Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 02-02-2018, 04:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Just don't mention quantum entanglement, close proximity is scary enough.
I just can't hep it - 'cuz I ain't 'afraid', been looking to get fully entangled all my Life!

P.S. If you or anyone elsewish(es) to become 'entangled' with 'me', 'you' can begin to do so by address-referencing 'me' by my 'name' (or screenname), which are 'David' and 'davidsun'. The degree of impersonality on this supposedly 'greater' connection-with-others website, whereon people generally just 'spout' off without personally addressing and specifically relating to one another's beingnesses, is 'remarkable' to say the very least!

Old 02-02-2018, 06:13 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
Thank you Ghost Rider !

Let's see what shivatar has to say (out of curiosity only)

By the way, I really enjoy your posts. What tradition did you "grow up in", out of curiosity?

BT

Awwww thank you so much for your very kind words blossomingtree.

By way of 'tradition' I grew up as a non-practicing Christian. where the idea of a separate; judgmental; and hidden God never sat well with me. I therefore went on to enjoy the simplicity of my life by not really considering this much. Except maybe to deny the existence of God if it ever came up in conversation.

So while I have always been kind and considerate of others, I did feel at the very core of me that there was something missing. Although I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

I then went through a 'Spiritual Awakening' in 2013 after meeting someone incredibly special who helped me find 'my search for the truth'. She helped me so much while we walked along our life paths together, and I learned so much about who I am because of her. However, when she needed to follow her life path I then had a choice. To either reject her and what we learned together, or embrace her and continue on my own journey of spiritual self-discovery.

Without any hesitation I chose the latter. Where it was this separation that allowed me to become in touch with pure reality - with myself - and connect with the whole Universe. To discover my true self beyond a 'belief system'.

As I realised that if we get too embroiled with a spiritual or religious concept we then tend to get in our own way. So by recognising this it enabled me to see so clearly - without any constraints, inhibitions or restrictions. Where I feel so privileged that with me knowing who I am I now see the perfect beauty in everyone and everything. So see them as I see myself.

Not as an independant Soul within a body, but being intrinsically connected with us each being a body in the Soul of the Universe. As 'Source' - as 'God'.

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking

Last edited by Ghost_Rider_1970 : 02-02-2018 at 09:19 PM.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:47 PM
Master
What is God really , in a course of you and me
and as we wonder about this world of wonders
can we acknowledge the moment as a present
because living in the present is an act of God
i'm asking you friend , what is the reason , of this
this complexity in a simple act , an act of complitude
how can one mind in gratitude experience wholeness
when a soul touch the delight of wisdom in a simple touch
a touch wich open our hearts to the world of you and me
you can feel it in happyness , the joy is not too far fetch
our dreams are silent yet you are here in this omen , with me
with me because we are both one and the same , so is God
so who is God but the boat who carries our completness and
in a reflection of me and you , i see he , who is we ...
Old 02-02-2018, 08:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
May I say, yes, God has an impersonal aspect...He set up a brilliant System of Cause and Effect, for example, that
treats a criminal or a saint equally...they reap what they sow...the good, the bad and the ugly...sure.

But, this is how I experience God personally...this is not made up, from books or hopeful concepts or fantastic speculations
of other 1000s of yrs ago....but from direct/ up close and personal, knock your socks off experience: I will speak for myself, btw:
'He', Who has no gender, loves loves loves me so much He cannot get close enough.

Just as when I love my baby or new puppy and stay up all night watching them breathe..He is inside me breathing ME!
He is digesting my food and making my fingernails grow as I sleep.
He actually waits for me to wake up each morning to be with with me.
(Could it be because I absolutely adore Him. Dunno, ha!)

He has come to me in what I can only call Divine Visitstions...where the room's pressure changes, becoming tingling with charge, an envelope,
bubble of Grace ( feeling other worldly, supernatural)...'He' speaks in complete emotion filled sentences...yet, telepathically...
For me, androgynous, yet, leaning to the masculine...expressing profound Insights into Who He is...what He waits for,
what He needs and exactly why we exist...all Mankind.

He experiences everything...my description of Him, the Creator of All That Is...would be,
'He' is nothing if not Pure Feeeeeeeling.

Kabir laughs and says, Why do you pray so loudly when our Friend hears the anklets of a mosquitoes legs? A rough translation...lol.

Khalil Gibran speaks of God (ok...Jesus) as being with the flower and the carrot as they burrow deep in the soil for water,
at the same time reaching...stretching towards the Sun for nutrition....every bird right now flying in a flock in Russia..God is there.

I agree with both.

He is the MOST personal Being, Mind, Consciousness, Holy Spirit there is.

