Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 24-01-2014, 12:14 AM
Experiencer

What are some of the stones you use and why?

I'm really interested in what stones do. It seems that some of the sources I've read don't agree and some of my favorite sources don't cover all of the stones I'm interested in.

So I'd like to start a thread where we talk about the stones we've used and the ways they've helped us. I'd really like to hear personal experiences, or hear why, through your personal experiences, you think a particular stone does something particular. I wouldn't mind hearing why you think a stone does what it does because of other sources, too--sources you've read about, rather than experiences you have had yourself.

And I'd like to raise questions about stones, too....about the stones we'd like to know more about.

I really liked some of the details in the thread "First time into stones" and would like to branch off a bit. I hadn't heard of differences between colors/sources of Carnelians, but then I haven't researched carnelian much, and have only recently acquired some.

My own experiences: I love, love, love ocean jasper. I have found that when my body aches, ocean jasper helps, and it helps pretty rapidly. It's not just any ache, though, that's helped. It doesn't help back ache, nor does it help neck tension. I've had lots of trouble with my neck lately and ocean jasper doesn't help at all. But if I come home from work and I ache all over with exhaustion, I lie down, put some palmstones of ocean jasper on my legs and/or hips and/or thighs and/or arms, and I feel relief within 5 minutes or so.

My sister suffers from pretty severe pain. On a scale of 1 to 10, I think at times it has reached 11. She uses pink tourmaline and finds relief that she can find nowhere else.

Any comments on these experiences? Any explanations? Any similarities to what you've experienced?

Mostly I rely on Michael Gienger's books.

Ginger doesn't cover hypersthene, which I have acquired and love. It is very soothing. Anyone else have any experience with it? I know I really like it, but I don't know much about it.

I'm thinking blue lace agate may help my neck pain. I'm not sure yet. I have to use it more, but I think it helps. I used some last night (though my neck wasn't really bothering me) and felt some tingling.

There are so many stones I could talk about, and I"d love to. And I'd love to hear what you have to say about stones..what you think about how they work, how you use them in your own life..what you're curious about...what you'd like to know more about.

Please comment on the particular stones I've mentioned if you'd like to.
Old 25-01-2014, 01:47 PM
Experiencer

No responses to this post. I feel ignored. Oh well. I know that I have had the message at the top of the screen about not posting for awhile. I've been busy and caught up in other things and trying to assimilate stuff...just wasn't ready to communicate. Now I am. But maybe others are busy and caught up and assimilating and just not in the same place I am. So I will talk to myself. (I am an externalizer. I need to externalize to process things--hence talking to myself if there's no one else listening.)

I love black tourmaline. I wear it pretty much every day because I feel protected from negativity. I started wearing it at work and now have a much better experience there. Writing this, it occurs to me that I might suggest a friend of mine, who struggles at work, to try it.

See, talking to oneself can be beneficial.

The other stone I wear every day is my citrine. While I alternate which black tourmaline I wear, I always wear the same citrine. Black tourmaline must be cleaned to prevent the negativity it absorbs from spilling out. So I alternate, cleaning and charging the ones I'm not wearing and giving them a break. I wear the same citrine every day. It is one of the stones that doesn't need to be cleansed or charged. I do take it off at night to give it a break and sometimes I will take a day off. Very occasionally I put it on some selenite, just as a treat I guess. Also very occasionally I let it bask in my special 528 Hz solfeggio music.

My citrine is a generator or something like that. Very powerful and large and it is real citrine, not heated amethyst. We have a special bond. Since wearing it my depression has been much more manageable. When I do get depressed, it's not as low. A friend of mine suggested I get citrine to help me with depression, and that led to my love and collection of stones.

I sometimes have intense neck pain. I"ve been using blue lace agate for that, and I think it's helping. I've tried other stones and not sure they help. I think my pink tourmaline might help? My green tourmaline might also help? Not sure. So far blue lace agate is most promising. I put it on my skin, at my neck, the other day when I wasn't having trouble and it made me tingle. In a good way. I've also used it when my neck is hurting and I do think it helps, but I have to keep working with it. It's early in the investigation at this point.
Old 25-01-2014, 04:36 PM
Knower

I use amethyst, rose quartz and clear quartz tumble stones on my healing pyramid, because not only do I see them as master healers but that they work well and enhance the Reiki. I also have more of these particular crystals than I do of any other, in fact my meditation pyramid is covered in around 1500 clear quartz tumble stones and I also have a crystal grid inside the pyramid of rose quartz and amethyst, and I believe the combination of these crystals help keep me well. Apart from these three types of crystals I have a large collection of other crystals all of which i am drawn to, and that is the most important thing when buying crystals, being drawn to them.
Old 25-01-2014, 06:25 PM
Experiencer

Hi Russell. What is a healing pyramid? A meditation pyramid? You arrange stones in a pyramid shape? I would love to make a crystal grid but just haven't figured out how to do it.

