Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 05-08-2013, 02:06 AM
Experiencer

half vegitarian

I'm guessing alot of people are steering away from mass killed animals as food.
I mostly eat vegetables and a bit of fruit and meat has been phasing out for me as time passes. I'm now down to just fish as the only meat. I keep making fish burgers tasty tasy fishburgers lol.
Just wondering if there's people doing the same, steering away from mass killed animals?
Not those who are fully vegan just wanted to share views with people who are starting to not support unloved animal industries any longer.
Not that plants don't have feelings too :)
Old 05-08-2013, 02:22 AM
Deactivated Account
As one whose ready supply of teeth is running into seriously hard times, I tend to eat meat less and less. Any meat I do eat is local organic.
Sometimes I eye the local overpopulation of deer with curiousity.
I am a sufficiently accomplished archer that I would have no trouble eating venison, if killing came easily to me, which it doesn't, any more. Besides, the deer regularly come right up to me and smile.

I eat mostly fish, and shellfish, along with eggs, and masses of vegetables.
If I have anything to say about it, I drink vegetable juice, provided by a juicer, in preference to the whole vegetable. Fruits.
And potatoes. Lots of potatoes.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:11 AM
Experiencer

Did you just start to feel more and more grossed out by the meat you ate?
The organic local meat would have a lot less negative vibrations than the other unloved animal meat. Apparently there is a device that measures the vibrations/lifeforce of food and other things, fish scored a lot better than caged pork etc so I read. Cooking on the fire also scored better than gas cooked etc. Can't remember where I read that or Id post a link.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:53 AM
Deactivated Account
Thanks. Every bit helps.
Meat doesn't gross me out no. But I feel less like eating it.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:54 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_crow
Sometimes I eye the local overpopulation of deer with curiousity.
I am a sufficiently accomplished archer that I would have no trouble eating venison, if killing came easily to me...
How about the overpopulation of humans?
Old 05-08-2013, 12:11 PM
Time

No matter your choice in diet, the vast majority of westerners, and a growing number of asians eat too much meat, specifically red meat.

For me personally, it comes down to evidence, and all evidence suggests we should be eating meat to some degree, and have always done so in the last 500 000 years, give or take. In all cases before the green revolution, food was regional and your diet depended on where you live and whether you were lucky enough to be situation near somewhere you can trade for different foods. Our diet should be roughly 30 - 60% meat and the rest veggies (depending on lifestyle and region). The closer to the tropics you get the more variety of plants you get throughout the year, therefore meat is less needed. The further north you go, the less plants year round and the more meat you would need to have.

In the end to me, plants and animals are same difference, and the same respect should be given to both.....

Anyways, vegetarian or not, you should be growing your own food responsibly. Thats one of the best ways to negate abuse to the environment, albiet small but the more people who do it the bigger the impact.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:12 PM
Time

Also.... crows are scavengers. You shouldnt be in a vegan thread :O

Yes im kidding!!!
Old 05-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Teiksma

I do as ancient latvians have done - I eat meet only rarely - in celebrations. Plants feel pain too, I feel it, but it is not so big pain, because plants are ok with growing them in big plantations. Animals are more complex and they are not ok with it. Animals need freedom, emotions, love. Plants are not moving, so they can live industrial and be happy. Animals cant.
But abut fish - most animals are growing in farms, so, they are in pain, but these species are not to be extinct.
It is not like that with fish - like bluefin tuna. They are catched with big nets, half of fish there are dead, but they dont use them, they die without purpose. Many dolphins and rare fish species are killed in those nets. Bluefin tuna is dying, sharks are dying, turtles are dying, ocean can be killed in few decades...
I eat only freshwater fish, catched not with nets. Those big nets are something monsteros.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:58 PM
Time

Plants are effected by industry. They are laced with chemicals, grown on poor soils and are planted in monoculture - pretty much the worse thing you can do to plants. How we farm plants is the equivalent of how industrial farms treat cattle. Plants only seem "happy" in farms due to a massive amount of chemicals and work. They are literally forced to do so...
Old 05-08-2013, 01:03 PM
Teiksma

I think they have less damage. I cant live in natural place and eat pure food. So I have to choose, and I think that plants suffer less.