Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 22-01-2018, 04:19 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
That's very nice, swampgrl, and timely, how good is your intuition, dear one?

Nice to meet you (again)

Love

BT

Nice to meet you again too. "We should stop meeting like this" should not apply.

I know sometimes it may look like I'm spreading toads but really what I am doing is spreading flowers.

Such is the life of a flower girl.
Old 22-01-2018, 04:32 AM
Suspended
Ascender

lol You are a nice one

Toads? I only see flowers myself (seriously)

Flower girl - very, very nice, need more blossoms like this around.

BT
Old 22-01-2018, 04:42 AM
Suspended
Ascender

PS What tradition or spiritual path do you follow, may I inquire?

Curious BT
Old 22-01-2018, 05:22 AM
Suspended
Ascender

slash112:

Here is the thread I promised you: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...19#post1698719

BT
Old 22-01-2018, 06:26 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
PS What tradition or spiritual path do you follow, may I inquire?

Curious BT

That's a tough one to describe. Will leave you with a flower though.

I follow flowers.

I get flowers and give flowers leaving a touch of myself on each one.
Old 22-01-2018, 07:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
The discussion of non-duality while being immersed in duality is prejudiced at best. Its’ like a fish talking about dry land, and while it may have caught a glimpse of dry land it really knows less than little about it.

I suspect there is no one who knows anything about it.

Quote:
Duality suggests opposite poles that exist in space but there is no such thing as “space” in non-duality. The laws of physics do not apply to non-duality. There is no up or down in infinity and non-duality is the one pervasive wholeness of infinity.

There are no gaps in infinity; we live every moment and have our being in the midst of infinity. In my opinion, infinity is the absence of space as all space is occupied by omnipresent divinity, and eternity is the absence of time; because where there is no space there can be no such thing as “time.”

The concept of duality requires both time and space. The nature of opposite poles infers space and where there is space, or distance, there is time. When we are still inside and cease all movement within ourselves we can experience eternity and infinity; we can experience non-duality.

In purely logical terms, a real duality can't be defined because the relationship is singular, and therefore 'immeasurable'.

Quote:
Eternity and infinity are always present in the here and now; they overlap and permeate duality but are not opposite to it. Duality is an illusion created by non-duality; all things are created by non-duality. Duality can disappear and no longer exist but non-duality is permanent and will always exist. Without non-duality duality would not exist.

There is no such thing as “nothing” because while the word “nothing” actually means “no-thing,” and things can be framed or they have boundaries and borders, divine presence has no boundaries or boarders and is omnipresent, that is to say everywhere. Further, non-duality is not a “thing” but duality is definitely a thing. Is the river the opposite of the ocean? Oceans create rivers and rivers flow back to the ocean.
Old 22-01-2018, 07:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by slash112
That all makes sense Starman, thank you for that response!

I was perhaps thinking a bit one-dimensionally. :P

I realize now that the witness and the witnessed is still a duality within nonduality.

Well, strictly speaking, a 'duality', in entailing but a singular relationship, is one dimensional (though that is only one of the possibilities, and we can't actually have a duality in isolation)
Old 22-01-2018, 07:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
This is really good. Some argue the world is multidimensional because they can perceive it as such, while others might suggest it is actually non-dimensional because they can see it as such. The same may go for duality and non-duality. The latest I read on Quantum was that all states exist until one is perceived, so maybe life is dual, non-dual, dual & non-dual, not-dual-not-non-dual... and whether either is in any certain point in what some call time & space is really truly up to how they perceive. I like the idea about resting in nothingness, and let oneness emerge from there... at least I no longer believe I have any free will... it seems that I have a True Nature, and it unfolds whether or not I participate... when I struggle I find myself at odds with duality... when I participate I slip into non-duality...

Indeed. There no reasonable way to discern a single 'entity' from two 'entities', so we can only regard these as a single 'phenemona' which entails at once various possibilities. Such possibilities can be represented separately, but the 'phenomena' entailing them cannot be represented.
Old 22-01-2018, 07:43 AM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampgrl
That's a tough one to describe. Will leave you with a flower though.

I follow flowers.

I get flowers and give flowers leaving a touch of myself on each one.

I once sang the gayatri mantra for an hour to a tiny pink flower bursting through between two tiles in the pavement..

Flowers are wonderful aren't they?

WIth Love
Old 22-01-2018, 07:57 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsquotl
I once sang the gayatri mantra for an hour to a tiny pink flower bursting through between two tiles in the pavement..

Flowers are wonderful aren't they?

WIth Love

Flowers are wonderful! When science describes the theory of the Big Bang, I see a flower's bloom. A field without flowers is unadorned (nonduality).

Manifestation seems to carry with it the terrible twos. Children raising children, a dilemma.

Existential choice:

See the dilemma as a series of comedic errors or a tragedy of epic proportion. Either way the show goes on.