Crystal quartz, rose quartz and amethyst are all very basic stones. Master healers you call them. Thank you for reminding me of the basics. I have some wonderful crystal quartz clusters that I keep near my selenite and egg collection. Quartz, as I understand it, amplifies. I've got a 5 inch rose quartz skull--my only large skull. I don't feel the need for others. I've got some beautiful amethyst. Putting them together makes sense.
Old 25-01-2014, 06:39 PM
Knower

I wear rose quartz daily to help my heart chakra to be open to giving and receiving love and compassion. I like to wear atlantisite for grounding and balance. A new stone I recently acquired and love to wear is orange kyanite. It helps to let go of the past and to live in the present.
I would like to have verscite but I am not sure which form I want to get it in.
There are some crystals/stones that need to be softened. For these I add rose quartz.
I feel a connection to all of my crystals/stones and miss them when they are not with me.
Old 25-01-2014, 08:31 PM
Experiencer

Thanks for posting Lovingkind. What a neat response. You seem like a gentle soul.

I miss my stones, too, when they're not with me.

Softening stones with rose quartz. What a great idea. I wonder how that would work with malachite? It feels like they might clash...be disharmonious. Maybe it doesn't work with every stone. I'll have to think about it. I really love jasper, probably because it's such a gentle stone.

I keep my 5 inch rose quartz skull in the headboard shelf of my bed.

I have a piece of atlantisite but didn't know what to do with it. Grounding and balance.
Old 25-01-2014, 09:41 PM
Knower

My healing pyramid is around 8 inches high, has 2 faces rose quartz, 1 face amethyst and 1 face clear quartz, and I use it in healing rituals when I channel Reiki through it.. My mediation pyramid is a 6ft high wooden pyramid covered in clear quartz tumble stones. As to crystal grids they really are quite an easy thing to make, and if you would like I have a collection of files on crystal grids that I am happy to share with you.
Old 25-01-2014, 09:49 PM
Master
Yeah I have a meditation pyramid too, and will be about six foot high too,made with bamboo, i have a comfy chair in it for meditating....i have clear quartz pyramids (sm) at each corner with hematite, and sm bits of selenite at the sides...

I also wear crystals daily, and I go with my intuition for what to wear each day.....and the odd occasion I will have a day off crystals...and sometimes, ask my intuitive friend to pick a crystal for me for the day :))

today I am wearing 2 sugilite :))
Old 25-01-2014, 09:57 PM
Master
I carry my bits and pieces in my pockets or tucked in close to my heart. But I also go for using my intuition when selecting, Skybird.
Old 25-01-2014, 10:20 PM
Experiencer

Lovingkind, have you experienced the grounding and balance from atlantiste? I wear my citrine point down to help me ground. I read in some book that that's the way to wear it if one needs to ground. I've worn it that way for more than a year. Recently I changed pouches, and in the new pouch I tried to put it point up, but it kept turning and so I've turned it back to point down. It feels right that way, too.

Kaere, I used to wear some of my stones in my bra, but I've lost weight and changed bras and now when I try to do that, they fall out when I bend over. I have also worn them in my socks. I still wear my fluorite there, when I wear it. Mostly I wear my stones in a pouch around my neck. Now I have two pouches. My citrine doesn't like the other stones to be close to it (my own observation, confirmed by an intuitive friend); I'm hoping separating the citrine by putting it into its own pouch helps. I'd do have pants that fit now that have pockets, so sometimes I use them.

Skybird, what does sugilite do for you? I have some and love it a lot.

Does anyone wear dalmation stone? I read somewhere that the black spots are black tourmaline. In Permutt's The Crystal Healer. That's the only book I could find it in. Here's some of what Permutt says: "[G]ood for cartilage and physical stamina. Soothes nerves, muscle sprains and cramps....Helps negativity" (82) Does anyone know this source? Like it? Not? Mixed?