Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 15-02-2019, 12:11 AM
Master
I think the question relates to self-awareness, and how things that are most normal and natural are invisible. For example, in the West we notice Indians have that head wobble, but in India, they don't really notice, 'oh I'm wobbling my head now,' or, 'Oh Patel wobbles his head,' - because head wobbles are completely normal.

'The tiger' is lethal in a normal way, which means our normal, unremarkable, unnoticed, behaviour can be very harmful.

To make 'the tiger' aware of its own deadliness, the tiger has to be aware of what it does, the intent behind it, and the harm it causes. Of course 'the tiger' isn't literally a tiger. It is about yourself being unconsciously normalised into harming yourself and hurting other people.
Old 15-02-2019, 02:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner2013
Hi JustBe,
I understand your sentiment.

Let’s go a step further with this. Let’s say you have a circus lion, a zoo lion, a car safari lion and a savannah lion. Each has its own awareness about humans.

What keeps the circus lion from biting off the head of the lion tamer when he does his circus act from , say, the savannah lion who has little to no contact with humans?

I once saw a herd of wild horses in the Colorado mountains. It was a beautiful sight to see these majestic animals running around in complete natural freedom. I asked my friend, a hunting guide, about them, as I could see there were several different breeds. He said, “You’ll never catch one of those horses. Those are horses that broke away from the farms. They know captivity.” It made the sighting that much more beautiful.

I understand nature, freedom, oneness. But what separates the circus lion from the savannah lion?

By the way, the Dalai Lama has a video out (on Feb 11th) about emotions. A must see.

A whip and food will certainly maintain a wild animal in a circus ring to some degree. I wouldn’t nesecessarily call this “taming the wild beast” but more managing the potential of its nature as it can be in ways to serve human purpose.

Of course in the wild, as a human your not going into the arena uneducated about the lions natural movements in the wild, so you, in this way become a source of prey to the wild animal. In this arena it’s the lions domain, not the human controlled, contained methods to satisfy its own gain. A human without control and the whip becomes an open source to nature’s way. So naturally if your wise you would educate yourself to be aware of its wild nature, otherwise you might lose your head. :)
Old 15-02-2019, 02:54 AM
Pathfinder
Like others have already said, the tiger already knows his nature, my solution to the riddle would be to tie a big juicy steak to the tiger's tail and let him take a bite, that might make him empathize with his prey more but in the end he's still a tiger, and he's gonna eat all the cute little jungle creatures. So maybe what you should do is very slowly walk backwards out of the jungle?
Old 15-02-2019, 01:15 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I think the question relates to self-awareness, and how things that are most normal and natural are invisible. For example, in the West we notice Indians have that head wobble, but in India, they don't really notice, 'oh I'm wobbling my head now,' or, 'Oh Patel wobbles his head,' - because head wobbles are completely normal.

'The tiger' is lethal in a normal way, which means our normal, unremarkable, unnoticed, behaviour can be very harmful.

To make 'the tiger' aware of its own deadliness, the tiger has to be aware of what it does, the intent behind it, and the harm it causes. Of course 'the tiger' isn't literally a tiger. It is about yourself being unconsciously normalised into harming yourself and hurting other people.

yes, yes! The last two sentences resonated energetically with where spirit wants me to go with this. I agree that self-awareness is key here, but a wild animal has no such self-awareness. Hence, the riddle they gave me.

A tiger would attack for two reasons: threat (self-preservation) and hunger
( biological needs). Lethality is the desired outcome for both. But what would be a stop-key?

Spirit didn’t say why would you make a tiger aware... or when would you make it aware...so I feel the answer lies in deciphering a threat from a non-threat?

I meditated and asked for more clarity. The only hint I was given was the word “absence” but that just adds to my maze for a spiritual answer. Like that last word you need to complete a crossword puzzle and the hint doesn’t help.

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 15-02-2019, 01:24 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_fluffet
Like others have already said, the tiger already knows his nature, my solution to the riddle would be to tie a big juicy steak to the tiger's tail and let him take a bite, that might make him empathize with his prey more but in the end he's still a tiger, and he's gonna eat all the cute little jungle creatures. So maybe what you should do is very slowly walk backwards out of the jungle?

I don’t think you can Make a person empathize. If that were the case, there’d be no prisons or Death Row. But I understand your point.

And what if hes in our human domain and not his natural domain. The rules must be different.

Old 15-02-2019, 02:51 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner2013
Here it is: How do you make a tiger aware of its lethalness?
Give it a taste of its own medicine.

