Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 03-01-2019, 04:26 PM
Guide

I do so appreciate this new thread! I hope it keeps going. I’ve been away over the holidays and just getting in gear now. Happy New Year!

It’s true, I’ve become bored lately with my 3 and 4 card spreads, when it feels I’m always working in a pinch.
I am not unfamiliar with CC by any means, but know myself to be a slow reader. Practicing this spread by reading for others will take time, but as Pandora points out, a good opportunity to review slight variations and choose the best fit.

Hoping to participate soon! You gals have set the bar high
Old 03-01-2019, 04:34 PM
Master

@Anne - Happy new year to you too! :) Given what I remember of your reading style, I think this thread should definitely be within your capabilities and a well-positioned challenge level for you. By all means jump in! Don't worry about familiarity or speed; both come with experience :)

(Pandora and I are figuring things out as we go along too, I'm sure you'll start to see me whinge about card positions shortly hahaha)
Old 03-01-2019, 05:00 PM
Master

Feedback for Pandora

Secret? I rarely look at photos of cards. Haha! I figure, the cards or positioning don't matter, but the reader's interpretation of them do. But I appreciate other people seem to love photos of the cards (esp paid readings as it's like "proof" that the reading was performed in person), so...

I'll do the same as you and write coloured in-text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora.
Oh well. No-one else seems to have stepped up to have a go, so I'll do the next one for tealily. I'm really enjoying this thread, as it gives me an opportunity to try out different versions to ascertain which I may prefer.

So based on love relationships for 2019 ...

The first two positions were The Hanged Man reversed crossed by the Knight of Wands.

The Hanged Man reversed feels like feeling tied down to other things. This could be more like an excuse card, "I'm too busy", "I don't have the time". Maybe a bit of a martyr thing going on here, feeling that you're too busy sacrificing your time and energy keeping you out of the ballpark, yet inner knowing that you can free yourself and make the time and effort to start putting yourself out there.

Oh mate, this. So much this. Haha! EDIT: Just remembered my main issue for being off dating right now is because I put on weight and feel really self-conscious about it. All my friends I've spoken to about this think it's a ridiculous reason to justify not even trying

The Knight of Wands is a very action orientate card - he's passionate and exciting and loves nothing more than a quest to alight his passion (notice I said HIS passion). However, he's an in and out type of guy, which makes me wonder if you're hesitant to get back on the horse and have to deal with men who like to wave their wand around and have to put up with men who exude the Knight of Wands energy - here one day and gone the next. A bit like an exciting night of passion which just turns out to be a one night stand and doesn't develop into anything lasting or worthwhile. This card reminds me of Tarzan - and hence men who like puffing out their chests to make them stand out more to attract a sexual mate.

We next move to Unconscious which is the 5 of Wands reversed. In this instance, I feel this is coming up as an inner fear. You're not enthralled with the dating scene, all the competition and having to put up with men trying to prove they've got the biggest stick. Trying to discern between genuine contenders and all the men who are only after one thing really puts you off and makes you feel it's all just too much work. Given the competition nature of this card generally, I also wonder if men find you superior in some way and feel they can't compare or have to really go the yard to prove their worth. In any case, I think this card links well with the Knight of Wands energy generally as men who like to think they're God's gift.

For the past we have the 8 of Pentacles reversed, which feels like you've been doing some work on an internal level to try and rediscover your passion which is now leading to The Hanged Man reversed - wanting a shift from being in the Hanged Man mode.

Yup, all these things as well. I think the last time I tried online dating I almost started collecting stories for my friends - there was "Rub My Belly" guy, there was "I Just Wanted A Booty Call" guy, there was "And This Was The Year I Decided I Was Going To Get A Girlfriend" guy, etc.

Professionally I've had issues with insecure men who can't handle my level of ambition/professional inner security (which is SO funny because I had to take a few years off dating to work on my inner security, and now it's like I'm too far the other way hahaha) - I also want someone who could be a friend, which means keeping up with both my intellectual level + my laid back goofy side, and that's a hard thing. I've noticed a lot of guys are either ambitious and pretentious, or laid back and can't keep up with me intellectually. Finding available guys in the middle who don't have hectic emotional baggage from previous relationships is tough

There's actually a few different things that come up here. It could also indicate you're now in a better position to put things on the back burner to have more inclination to start exploring dating possibilities, but given The Hanged Man, I feel there's been a fair bit of soul searching trying to work out what you want and how to get it to bring more fulfilment in your life, though you're still holding back.

The 8 of Pentacles reversed could also point to having put a great deal of work into a past relationship which didn't work out and now not relishing the thought of developing a lot of time and work into a relationship in case it turns out to be a dud.

THIS!

For Conscious, Temperance indicates you really want to find a good balance in your life. Ideally you'd like a relationship that fits in and is adaptable to your current lifestyle and commitments. You don't want someone who is going to consume your every minute, who may be too possessive or demanding and who is prepared to put in the work to establish a solid relationship. It's almost like you've got a recipe for who you'd like to be your perfect mate.

This

For the future we get the 10 of Cups. This feels like the drought may have broken in the sense that you may be more open to fulfilling opportunities and possibilities.

Given the remainder of the spread, I don't see this as a happily ever after card, but rather a shift in your perspective, again linked back to The Hanged Man reversed. You realise there may be openings for you if you choose to take them. I also see this as a realisation that you really do have a lot to be happy about, as this card to me also indicates happy family and community relationships and the realisation of what a fulfilling relationship means to you. However, this may simply be someone who looks promising that you consider, who seems to have the family orientated type of qualities that are balanced (which I get from Temperance and the fact there are two children in the 10 of Cups - one boy and one girl - a nice balance and what everyone seems to want).