It is us that need to sit in stillness and know Him.
Silence is His invitation...sincerity like a turned down bed with flowers at the nightstand...
Waiting anxiously for His arrival is what He waits for...He told me...our love, acknowledgment is what He wants...but,
More than that?
He needs and craves to be known.

If anyone wants to know this Father God, Best Friend....sit in silence with that intention...remain pure in thought, word and deed...prepare...make a place for Him...
He is drawn to that love like a moth to a flame.

Thank you miss H

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 02-02-2018, 08:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Yes, use intention to 'make' a 'place' for what you wish to 'happen', but 'He' won't come if you don't at some level at least 'expect' (i.e. 'believe') that 'He' will or at least might; that is, if your 'basic' attitude and, consequently, your expectation is doubt-full.

To that end, I would also suggest imagining (however 'cartoonishly' ) him to 'show up', i.e. to respond to your 'invitation' by actually 'arriving' (not necssarily as an apparition but in Spirit, nevertheless) there at your here-space.

The following excerpt from Jonathan Livingston Seagull 'illustrates' the process:
One evening the gulls that were not night-flying stood
together on the sand, thinking. Jonathan took all his courage in
hand and walked to the Elder Gull, who, it was said, was soon
to be moving beyond this world.
“Chiang ...” he said, a little nervously.
The old seagull looked at him kindly. “Yes, my son?” Instead
of being enfeebled by age, the Elder had been empowered by
it; he could outfly any gull in the Flock, and he had learned
skills that the others were only gradually coming to know.
“Chiang, this world isn’t heaven at all, is it?”
The Elder smiled in the moonlight. “You are learning again,
Jonathan Seagull,” he said.
“Well, what happens from here? Where are we going? Is
there no such place as heaven?”
“No, Jonathan, there is no such place. Heaven is not a place,
and it is not a time. Heaven is being perfect.” He was silent for
a moment. “You are a very fast flier, aren’t you?”
“I ... I enjoy speed,” Jonathan said, taken aback but proud
that the Elder had noticed.
“You will begin to touch heaven, Jonathan, in the moment
that you touch perfect speed. And that isn’t flying a thousand
miles an hour, or a million, or flying at the speed of light.
Because any number is a limit, and perfection doesn’t have
limits. Perfect speed, my son, is being there.”
Without warning, Chiang vanished and appeared at the
water’s edge fifty feet away, all in the flicker of an instant. Then
he vanished again and stood, in the same millisecond, at
Jonathan’s shoulder. “It’s kind of fun,” he said.
Jonathan was dazzled. He forgot to ask about heaven. “How
do you do that? What does it feel like? How far can you go?”
“You can go to any place and to any time that you wish to
go,” the Elder said. “I’ve gone everywhere and everywhen I can
think of.” He looked across the sea. “It’s strange. The gulls who
scorn perfection for the sake of travel go nowhere, slowly.
Those who put aside travel for the sake of perfection go anywhere,
instantly. Remember, Jonathan, heaven isn’t a place or
a time, because place and time are so very meaningless.
Heaven is ...”
“Can you teach me to fly like that?” Jonathan Seagull
trembled to conquer another unknown.
“Of course, if you wish to learn.”
“I wish. When can we start?”
“We could start now, if you’d like.”
“I want to learn to fly like that,” Jonathan said, and a strange
light glowed in his eyes. “Tell me what to do.”
Chiang spoke slowly and watched the younger gull ever so
carefully. “To fly as fast as thought, to anywhere that is,” he
said, “you must begin by knowing that you have already
arrived ...”
In Ch.5 of my book, where I layout what I think are the fiundamental principles of psychospiritual dynamics, i.e. the dynamics of 'creation', I wrote:
The aspects of reality encompassed by attitude and intention, as I use such terms, are so multi-dimensional and interactive that they defy definitive description, especially in short order. Let me just say that, operationally, attitude psychospiritually sets the parameters into which Life may flow, and intention psychospiritually propels It towards the aimed for goal. This is not vain speculation. It is because attitude and intention are supremely consequential that those who know best and care most advise that they be concordantly combined and felicitously focused:
“Establish regular prayers at the two ends of the day and at the approaches of the night: for those things that are good.” (The Quran, xi:114.)
“Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.” (The Bible, Luke; 11:9.)
“Fix thy mind on Me, devote thyself to Me, sacrifice for Me, surrender to Me, make Me the object of thy aspirations, and thou shalt assuredly become one with Me, Who am thine own Self.” (The Bhagavad Gita, 9:34.)
What they say is true. You can become a godly (meaning 'creative') being by adopting a positive outlook and concentrating on actualizing what is most beneficial.
Awesome thank you

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 02-02-2018, 08:30 PM
Guide
Quote:
Paring away the layers of waxing Spiritual, I'm having a hard time trying to tell the difference between God and quantum physics.
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
Albert Einstein

I think this is a wonderful quote

Quote:
Welcome the Universe you yourself have created, whether that makes you God or not is your choice. In western society, if you said "I am God" they'd lock you up. If you said it in Eastern society they'd say "Yeah? And?"

