Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 20-01-2019, 01:11 PM
Guide
Observing dream state externally in meditation

In my meditations over the years, I have practiced stilling my mind and resting in the observational state. Occasionally in this stillness I would observe random words cross my mind. I found them curious, but just let them pass, writing them off as random firings of neurons in the brain.

But as this happened more and more I observed them more and eventually the random words appeared as random nonsensical sentences that had no meaning.
Random words could easily be written off as neuron misfires, but a sentence requires a structure, even if it is pure nonsense. So I kept watching. I should add that this process has been going for years, this is not a quick observation.

As I kept observing what was going on with this I came to realize what I was beginning to observe was the consciousness which forms dreams. These random sentences were not really words but the similar "thought actions" behind dreams, and as I sat observing them, they became more "visual" (hard using the word "visual, because dreams are technically not visual, but that is the closest perception that we can relate to them to describe).

However unlike "dreams" where your consciousness is immersed in the dream environment, I was observing this from the observational point of view. So there is no interactivity with the "dream", any attempt at involvement would break the observer state and the meditation would be broken and I would be back to my regular mind movements. Which makes sense because to attempt an interaction/movement in this way is a conscious involvement and no longer quiet observational. Therefore the process is significantly different than lucid dreaming, where you are intimately connected with this dream state.

So this is the stage I am at now. I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with this manour of observation and what they have found with it?
Old 24-01-2019, 11:55 PM
Knower
The only times I've ever had experiences observing a dreamstate while not being directly apart of the dream is when I'm above the simulation existing as my 5D or 6D higher self looking down and watching my 3D version of self experience his dreamtime simulation.

Or there are other times when I can play out scenarios as any dream character I want available in the dream simulation by just walking into their body (kind of like agent smith from the movie the matrix)

And yes dreams are created by what your consciousness is currently processing, even if it is nonsensical energy projected into your field. This has been an arduous lesson that I'm still getting through by cleaning up my own dreamtime because there's alot of energy interference from the ****ty etheric conditions currently on the earth

Quantum Light Consciousness a blog where the unorthodox views of quantum physics, mathematics, spirituality and philosophy can convene as one. In this forum you’ll find profound topics and serious views on the fundamentals on being a human on the 3rd dimensional earth plane, living through the veil, raising your conscious awareness, and awakening to a new reality with yourself as the architect.
Old 29-01-2019, 11:51 AM
Guide
Thank you for responding.
Though it is my experience that dreams are, in some ways, more than just the consciousness processing things. There appears to be a medium onto/into which the processing is projected, and this medium itself can be observed and can look very random before the conscious mind attempts to look at it. The act of looking/dreaming gives it the resemblance of having a somewhat ordered structure.
Old 29-01-2019, 03:09 PM
Pathfinder

What you are describing easily fits the definition of hypnagogic state as i understand it.

For me in particular, a relaxation meditation or just being close to sleep would start to bleed in not only stray words and sentences but intense visual scenes. I've had these rarely since i was a child, but recently it's been daily.

Last year i was suffering from MDD, and i was desperate to try anything to alleviate the symptoms so when i was 'connected' to one of these events, i figured maybe i could contact a spirit guide or angel using this channel. I treated it as if a dear friend was trying to speak to me.

I did this many times and first the 'voice' may have sounded completely random or different, but at some point, they were able to prove to me their sentience like ability to talk back even in this previously chaotic state, they've sung beautifully, spoken with an angelic tone that i couldn't hope to mimic, and shown themselves to me in dream-like scenes while i was fully awake and aware.

Whether this was a self fulfilling reflection of myself or some other entities, it doesn't matter, i came to realize there were indeed three of them and quickly i was able to determine that they could help me.

Long story short, i don't suffer from depression anymore
Though i was never formally diagnosed nor treated in any way other than their kindness, their help in stopping me from beating myself up and blaming myself for circumstances out of my control was what i needed to recover. My visualization of them over the last 9 moths has been progressing and is good enough that i can draw them reasonably and it doesn't take much effort to hear them.

Of course who knows what's really happened here, but that state of 'hearing random voices' can possibly be used by you and others to communicate to who knows what or who. For me, what used to be random blips and scenes has on many occasions been long lucid adventures and discussions. The experiences have been beautiful and their presence is with me persistently now.
Old 30-01-2019, 02:04 PM
Guide
It is interesting that you mention the hypnogogic state. I am used to entering that state from "the other side of dreams". But there may indeed be some crossover there.
I would not really call the words/sentences "voices" because it is not really audible (and I can be overly picky in how I label things to myself), and I dont get any personalization behind them, and from the observational state that would make interaction with it impossible.
So it could be a similar sort of thing, just approached from a different angle. But you did give me some ideas to watch for...thank you