Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 31-10-2012, 11:55 PM
Experiencer

"That's were everyone gets stuck"

Replace everyone with most...better?

The initial post was for those on the spiritual path. Since your not on any spiritual quest for liberation or enlightenment, then it does not apply to you...yes?

"Yes, speaking of? Are you going to speak of the balance between literal interpretation and a deeper and transparent feeling of something authentic?"

its the difference between conceptual thought (aka..the idea that most,lol.. believe themselves to be the thinker) and your gut or inner knowing that what you are hearing lacks any ego ** or pride.
Old 31-10-2012, 11:55 PM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain-Goat
But in the environment of peer to peer conversation, as it is here in SF, no one is imposing.

I theorize because thay experienced strong sensations that someone told them what those sensations mean,
or they made up their own conclusion of what it means.
And because they are so convinced, they go around declaring it is actually a universal truth.
Of which i feel they have every right and freedom to.

When peacegarden and Aquarian expressed they percieve me as a (paraphrased) 'douchebag in how i communicate',
i joyfully and respectfully allow them the freedom and right to say whatever they want, what is it to me what they believe,
they have not imposed anything on me, they have simply opinion, just like those that declare

I slipped and I paid the price!!! Attempt to impose...ATTEMPT!!! Come here and show me the love you big douchebag!!
Old 01-11-2012, 12:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
What doesn't make any sense to me is if anyone is so intouch with void they wouldn't be here in this forum in the first place and reacting emotionally. We're all learning. No one is above the other with 'truer' experiences.

It's not either/or, Seawolf. One can be aware in the silent presence as the foundation and background of everything... while in their human life, learning and evolving like everyone else here.

Xan

Old 01-11-2012, 12:30 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
It's not either/or, Seawolf. One can be aware in the silent presence as the foundation and background of everything... while in their human life, learning and evolving like everyone else here.

Xan
Often we can choose to ignore our human side because it's difficult and then cop out through spirituality. Sometimes we can see that in ourselves when we feel superior to others and see ourselves as being more spiritual than the other. It's not obvious to us but it is to others, and instead of listening we run back to 'you just don't know it like I do'. I've been there, it's just fear coming out.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:34 AM
Master
Seawolf... I'm not going to get once again into your projections onto me of emotions I don't feel, in all honesty.

If what I say bothers you, that's fine and that's all.

Xan

Old 01-11-2012, 12:42 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Seawolf... I'm not going to get once again into your projections onto me of emotions I don't feel, in all honesty.

If what I say bothers you, that's fine and that's all.

Xan
I was just bringing the idea up for discussion. I'm not bothered, I think it's possible to discuss difficult subjects if we're open minded.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Some people object when others - discoverers and teachers and other awakening ones - speak about something so pure and true that nothing compares to it. Why? Is universal truth something people feel the need to protect themselves from, as if it were a threat? If so... what does it threaten?

Xan

I have been in the presence of gifted teachers and i have been challenged within to the core by what they may have said at one time or another. Never was the feeling one of being threatened or of objecting about them.
If you are being received objectively and you feel that others are threatened by what you say........maybe it is you. Maybe the fact that you claim to know that they feel threatened, that you know them better then they know themselves, maybe that is the energy they are objecting to.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
I imagine the question is subject to cognitive bias, because even Universal Truth is Universal Truth as you experience it and clearly not as other people experience. The thing of it appears to be that whatever one experiences and feels is going to be a very personal and individual experience and feeling.

The resistance you would encounter will be as a result of this, But as you know, I feel absolute truth to be a myth , because it is suggestive of being immutable, Creation, The Universe is never immutable,It's always changing and transforming It follows then that One truth will change into another truth.

You think you have it pinned down and have even convinced yourself it's real. because to you it is, but as I said , It is even now your take on the subject. 100 might broadly agree with you, but 2 or 3 may not, simply because they experience their absolute purity of being in a different way to you.

Nicely said.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:35 AM
rsingh

Truth is threat to mind. So if we are identified with mind then we perceive it as threat to us. Truth is death of the mind as it perceives itself. When we are identified with mind then we are mind. So death mind is perceived as our death but truth never dies. Truth is timeless.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsingh
Truth is threat to mind. So if we are identified with mind then we perceive it as threat to us. Truth is death of the mind as it perceives itself. When we are identified with mind then we are mind. So death mind is perceived as our death but truth never dies. Truth is timeless.

So mind cannot grasp it nor claim to know it nor claim to be able to define it or suggest it to others. Then why are people trying to teach it?
People are not objecting to truth...they are objecting to truth being taught to them and that is because they know the truth of that being against truth.