Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 06-03-2019, 04:37 PM
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
Notice what you said there, YOU just don't get it.
That in no way indicates that there is no reason for this, it only indicates that you do not understand
why the duality exists, and are perhaps a bit frustrated by that and placing blame.
Understandable, probably everyone has been there at least once, if not many times.
Exactly.
Now what does one do to know and understand the reason for existence
and how this place works...to eliminate this untrue idea about the Creator?

That will be your Journey, BlakeGood88...your choice of methods...first study from those that have known God...
not those intellectually speculating ...aka, guessing.

Then, go within...all the answers are there, or will be given in stillness...aka, meditating.
Fun Journey of discovery instore!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-03-2019, 05:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalsun
Isn't God above dualism ? Is God a conscious or an unconscious energy?
In my opinion and experience, definitely, however, that doesn't mean that God doesn't also use the duality to serve ITS purpose. There are also many that claim to be God that are not too. Some say that Satan is merely an employee so to speak, of God, acting as the drill sergeant of Soul to help bring It along into the realization of Itself beyond duality.

Of course many have varying opinions about this and every single little thing within the idea too. But in my opinion, that is the reason the individual must experience that road for themselves personally, and see, hear and experience all there is throughout the entire "journey." Regardless of the way one takes to achieve that, or what they name things, God included, along the way.
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 06-03-2019, 05:19 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
In my opinion and experience, definitely, however, that doesn't mean that God doesn't also use the duality to serve ITS purpose. There are also many that claim to be God that are not too. Some say that Satan is merely an employee so to speak, of God, acting as the drill sergeant of Soul to help bring It along into the realization of Itself beyond duality.

Of course many have varying opinions about this and every single little thing within the idea too. But in my opinion, that is the reason the individual must experience that road for themselves personally, and see, hear and experience all there is throughout the entire "journey." Regardless of the way one takes to achieve that, or what they name things, God included, along the way.

Definately, whatever everyone says, it is a personal thing. But my experience, God doesn't react to me as if He is conscious. Just energy.
Old 06-03-2019, 06:05 PM
Knower
As a Hindu, I don't look at it as God having anything to do with good or evil. It's not how he rolls. The Wiki article Problem of evil in Hinduism (I don't think I can post a link yet) explains it pretty well. Basically we look to karma and our own actions as the causes of good or evil. God/dess will be there to assist and support us as we need, but doesn't control good and evil. Therefore, one really cannot become angry with God for something God doesn't have anything to do with.
Old 06-03-2019, 06:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeGood88
First of all, I do believe in God, but why is he letting us down by letting evil things happen? I just don't get it?
Because we want to experience what it's like to be evil..?

What joy or experience is there if 'love' or 'God' were all that mattered...
A world full of order and perfection, but devoid of experience and chaos. Is this desirable..?
Old 07-03-2019, 02:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jainarayan
As a Hindu, I don't look at it as God having anything to do with good or evil. It's not how he rolls. The Wiki article Problem of evil in Hinduism (I don't think I can post a link yet) explains it pretty well. Basically we look to karma and our own actions as the causes of good or evil. God/dess will be there to assist and support us as we need, but doesn't control good and evil. Therefore, one really cannot become angry with God for something God doesn't have anything to do with.

I agree with this after having had a numerous numbers of lives within Sanatana Dharma. Now many of the details differ a bit between the various systems that have sprung from within Hinduism, but I see each as having been a bit of further development in human perception of what exists. Sikhism and what has come to be known as Sant Mat both view the overall much the same way as what you have stated.

The Godhead (as a singular Entity) is not what have come to be known as gods/goddesses since many have reached the point of considering those to be aspects of Brahma. Some claim that a Western influenced idea and inaccurate in India, but I know many who argue that that is false, so in the end it may have a slightly different meaning and interpretation from individual to individual, but overall, the point I was trying to make is that in Sikhism for example they list many planes, both higher (beyond duality) and lower (within duality) and so what is considered by many to be "God" is actually the dual "god", the negative pole so to speak that they call Kal Niranjan.

Whereas the true non-dual God they call Sat Naam (True Name). Sant Mat has many schools within it too either influenced by Sikhism and others by Sufism, but the one who started it was actually born a Muslim and was initiated by a Hindu. He viewed the overall cosmology to be the same, but he is also considered a Guru in Sikhism though he was never actually a member, but he was a contemporary of Guru Nanak. By the time this man, Kabir died, the Mughals and Hindus fought over which path he belonged to and which ceremony was proper to perform. They argued and fought, both wanting to lay claim which demonstrated how his teachings had affected both groups. He himself saw God in all religions and saw no difference other than the ways that groups chose to approach IT.

This is why in this version of things, this God would not have anything to do with good or evil, other than that IT created the worlds and the duality that exists along with karma to automatically keep the score over what individual motivations and choices would bring. This is much how it appears to be to my view, or at least a direct and more accurate way of stating it than some would. Of course not everyone would agree with that, but that is why so many paths exist to start with. There is a way that suits everyone. In my opinion, the differences become less and less as one draws forward on any path and the similarities start becoming more obvious. Just my take on it however.
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 07-03-2019, 07:12 AM
Master
Another way of looking at it is that evil is part and parcel of I AM or God. God cannot do anything about the evil because it is part of His nature...

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 07-03-2019, 07:13 AM
Master
This would imply that 'perfection' includes or needs evil in order to exist. Or that simply put there is no 'perfection'.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 07-03-2019, 08:37 AM
Master
Many people blame God but can they themselves claim to be pure and without flaws? Are they above all anger, jealousy, negativity?

The answer to this explains why we're here. Our imperfections hinder our capacity to be with 'God'. Spirituality is about closing that gap.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:42 AM
ant

Altair,

There are many that blame the system,not god,same thing right?

IF anything,life is nothing,there is no perfection,only creativity and passion.

There 'lies' 'THE' 'joy'.not the illusion and delusion we live in.

Thankyou 'actually'.