go and go further. (They do have a sense of humor.)

- We are not subservient to our guides but they consider us as equals working as a team, although their wisdom is far greater than ours. For things to work out best I always "do what I'm told".

- Communication with spirit beings should be two-way. We can ask for help with something or for questions to be answered, and then let go and allow them to give to us in their way.

- We don't need to explain everything about a situation since they already know more about it than we do. My most frequent request has always been simply, "Please help."

- Demands don't work, usually, unless they see we need some sort of confirmation. Openly asking is always good.

- As my angel said long ago, "How is none of your business." Which means, don't tell them how to help you. Keep your long range intent in mind and see how they work out with you.

- Yes, we can ask for help for someone else... letting go of how that might work out... and even If.

- Holding on to a hierarchy or definitions of which types of guides and angels do what is completely beside the point. It's our connection, communication and love that truly matter.

Meditation to Contact Your Spirit Guides
  1. Take time to make yourself comfortable, switch off the phone etc. ...
  2. Take slow, gentle breaths in through your nose and concentrating on the out breath through slightly open lips...
  3. Feel the air going deep and low into your body; feel the stale negative air and feelings releasing.....
  4. Breathe in, breathe out... Breathe in, breathe out...
  5. Place your focus and attention only on your breathing... Feel your body begin to relax... With each breath you take in, feel all the tension sift away from your body, leaving you calm and relaxed... Your thoughts drift in and out through your mind... Let them flow as your mind becomes quieter.
  6. Mentally place a silver or gold shimmering haze of energy around your whole body, letting it expand each time you exhale. Let this keep you safe you from any negative thoughts and energies.
  7. Gently let the feeling come in that you want to contact your own personal guide.
  8. Create a place you can visualize in your mind, somewhere you find peaceful and know you are safe - like an anteroom of light.
  9. Your guides can take on any shape. Think about how you feel your guide may look. In time they will take on whatever form they wish to appear to you, or no visual form at all.
  10. Have a list of questions you would to ask your guide or guides. The answers may take a few days to filter from your your higher self down to your physical being.
  11. Remember to thank them. They don't need our gratitude, but we do.
Once you have reached a beginning level with this form of contact your natural ability to connect with your guides will gradually improve.

Enjoy!

The meditation is adapted from - http://www.portraitcorner.co.uk/Articles/contact-spirit-guides.htm

blessings
Xan

Very beautiful message; i did not know why i didnt come here before. very practical message.

i just have one question Xan, there is no mention about protection. is it ok to do these types of meditation without any spiritual protection?
Old 06-01-2011, 05:00 PM
sunny shine

i just saw point 6 :-)
Old 15-01-2011, 05:13 AM
Master
bringing this up....