Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 12-02-2019, 06:09 AM
janielee

To me, it is Clarity. It is Transcendence.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:29 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by squadus
The universe is energy, and I can feel it when I meditate by imagining light rays in all directions. The energy from a clear focused mind is powerful enough for one to illuminate their other senses. Meditation is excellent for productivity, planning and ultimately being more effective. Many people do it for relaxation and stress relief, while scholars/athletes will do it for efficiency and health.
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
To me, it is Clarity. It is Transcendence.

I like you guys' description...I guess I was expecting people saying something like, it's the place where they meet creatures they've never seen or landscapes they are not familiar with more or less (the place full of flowers or something...), but what I've found reading you guys' responses is that the abstract description of it gives me more inspiration (and the infinite possibility). Truly inspiring! I like how both of you have no trouble describing it using such a simple word/concept only,too.

I also started liking these days seeing how people are getting different answers from their unique experiences. No reason/need to be the same.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonLon
Hi all,
I was wondering if posting this question at the other category such as spiritual development would be more appropriate, but I chose this one because I was more interested in hearing ideas from people who's actually experiencing "the universe", and know what it feels like, rather than any metaphysical discussions about what/where the universe is.

Cosmic Consciousness reveals that all is what you are.

What you are is universal.

Universal realization is likened to Self realization, the main difference is that there is what you are that is of this mindful universe united rather than there being what you are simply being, beyond anything that can unite.

x daz x
Old 12-02-2019, 10:38 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Cosmic Consciousness reveals that all is what you are.

What you are is universal.

Universal realization is likened to Self realization, the main difference is that there is what you are that is of this mindful universe united rather than there being what you are simply being, beyond anything that can unite.

x daz x

That must be very true, too. We are never separated from the Universe... What we experience as the Universe is what we are...!!: Mine is obviously still a baby....
Old 12-02-2019, 05:14 PM
janielee

Quote:
I like you guys' description...I guess I was expecting people saying something like, it's the place where they meet creatures they've never seen or landscapes they are not familiar with more or less (the place full of flowers or something...), but what I've found reading you guys' responses is that the abstract description of it gives me more inspiration (and the infinite possibility). Truly inspiring! I like how both of you have no trouble describing it using such a simple word/concept only,too.

I also started liking these days seeing how people are getting different answers from their unique experiences. No reason/need to be the same.

In my experience, and training, I am not looking for the next "picture" or "experience" - I seek/sought Ultimate Reality, Truth, Love - the stuff taught by Buddha, Rumi, Jesus. That was always my direction.

My understanding is that people who "see" things - people/places etc - are just playing with different versions and variations of consciousness. Ultimately, those experiences are dissatisfying - even if interesting.

The Clarity I speak of teaches me that there is only the here and now, and that clarity provides clear differentiation of Truth against the backdrop of delusions, passions and emotion.

It allows us to live with our feet a little more on the ground, and hopefully with more peace and compassion in our hearts.

JL
Old 12-02-2019, 07:18 PM
boshy b. good

i want to assume as thirst quenched, inside our eors. i do think
to understand this be personal. thank you for the blessing note
Old 12-02-2019, 09:18 PM
janielee

Thank you boshy b. good.
Old 13-02-2019, 01:41 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
In my experience, and training, I am not looking for the next "picture" or "experience" - I seek/sought Ultimate Reality, Truth, Love - the stuff taught by Buddha, Rumi, Jesus. That was always my direction.

My understanding is that people who "see" things - people/places etc - are just playing with different versions and variations of consciousness. Ultimately, those experiences are dissatisfying - even if interesting.

The Clarity I speak of teaches me that there is only the here and now, and that clarity provides clear differentiation of Truth against the backdrop of delusions, passions and emotion.

It allows us to live with our feet a little more on the ground, and hopefully with more peace and compassion in our hearts.

JL
Soo you are saying, you are not interested in so-called spiritual development, getting any more so-called psychic abilities to experience "the unknown" either?
Lots of people (outside of those who are just busy living their lives and couldn't care less about the things I mentioned above) are very into "evolution" stuff but you are not looking for yourself to evolve into superior being who belongs to the higher dimension or something, either?

I'm asking because your answer is very refreshing to me...I'd even say that's actually something I want to hear from a lot more people for a reason....so I just want to make sure if that's what you are implying here in your response.
Old 13-02-2019, 01:49 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by boshy b. good
i want to assume as thirst quenched, inside our eors. i do think
to understand this be personal. thank you for the blessing note

That's another cool way to describe it, the oasis that exists not outside us but the place that is waiting for us to get back to our own selves so we no longer lack anything?

I also think the universe gives us the sense of gratitude, just like you are doing here, too!
Old 13-02-2019, 05:55 AM
janielee

Quote:
Soo you are saying, you are not interested in so-called spiritual development, getting any more so-called psychic abilities to experience "the unknown" either?:

To me, spiritual development IS Clarity, IS Truth, IS compassion/love/unity.

In my own world view, and training, things such as "abilities" "experiences" and the like are not primary, nor are they necessary. As one develops in harmony with Universal Truth, such things may come, but they are ancillary aspects to the goals I have.

The "unknown" is magical - in itself.

Abilities of the psychic kind are not necessarily reflective of any genuine spiritual development (in as much taught by some of the Awakened Masters of our time).

Quote:
Lots of people (outside of those who are just busy living their lives and couldn't care less about the things I mentioned above) are very into "evolution" stuff but you are not looking for yourself to evolve into superior being who belongs to the higher dimension or something, either?

Evolved, higher, lower, dimensions. These are all concepts. I seek that which is beyond concept, even though we use words to talk on a forum.

I seek the road, not the ideas. Too many concepts cloud the mind, sets up expectations (and disappointment). Isn't it better to walk with your own two feet than live up to some fantasy maps some people put up? I prefer the life of practice, not the practice of life.

Quote:
I'm asking because your answer is very refreshing to me...I'd even say that's actually something I want to hear from a lot more people for a reason....so I just want to make sure if that's what you are implying here in your response.

I think you have read me correctly. Noting that I have myself had my fair share of mystical revelations, like so many, but I trust in the Wisdom of the Way such that if the practice of Unity/Love/Compassion/Truth v Delusion is kept up, when appropriate, I believe things are naturally granted.

Interestingly, it is the "Unknown" which is the life of intuitive instinct, in my opinion.

Hope this helps you in some way, LonLon.

JL