Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 03-06-2016, 03:36 AM
Newbie ;)

PurpleMist;
I lost my Dad to cancer over 12 yrs ago. I was a "Daddy's Girl" big time. After he passed away, I thought I would never stop counting the hours he had been gone, the days, the months. I know from experience the time is the only thing that can heal the way you feel. I thought that when I talked about him and started crying, I was just really sad over his passing. Actually I was depressed. I started taking anti-depressants, and for me it helped. I have never stopped missing him and I think about him all the time. It was actually 9 yrs ago today that I lost my Mom. I miss them both very much, but over time it got easier to live day to day without them. Life does go on, even when our hearts are broken. Just remember to talk to your Dad everyday. He is listening!! He is with you all the time!!
Old 03-06-2016, 04:16 AM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieSue
PurpleMist;
I lost my Dad to cancer over 12 yrs ago. I was a "Daddy's Girl" big time. After he passed away, I thought I would never stop counting the hours he had been gone, the days, the months. I know from experience the time is the only thing that can heal the way you feel. I thought that when I talked about him and started crying, I was just really sad over his passing. Actually I was depressed. I started taking anti-depressants, and for me it helped. I have never stopped missing him and I think about him all the time. It was actually 9 yrs ago today that I lost my Mom. I miss them both very much, but over time it got easier to live day to day without them. Life does go on, even when our hearts are broken. Just remember to talk to your Dad everyday. He is listening!! He is with you all the time! !

That's a beautiful message you gave, DebbieSue. My son's been gone for six years and I didn't always allow myself to talk to him every day, but now I do. Hope you're doing okay, PurpleMist.

Old 10-07-2016, 01:11 PM
Suspended
Pathfinder
Cherish every moment with him. Do not be afraid, this is his journey.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:28 PM
Newbie ;)

life goes on

Hello Purplemist
My thoughts are with you. Finding peace during grief is slow coming but we have many attributes as humans that heal us from within…its slow but it comes with a realization of our own mortality that one day we tread the same path as our loved ones who have gone before us.
Some years ago my mum who was aged and had become infirm through a slight stroke, when I was called to her bedside along with my 2 brothers and we were told our mum would pass over this night.
She was I like to think asleep in her bed gently breathing I chose to hold her hand and talk to her for a few hours. During that time I re-lived all those beautiful times as a child and also as an adult, the hard times for her as a mum. I held her hand and stroked her brow. Momentarily she opened her eyes sat up looked at me and my brothers but closed them seconds later and returned to sleep.
I leaned over to brush her hair off her brow and kissed her, at that moment she breathed her last breath as I breathed in I felt that warm breath on my cheek. My thoughts at that very moment …..I said goodbye for now ….we will see each other again …….but not yet. My thoughts never brought me grief but a strange feeling of gratefulness that she was no longer in pain. My feeling was that she had brought me into this world and it had come full circle and now I was with her when she left it. It was the most beautiful sadness that I had ever encountered. I had loved her dearly, as she had me, her rest was earned and I was content that she would now be with our dad and her own mum and dad and family ,that gave me a gladness in my heart which I still carry with me today.
Try and look beyond the sadness, your dad is never lost nor will he ever be. You will see them all again ….but not yet my friend not yet. You have mountains to climb, other hearts to mend, and be whatever you want to be!
Old 01-08-2016, 09:51 PM
Master
I really do think that people are prepared ahead of time for their transition. Like you said, your dad reviewed his life and spent time with you to try and prepare you as well. You did the things you needed to do.

This is a hard time and you will always miss him but he will always be with you. You just have to think of him and what he would say or how he would act and that is how he will guide you.
Old 23-12-2016, 11:32 PM
Pathfinder
It's been nearly a year and I haven't really started grieving yet.

I see my dad as orbs regularly which is really reassuring. I've even got it on film! I saw his orb as I was taking a picture of my cat and the camera managed to get a shot of my dads orb.

I'm facing Christmas alone, essentially. But I know my dads with me. I get signs and synchronicities a lot, that simply couldn't be from anyone else.
Old 23-12-2016, 11:47 PM
Pathfinder
If there is any way of uploading the film of my dads orb, please tell me how to do it. I saw his orb with my own eyes and only realised I'd caught him on camera when I watched it back.
Old 24-12-2016, 12:08 AM
Pathfinder
I miss him so much. I just want to be back with him.
Old 24-12-2016, 12:18 AM
Super Moderator
Dear PurpleMist,
Please listen within the silence and sacred space of your Heart because that is where you will 'see' him. Not with eyes, or a camera lens....but with the light and love in your Heart. He will connect with you there.
So many of our loved ones do. We can be unaccustomed to seeing with our Hearts.
Bless his Soul.
Old 24-12-2016, 12:23 AM
Master
Hang-in there, now you have a very personal and closely held guide on the other side that can guide you in your Earthly journey. An please do grieve; its' important.

If you want to upload pictures here go to Photobucket.com link and set up an account. It is free. An once you have your account setup download your pictures to the Photo-bucket website; there are links on that website for doing such.

Then copy the "img" tag related to the photo you would like to share. Come back here to SF, click reply to a post or start a new post, and then click on the yellow envelope at the top of the window where you post and paste the "img" tag which you copied in the box which opened when you clicked on the yellow envelope, and click ok. Your picture will now appear in your post here at SF once you have completed and posted what you have done.

Feel free to ask for clarification because my explanation may just be as clear as mud.