Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 27-04-2019, 05:37 PM
Knower
opinions on this verse

'those who are familiar my writings know i dont mince words, the devil is always behind sugar-coated truths with slimy tounge, be sure of that.'
im not sure where that's from but a friend mentioned this verse, and from what it looks like, it looks like jesus is actually saying that and almost giving you a friendly warning by the use of saying 'be sure of that's
now the feeling i get with this is 'the devil' is our own ego.
it's so hard for me to prove this as on a spiritual level negative entities exist, im sure the spiritual people will agree so when a christian is trying to say the devil is deceiving us, it's so hard to more me to come up with the evidence yeah, it's a nightmare for me as im friendly with people from different religions and beliefs and if we ever talk it's like you cannot win lol care to share at here how you feel about this verse? im sure it's a metaphor and not what it seems.
Old 27-04-2019, 07:35 PM
Suspended

Quote:
'those who are familiar my writings know i dont mince words, the devil is always behind sugar-coated truths with slimy tounge, be sure of that.'

sounds right to me. Satan the father of lies. Sales talk. Political spin. manipulative deceivers in Christians and non Christian circles. We got to be awake to evil like this. otherwise we get sucked into the vortex.
Old 27-04-2019, 11:25 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
sounds right to me. Satan the father of lies. Sales talk. Political spin. manipulative deceivers in Christians and non Christian circles. We got to be awake to evil like this. otherwise we get sucked into the vortex.

indeed, Satan of lies.

How to lie however. Do you gain knowledge of a game, and then lay a wager. Become an expert, an Old French word for--- I need to walk away from the game. I forget my tools, and can't cook a meal because of the expertise.

Satan lies. So does the devil.

The devil knows the land. He studies it and sleeps in its shade.
Old 28-04-2019, 04:24 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer007
im not sure where that's from but a friend mentioned this verse, and from what it looks like, it looks like jesus is actually saying that and almost giving you a friendly warning by the use of saying 'be sure of that's
it's so hard for me to prove this as on a spiritual level negative entities exist, im sure the spiritual people will agree so when a christian is trying to say the devil is deceiving us, it's so hard to more me to come up with the evidence yeah, it's a nightmare for me as im friendly with people from different religions and beliefs and if we ever talk it's like you cannot win lol care to share at here how you feel about this verse? im sure it's a metaphor and not what it seems.

Just be normal - don't look for evil or Jesus or Satan. Just go about your normal life, naturally and be kind if possible.

The rest is a vortex of misinformation and wrong paths IMO.

JL
Old 28-04-2019, 10:40 AM
Knower
i have no path at the moment, dont think i ever had a path yet that i felt comfortable in, it's like each path has some points of intrest, but then your inner thoughts are saying there's more to discover, at times i feel like an adventurer lol i will check and explore everything with an open mind but i cant seem to settle down in any of the paths.
Old 28-04-2019, 02:56 PM
Guide

pretend your going through a period of anarchism. you're your own leader down a path for less, seeking a doctrine for life.

I understand. Can I offer a piece of advice?... learn...grab a book and notebook...take some notes...learn...then learn more more more....learn to be a writer. get some dictionaries, take down some definitions, and string some sentences together. you can always improve language, writing and reading. these qualities are invaluable

Write down 2 or 3 unique sentences. Incorporate them into your daily routine. You'll find your social interactions begin to shift. I do this every once in a while. It livens up my conversations and people are drawn to language that deviates from the standard vernacular.
Old 28-04-2019, 04:18 PM
ImthatIm

'the devil is always behind sugar-coated truths with slimy tounge, be sure of that.'

Reminds me of Proverbs 14:12
Quote:
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Many truth are hard to swallow.So be wary of those that seem sweet or to good to be true.

I am not remembering Jesus talking about sugar though.

I am not sure about the devil being the ego. I think the devil is more a spiritual energy that feeds ones ego.
But they do work hand in hand. I am not sure if my ego ever came up with any unique plan but it
surely did attach to and incorporate those darker paths that were already laid down by generations previous.(nothing new under the sun)

Anyway, I think the saying is saying to contemplate and consider all choices and
don't just jump because it sounds,looks or seems good. All choices will have their consequences.

My goal is to attempt to make all choices from a foundation of Divine Love.
Old 28-04-2019, 05:35 PM
Talking

Quote:
'the devil is always behind sugar-coated truths with slimy tounge, be sure of that.'
That makes no sense.
Truths do not have the devil or ego behind them.

When you switch on a light in a room where does the darkness go...
same with truth or the Truth...whatever.

The sentence is stupid and should be given no thought what-so-ever.
My input/opinion/thought on the sentence.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-04-2019, 06:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer007

What verse did your friend mention?