Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 13-05-2019, 01:15 PM
Experiencer
Snakes in the garden

I dreamed last night that I was out in my backyard trying to plant a vegetable garden. For some reason, the place I had chosen to do so was full of roots from a large tree nearby. I was trying to dig holes for my seeds between the roots.

Then I noticed that what I thought were tree roots were actually snakes. They were obviously docile, but when I noticed them I was afraid. I ran back toward the house, skipping over the snakes. They started moving a bit; I guess my movements had awakened them somehow.

When I got to my back door, I was screaming a warning to my family inside. There was a snake to the right of the door. It was black with an indigo stripe down the center of its back and had a bifid tongue. It was hissing at me. It leaned back in preparation to strike my ankle. I got inside just before it bit me.

My dad happened to be visiting, and I asked him to go outside and kill the snakes. I told him what a horrific scene I had encountered and was begging him to please be careful. He was not concerned and was even laughing a bit, thinking I was being dramatic.

When he got to the back door (armed with only a shovel, I might add), he called me over and said, "Is this what you've been afraid of?" I looked and there was a pool float in the shape of a snake. The actual live snakes were nowhere to be seen. I started crying, and my sobs woke me up.
Old 13-05-2019, 01:22 PM
Experiencer
I just discovered that all snakes have bifid tongues...so I guess that part is irrelevant.
Old 13-05-2019, 08:27 PM
Yaoughta

When a dream causes you to be anxious or fearful, it is often because the dream is showing you a hidden fear. It doesn't always have to be "hidden" as sometimes it is obvious. Backyards have to deal with the inner self, or true self. Everyone sees your front yard, they don't even have to know you on a personal level. They can just drive by your house. However, not everyone can see your backyard. Typically, the only people that see your backyard are those that you invite over or in this case, invite inside. You are working on improving your self and so you were planting a vegetable garden in your back yard. This new found awareness isn't coming easy though as with it, it stirs up different things that you might not be ready to face or handle. Opening up to greater wisdom opens you up to new energies as well and leads you to face your fears. You "Father" assures you that all is not as it seems to be, thus trying to work with you to get you to open up and face your fears.
Old 14-05-2019, 03:09 AM
Experiencer
Wow, great interpretation. Thank you.
Old 15-05-2019, 11:44 AM
Knower

Is there anything connected to your past and your familly tradition that you have started perceving as threatening? It could be something very deep that perhaps you haven't confessed yourself yet. Also, it seems like deep down you are certain your family members won't have your same perception, and perhaps blaming you to blow things out of proportion if you shared these thoughts with them (as your father's reaction goes in the dream.)
Yes, reptiles dreams never leave a good feeling. I wish you to get to the "root" of the matter that may be troubling you now. X
Old 24-05-2019, 02:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachella
Yes, reptiles dreams never leave a good feeling. I wish you to get to the "root" of the matter that may be troubling you now. X

Perhaps, if you accept it that way and see the reptiles as bad animals, or when you take a Christian belief system as your foundation. I had/have many dreams about snakes and none were harmful or malevolent..

This thread caught my eyes because I too have had dreams about a garden that was packed with snakes, and then the house too. It was curious, not scary. But then I find snakes fascinating..

Of course if it’s scary than that will mean something to astralwanderer, but it’s also interesting to understand why it is specifically snakes and not spiders, tigers, or anything else that might be dangerous. But reptiles aren’t bad animals, and snakes also symbolize wisdom and spiritual growth..
Old 24-05-2019, 03:45 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
But reptiles aren’t bad animals, and snakes also symbolize wisdom and spiritual growth..

I have never said that reptiles are bad animals
Old 24-05-2019, 04:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachella
I have never said that reptiles are bad animals
You are right, I’m sorry. You said they never leave a good feeling. I have to disagree on that. I love snake dreams..

And maybe those scary snakes you see in dreams can help you out...
Old 24-05-2019, 07:50 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralwanderer
I just discovered that all snakes have bifid tongues...so I guess that part is irrelevant.

Don't be so sure. Most everything in my dreams is a conceptual metaphor for something else. The fact that you noticed this in your dream may be an important clue, whether it is unusual or not.
And yes, reptiles may not be bad things, but the ones in your dream were frightening you and striking at you so in that world they represent a threat or danger (generally not good things).
Just like the snakes tongue, the roots in your dreams have two sides, one a harmless root, and another a dangerous snake, the difference being how you saw them at the time. It can be a tricky thing in life to distinguish between the harmless roots and the dangerous snakes. One brings in nourishment and allows for growth, the other bites us and can sicken or kill us, so it is important to tell the difference, yet they look similar down there in the dirt. Perhaps there are even roots that can change into snakes once they have established themselves into our soil. Don't want to miss growth opportunities but don't want to get tricked and harmed either. Of course we all end up making both mistakes in life many times over.
Dad? Hard to say as that may depend on your relationship with him. IDK...perhaps Dad, having been around the block many more times makes it look a bit too easy to tell the difference, makes us feel a bit ashamed of our fears.
Stupid know it all Dad! Oh well, at least he has to pay for his wisdom with gray hair (or maybe no hair).
Old 25-05-2019, 04:39 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Don't be so sure. Most everything in my dreams is a conceptual metaphor for something else. The fact that you noticed this in your dream may be an important clue, whether it is unusual or not.
And yes, reptiles may not be bad things, but the ones in your dream were frightening you and striking at you so in that world they represent a threat or danger (generally not good things).
Just like the snakes tongue, the roots in your dreams have two sides, one a harmless root, and another a dangerous snake, the difference being how you saw them at the time. It can be a tricky thing in life to distinguish between the harmless roots and the dangerous snakes. One brings in nourishment and allows for growth, the other bites us and can sicken or kill us, so it is important to tell the difference, yet they look similar down there in the dirt. Perhaps there are even roots that can change into snakes once they have established themselves into our soil. Don't want to miss growth opportunities but don't want to get tricked and harmed either. Of course we all end up making both mistakes in life many times over.
Dad? Hard to say as that may depend on your relationship with him. IDK...perhaps Dad, having been around the block many more times makes it look a bit too easy to tell the difference, makes us feel a bit ashamed of our fears.
Stupid know it all Dad! Oh well, at least he has to pay for his wisdom with gray hair (or maybe no hair).

Great points.

Honestly, I think it was intuition about something that is now happening: I'm getting a divorce (discovering snakes in the garden I was trying to lovingly plant?), moving in with my dad tomorrow (temporarily, but still deserving of a heavy sigh), and getting SO MUCH pushback from my soon-to-be ex (the attempted heel strike at the last minute before the attempted getaway?).

The bifid tongue aspect as you clarified it is extremely helpful to me, and I will consider myself armed with that knowledge henceforth. ;)