People with NPD tend to have only one thinking pattern - their own - and they seem incapable of any other train of thought, they also have their own logic/reasoning and often it doesn't make sense to anyone but themselves. Often they can't process sarcasm or reverse psychology so you can use that to derail their train of thought so you can impose your own unassailable logic and facts.
Old 15-02-2019, 07:22 PM
Master
well this answer may be too simple but it seems like it'd be to cage it, and perhaps the word absence you mentioned means that in the absence of its normal self and livelihood is how you make it aware of its lethalness. lol now I don't know how much this will be appreciated lol but I can't help but think of this profane comedy skit done by a Kat Williams about being a tiger.. may not be applicable but may be enjoyed by some I don't know my fiance loves it I guess cuz he feels like the misunderstood tiger.. the skit in its entirety has some great moments though.. warning there's profanity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCwu0zN-78w

or maybe the answer lies in caging it and releasing it and caging it and releasing it again.. maybe hinting at cyclical progress and healing, etc. and 'absence' further solidifying the message of appreciating what you have when you have it
Old 15-02-2019, 09:19 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Give it a taste of its own medicine.

People with NPD tend to have only one thinking pattern - their own - and they seem incapable of any other train of thought, they also have their own logic/reasoning and often it doesn't make sense to anyone but themselves. Often they can't process sarcasm or reverse psychology so you can use that to derail their train of thought so you can impose your own unassailable logic and facts.

I’m intrigued by such an approach. Can you give me an example of how you would “derail”?

Old 15-02-2019, 09:26 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
well this answer may be too simple but it seems like it'd be to cage it, and perhaps the word absence you mentioned means that in the absence of its normal self and livelihood is how you make it aware of its lethalness. lol now I don't know how much this will be appreciated lol but I can't help but think of this profane comedy skit done by a Kat Williams about being a tiger.. may not be applicable but may be enjoyed by some I don't know my fiance loves it I guess cuz he feels like the misunderstood tiger.. the skit in its entirety has some great moments though.. warning there's profanity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCwu0zN-78w

or maybe the answer lies in caging it and releasing it and caging it and releasing it again.. maybe hinting at cyclical progress and healing, etc. and 'absence' further solidifying the message of appreciating what you have when you have it

Firstly, the skit was hysterical!

Secondly, the answer is here in your reply! I can feel it. Spirit gave me these words as I was watching the skit: “the narcissism is the cage.” I’m still not sure where the “absence” of what comes in, but I’m getting the strong impression that it’s in this skit, funny enough.

Lastly, since developing my empathic skills and meeting my twin flame in 2017, I can no longer watch the movie “The Titanic” or go to zoos. I once went to zoo last year and saw this monkey pacing forever. I tapped in to its energy to esee if it was sick or something and was hit by his depression. I couldn’t stay. But there were some animals who were ok with the zoo life.

Old 16-02-2019, 12:26 AM
Master
aww thank you I'm glad that my post was a contribution to help you solve the riddle lol. yeah if you enjoyed the skit you should check out the whole video.

I have not been to a zoo in a long time, will probably never go back to one, but there is something really cool in my area. it is a safari! in northern Alabama lol! However, your story reminded me of the monkey that was there, one of the two, and it was licking the fence/pole of the cage, poor thing.. very very sad to me, I would probably cry a lot at a zoo lol but that's interesting you say some of the animals don't mind it. I guess it definitely depends. and I am sure some of the zoologists or whatever have loving relationships with some of the animals so that is good.

Well anyways, the safari not too far from my house, you drive through it in your car, and you can get a bucket of food to feed the animals, with red solo kegger type cups lol. I got a picture of a zebra drinking/eating out of one and the sun is shining out of it a little bit and it looks pretty awesome, that zebra apparently really is a party animal though. there've been reports of it doing something to misbehaving patrons, and actually when we were there haha aw there was a brown zebra I guess and it kind of rammed it out of the way twice on both sides of the car when we had stopped to feed it.. feel sorry for the brown zebra just cuz it's not as recognizable or desirable to most as far as zebranesses go, but at least that is one of the only other tragedies there besides the cage licking monkey and maybe a couple other animals or reptiles that are in a separate more enclosed exhibit type area of the safari. they were redoing the reptile place when we went last I guess.

Ok so you drive your car through and there's a short area at the beginning where you have to keep your windows up, but then you get farther in, and it's mostly all just open space with the animals roaming around and you drive around the sides of the area.. and there are bison! they can come right up to your window lol, and emus which are actually super scary *snicker* and obnoxious trying to stick their heads in your car. they are really funny but I wish they'd have a more designated area for them cuz it rains just a drizzle on the rest of the animal experience cuz you have to hurry and roll your windows up if you know/learn what's good for ya.. and they steal cups from you.

lol there are also rams, peacocks mainly near the beginning or end, ok I forgot or am unsure what exactly each animal is so here is their website in case interested in seeing. it says "zebras, zebus, antelope, buffalo, a camel, ostriches, giraffes, a kangaroo and tortoises" but there are some others like an alligator exhibit and I don't know what else but I just thought it was a really cool thing to be able to do in such an area. maybe there is a safari type place not too far from where you live, ya never know!

https://www.huntsville.org/listing/h...ough-nov)/100/

My mom's favorite animal is a zebra so I was excited to take her there when she visited last Summer. but my baby was still too young to appreciate any of it or see much of the animals from her carseat so now that she is about 15 months old we can try taking her again soon