Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 27-06-2014, 12:28 PM
Lorelyen

No concrete proof but plenty of amassed anecdotal evidence from "travellers".

Old 27-06-2014, 12:45 PM
Master
How did this old thread get revived? No wonder the arguments seem old!

Lora
Old 27-06-2014, 01:40 PM
Master

Not scientific proof , but there is a story of a British M.P. appearing before the house of commons in his astral body ( late 1800 to early 1900s some where ) to cast his vote while his phy body was sick in bed .
Old 27-06-2014, 03:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert rat
Not scientific proof , but there is a story of a British M.P. appearing before the house of commons in his astral body ( late 1800 to early 1900s some where ) to cast his vote while his phy body was sick in bed .

Was the vote "Absent"?

Lora
Old 27-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Was the vote "Absent"?

Lora
Its a story in a book on astral projection . I beleve its a Llewin book . If I find it I will post the page and isbn # . My point was this is a matter of public reccord .
Old 27-06-2014, 10:22 PM
joelr

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Been done--repeatedly. Read the Buhlman book Adventures Beyond the Body. He would find that (a) he forgot, (b) he remembered and wrote on the paper but it didn't show when he woke, (c)he spent all his time and energy with this stupid experiment.

This is NOT an objective experience, for the most part, so experiments to try to "prove" beyond a shadow of a doubt are, by definition, a waste of time. This is SUBJECTIVE and therefore, my experience will differ from yours and everyone elses, even if we could manage to get to the same "place" (which is doubtful) at the same time.

It's the same as people on this site who decide that they will "meet" someone else on the site during a projection. I don't think I've ever heard it be entirely successful. One subject may see the other, but not as they were that night, or both will see different surroundings, or they will just sense the other person but not be sure. And they waste tremendous energy trying to synchronize time zones and get in their astral states at the same times.

Sorry to be so adamant about this but there are so many--STILL--after they have experienced what OBEs are who are trying to "prove" it with a basis that can't be used. There are those who will say that they aren't "real" then.

So be it. You've pretty much missed the point. The other dimensions are based on consciousness and intent of each consciousness--and those always vary from each other.

Again--sorry to come off strong but this strikes me as a waste of time.

Lora

Not to just throw this back at you for the sake of it but I think you may have missed my point.
I understand somewhat what you are saying but it's still a longer way of saying "I slipped into the astral realm". However subjective and consciousness related that realm or realms may be.

I will break it down for sake of clarity. It is explicitly stated in a book by Rick Stack, who was a student of Jane Roberts/Seth, that one can astral travel into the actual physical world. Sometimes a dream state can approximate the real world and fool someone but he still made it clear that it's possible.
So I'm dealing with that supposition only, not the entirety of astral projection.

Experiments seem to show that this is not possible. It may not disprove astral travel as an actual thing rather than just lucid dreaming but it does disprove an aspect of it. It is disappointing but I can't see writing it off as insignificant.

NDE experiences also claim a person exists after death in some spirit form in the physical world. People often describe seeing doctors and such working on their physical body. In some OOBE books authors claim both experiences are similar so by extension astral travel should include real world experiences. No?

But by "waste of time" I take it you mean to say positive results cannot be obtained?

The thread got revived because I was searching to see if any positive test results have been done on OOBE. It's been about 15 years since I read about that stuff. This thread came up in a search and I post here anyways so, boom there it is.
Old 28-06-2014, 12:26 AM
Master
Joelr--

And I guess I didn't make it clear that I think Jane/Seth are mistaken. Yes, people can experience an approximation of what is going on in the physical realm. But I think it is created by the thoughts of those who are in the physical world or have been, and those can also be inaccurate, can cross time periods or can be influenced by desires.

Haven't you noticed that in astral, a room or a scene is maybe 90% like it is in the physical world, but some detail will be off--a window where there isn't one, a couch that is different in real life, some other detail?

And those details are created by thought. Now, we may not know the people who inhabited our homes before we were born, but perhaps (and I'm guessing) their residual "thoughts" of how they see a room still persist. It is documented in almost all the OBE/astral projection books.

I created a target place for me to go in projection. It was my livingroom, so I spent many nights recreating in my head the details of everything in the room, all the things on the shelves, every picture. But just once during this creation process I thought of wanting a table in the livingroom that looked out over the ocean so I could sit down with my guides to discuss things.

It was a kind of naive thought, but when I reached my target spot, everything was exactly as it is in physical--the room, the view out the windows--EXCEPT there was a glass table in the room that isn't there.

So, sometimes we may know what thoughts created the inaccuracy, but often we don't. And that may be the effect of other entities that are there (that we don't expect).

But astral is not physical IMO. It looks like physical but it is just a thought-creation. Therefore, trying to do physical experiments in a non-physical, thought-created world is....sorry, a waste of my time and energy.

You can spend your energy pursuing it if you like. No doubt many governments and militaries have spent much money and effort on it, but it doesn't pan out as they wanted. There is a reason.

I like at least one of the Seth books a lot. But Jane/Seth was not unimpeachable. There were a lot of her later books, while she was sick and wanting to find a cure, that didn't seem to be Seth-like in diction and message and word choice. They seemed to be ideas that Jane had and wanted to broadcast. That's the problem with channeled beings. It's too easy to slip into them saying what we want/desire them to say.

Lora
Old 28-06-2014, 05:55 PM
Newbie ;)

Hello All,

I'm new to this forum and I'd like to thank Songbirds for starting this thread, Joelr for reviving it and Astral Explorer, IsleWalker and others for the very inspiring posts.
Old 28-06-2014, 06:51 PM
Master
De nada, MultiD!
Old 28-06-2014, 08:42 PM
Master

Welcome to the forum Multi.
Robert Monroe would visit people he knew while out of body , see what they were doing , then ask them later . I have yet to have a conscious o.b.e. my self . I did will my self to give my phone # to any one I met while out of body , I did get a bunch of out of state calls where no one would speek , so I have no idea if this is from an o.b.e.