Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 24-12-2017, 01:31 PM
leadville

the grandest illusion

I’ve done my stuff. I’ve researched and contemplated all I found. Then out of the blue recently I got a big surprise about something I had felt comfortable with for a long time – spirituality.

For a very long time I felt persuaded that experiences during life in-the-body enhanced the rate of personal spiritual progress. It’s what I thought spiritual guides had taught us. Nobody provided an alternative or at least I didn’t recognise it if they did.

The words we use may mean different things to each of us. In a similar way we have different ideas about the way we came into being, both as spirit individuals and as humans. I’ve always thought we progressed spiritually towards a state of near spiritual perfection before we reach our end as individuals - progression from where we are spiritually now to a point where no further progress can be made. Recently all that changed.

I still see us as from the source and identically similar to the source. When I say ‘us’ I’m referring to our ‘spirit selves’ our individual but spiritually-identical forms; identical ‘sparks’ of creative energy that animate every kind of personal existence. Those ‘sparks’ were spiritually perfect when they left the source to experience life as individuals and that spiritual perfection never changes. They don’t need to progress spiritually - they are already spiritually perfect. And when I refer to ‘they’ I’m actually meaning ‘us’, the spiritual us.

We each are individuated sparks of that divine source, eternally spiritually-perfect but manifesting as something less. Isn’t that the grandest of illusions?
Old 24-12-2017, 02:33 PM
Newbie ;)
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadville
We each are individuated sparks of that divine source, eternally spiritually-perfect but manifesting as something less. Isn’t that the grandest of illusions?

well said :-)
Old 24-12-2017, 09:04 PM
Master
.....Or something like that right :)

Seen so much so far on this journey, I'm sure of very little and suspect much of it exists beyond this humans mind to fathom. Outside of that I'm fairly sure of the continuity of consciousness through very form of sentient beings. What it's for ...not so sure on that.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:46 AM
Newbie ;)

Divine powers exists and yes they are very powerful!
Old 19-10-2018, 05:09 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
I’ve done my stuff. I’ve researched and contemplated all I found. Then out of the blue recently I got a big surprise about something I had felt comfortable with for a long time – spirituality.

For a very long time I felt persuaded that experiences during life in-the-body enhanced the rate of personal spiritual progress. It’s what I thought spiritual guides had taught us. Nobody provided an alternative or at least I didn’t recognise it if they did.

The words we use may mean different things to each of us. In a similar way we have different ideas about the way we came into being, both as spirit individuals and as humans. I’ve always thought we progressed spiritually towards a state of near spiritual perfection before we reach our end as individuals - progression from where we are spiritually now to a point where no further progress can be made. Recently all that changed.

I still see us as from the source and identically similar to the source. When I say ‘us’ I’m referring to our ‘spirit selves’ our individual but spiritually-identical forms; identical ‘sparks’ of creative energy that animate every kind of personal existence. Those ‘sparks’ were spiritually perfect when they left the source to experience life as individuals and that spiritual perfection never changes. They don’t need to progress spiritually - they are already spiritually perfect. And when I refer to ‘they’ I’m actually meaning ‘us’, the spiritual us.

Would you be willing to elaborate -provided you feel comfortable - on the experience that lead to your conclusion?
Old 19-10-2018, 05:26 PM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulforce
Would you be willing to elaborate -provided you feel comfortable - on the experience that lead to your conclusion?

I wouldn't be uncomfortable but it would mean a lot of typing and nowadays I don't have the energy.
Old 19-10-2018, 06:19 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
I wouldn't be uncomfortable but it would mean a lot of typing and nowadays I don't have the energy.

Fair enough, I've made a similar conclusion. I was interested to see if you and I had a similar experience.

sf
Old 19-10-2018, 10:29 PM
Master

Quote:

So, "the grandest illusion" is what you believed until now, or what you believe now? ... Both?

I mostly agree with those that say that the "understanding of the Universe beyond" is above our capability of understanding.

Surely, we should believe whatever fits better or makeup, because it doesn't really matter. What matters is what we do while here on Earth.

I believe that our quest for knowledge should be scaled down from "understanding of the Universe beyond" to "finding out why we are here on Earth". If we were perfect, we wouldn't be here, now, and we wouldn't have to come back over and over.

We can bet on one of the more popular dogmas, or on one of the more intriguing ones, but I would recommend neither. Better, each of us should turn toward inside, go deep, ask questions, get answers, ...

It is better to ask for "what we are to do now", and not for "how things are" and then rationalize what we should do.
Old 20-10-2018, 05:09 AM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
So, "the grandest illusion" is what you believed until now, or what you believe now? ... Both?

I mostly agree with those that say that the "understanding of the Universe beyond" is above our capability of understanding.

Surely, we should believe whatever fits better or makeup, because it doesn't really matter. What matters is what we do while here on Earth.

I believe that our quest for knowledge should be scaled down from "understanding of the Universe beyond" to "finding out why we are here on Earth". If we were perfect, we wouldn't be here, now, and we wouldn't have to come back over and over.

We can bet on one of the more popular dogmas, or on one of the more intriguing ones, but I would recommend neither. Better, each of us should turn toward inside, go deep, ask questions, get answers, ...

It is better to ask for "what we are to do now", and not for "how things are" and then rationalize what we should do.

It's 10 months since I posted my opener for this thread..... Why didn't you respond while the thread was fresh?

What's made you pick up my thoughts now for comment?
Old 20-10-2018, 05:13 AM
Master

Quote:
It's 10 months since I posted my opener for this thread..... Why didn't you respond while the thread was fresh?

What's made you pick up my thoughts now for comment?

Kind of blunt reply ... Anyway: I just noticed it, because it had new posts. You don't have to reply to my post.