OH YES! My favourite philosopher, Alan Watts, said the very same thing: "So wake up and find out eventually who you really are. In our culture, of course, they’ll say you’re crazy and you’re blasphemous, and they’ll either put you in jail or in a nut house (which is pretty much the same thing). However if you wake up in India and tell your friends and relations, ‘My goodness, I’ve just discovered that I’m God,’ they’ll laugh and say, ‘Oh, congratulations, at last you found out.”

Quote:
I watched a YouTube about a reverend who was a little disgruntled with his faith because he had the unshakeable feeling there was something more. He did a little research and found that the origins of Jesus' teachings came from ancient Egyptian Gnostic teachings and not from the Bible. Instead of it shattering his faith it strengthened it, because for him God was not 'out there' but 'in here' - God was a part of him and he was a part of God.

If you're having trouble with what you've learned about God you haven't learned enough about God.

I really do love what you have written, as your post really is one of the most beautiful I've had the pleasure of reading.

Thank you so so much, as I completely agree

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 02-02-2018, 09:11 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Rider_1970
Awwww thank you so much for your very kind words blossomingtree.

By way of 'tradition' I grew up as a non-practicing Christian. where the idea of a separate; judgmental; and hidden God never sat well with me. I therefore went on to enjoy the simplicity of my life by not really considering this much. Except maybe to deny the existence of God if it ever came up in conversation.

So while I have always been kind and considerate of others, I did feel at the very core of me that there was something missing. Although I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

I then went through a 'Spiritual Awakening' in 2013 after meeting someone incredibly special who helped me find 'my search for the truth'. She helped me so much while we walked along out life paths together, and I learned so much about who I am because of her. However, when she needed to follow her life path I then had a choice. To either reject her and what we learned together, or embrace her and continue on my own journey of spiritual self-discovery.

Without any hesitation I chose the latter. Where it was this separation that allowed me to become in touch with pure reality - with myself - and connect with the whole Universe. To discover my true self beyond a 'belief system'.

As I realised that if we get too embroiled with a spiritual or religious concept we then tend to get in our own way. So by recognising this it enabled me to see so clearly - without any constraints, inhibitions or restrictions. Where I feel so privileged that with me knowing who I am I now see the perfect beauty in everyone and everything. So see them as I see myself.

Not as an independant Soul within a body, but being intrinsically connected with us each being a body in the Soul of the Universe. As 'Source' - as 'God'.

Thank you for your telling, Ghost_Rider, it is always interesting to me to hear the paths of friends and accomplices on this journey we call life.

BT

PS Some Rumi which you might like:

Soul receives from soul that knowledge, therefore not by book

nor from tongue.

If knowledge of mysteries come after emptiness of mind, that is

illumination of heart.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension
What is God really , in a course of you and me
and as we wonder about this world of wonders
can we acknowledge the moment as a present
because living in the present is an act of God
i'm asking you friend , what is the reason , of this
this complexity in a simple act , an act of complitude
how can one mind in gratitude experience wholeness
when a soul touch the delight of wisdom in a simple touch
a touch wich open our hearts to the world of you and me
you can feel it in happyness , the joy is not too far fetch
our dreams are silent yet you are here in this omen , with me
with me because we are both one and the same , so is God
so who is God but the boat who carries our completness and
in a reflection of me and you , i see he , who is we ...
I have a different 'sense' of and way of relating to God, Ascension. I do 'resonate' with those who who sense and relate to THAT which IS (i.e. God) the way you do.
Old 03-02-2018, 11:49 PM
Knower

I think I shall try....something, tomorrow. Not exactly sure what. But I'll meditate for awhile and try to "make a space for God". I can't say that I won't have doubt, because I've tried this before. But...I'll try again anyway. I guess I'm rather desperate really.

Any advice for how to approach this?
Old 04-02-2018, 12:23 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayden_Greywolf
I think I shall try....something, tomorrow. Not exactly sure what. But I'll meditate for awhile and try to "make a space for God". I can't say that I won't have doubt, because I've tried this before. But...I'll try again anyway. I guess I'm rather desperate really.

Any advice for how to approach this?

FWIW I'm told God appreciates it when people are honest about the things they are doing that are wrong...