The Ace of Cups reversed appeared for the position of how you see yourself. This makes me think that you're nursing some previous issues which has caused a block emotionally. There's some issues you need to work through, forgiving others but most importantly, forgiving yourself. Once you get your heart chakra flowing again, you'll be in a better position to be able to welcome love into your life. This card feels like you're more likely to turn down opportunities if they present themselves for a host of reasons supported by the cards in the cross section of the spread - too good to be true, too much work, not really what you think you want, too arrogant, too cocky, etc.

Also this - there's a fear of being hurt, a fear of wasting my emotional energy though. I've been trying to work on reminding myself I'm a much stronger person than I was the last time I tried dating. Also, circumstances are different now - financially and professionally, I'm more independent and more established, and I think having those things are really important for women and feeling equal in a relationship.

Ace of Wands showed up for External Environment and is telling me your friends want you to just go for it. They see the potential for you to let your hair down and to find more passion and excitement in your life, encouraging you to embrace more opportunities and shake things up a bit. They may even secretly (or not so secretly) want to see you get laid.

Hahaha knowing my friends, can totally see this. One of my closest friends gets really involved - she wants to see photos of when I get dolled up etc because it rarely happens anymore.

The advice card was the 4 of Pentacles. This seems to indicate you should hold on to what you value and what is dear to your heart. Focus on continuing to build security and stability in your life and don't compromise on your values and beliefs.

100% agree, roger this

The key is to continue to build a solid foundation by concentrating on what is important to you, even if it may make you feel a bit alienated or isolated because you aren't in the "perfect" relationship with someone. By having a strong core, and keeping your head firmly on your shoulders, you'll be in a better position in the future to unlock potential fulfilment from a relationship.

For the outcome/future possibilities the Knight of Cups reversed shows his face. I feel this indicates that you will have opportunities however, you'll be more inclined to dismiss them and focus on other areas of your life - possibly because of the Ace of Cups reversed holding you back, as well as the Knight of Wands and the 5 of Wands reversed - just not wanting to get caught up or have to deal with men that don't appeal.

Am aware of this; financial security to me trumps everything right now (worrying about money and ability to pay bills is A THING). So part of my 2019 plan is to really work on my financial security so I can eliminate "not wanting to get caught up" as a barrier to seeking new love.

The conscious and unconscious aspects are reiterating that you really don't want the hassle of a relationship at present and simply can't be bothered with all the baggage that comes with the territory when trying to find a partner.

When we look at the 10 of Cups and the Knight of Cups reversed, I get the impression that you're not the type of woman who favours getting lost in idyllic dreams and fantasies and would rather something more solid. Temperance and the 4 of Pentacles are lined up indicating you opt for more balance and groundedness, preferring the tangible as opposed to the unrealistic.

Looking at all the three cup cards together, it appears you are realistic as to what you want and aren't quite ready yet but I don't think this really worries you that much, as you have a solid grasp on reality and know what you want and what direction you want to go in.

Your friends may want you to enjoy the passionate side of life more but I think you'll stick with a more reliable approach as opposed to a risky approach, just for the sake of a bit of excitement.

Interestingly, there weren't any Swords at all in this reading, which generally speaking, I tend to associate with conflict and difficulties. So this is reassuring that you won't have any major romantic disasters or any adverse negativity.

It's also interesting to note that you had two Knights in this reading. Looking over the spread again, I feel there is going to be something that will be offered to you but you're going to turn it down. You may feel it's not what it's cracked up to be, or you don't want to get caught getting lost in your emotions, for fear of something not working out.

I drew a couple of cards from oracle decks I recently got, just for the fun of it.

I drew "New Love" and "Regeneration" reversed.

I wonder if this is indicating that you will indeed have an opportunity some time this year. I don't think the "New Love" indicates a soul partner type of affair, but it may be you meet someone who stirs you or that you are interested in.

Regeneration reversed indicates a new opportunity but it focuses on the need to let go of something before the new opportunity can be realised.

Not sure if those cards tie in with the reading all that well, unless we look again at the Ace of Cups reversed as far as needing to get rid of some blockage.
EDIT: Maybe my hangups around body image?

New Love may have a link to the 10 of Cups and the Knight of Cups reversed. Perhaps you'll meet someone who stirs that 10 of Cups feelings but dismiss it with the Knight of Cups reversed.

Not too sure if that reading was much help, but hopefully it highlights some things that may give cause for pause. :)
Thanks for the reading! I've had a number of readers suggest I might find someone in the next 12 months (for posterity I need to note this has been said for last year too). My biggest "most likely" fear is that I'll be bogged down in work, fears about money and/or fears about emotion compromise affecting the quality of my work, and miss opportunities in love because I'm focusing on that or prioritising that.

Next reading for Pandora:
I'll follow tealily's lead, though not for romance. General relationship reading for 2019.

Last edited by tealily : 03-01-2019 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:35 PM
Master

Reading for Pandora

So what I'm noticing so far is that the CC gives lots of contextual info, lots of reflective info, but is heavy on "how things are" - I really miss a lot of the advice-based cards in other spreads as I like giving readings which feel empowering and motivating. Hmm, how to do that without adding cards... haha

General, non-romantic relationship reading for 2019

At heart there's still a lot of emotional pain (10 of Sw crossed by 3 of Sw). At times you may still feel beset by anxiety (9 of Swords) but I think one of your primary challenges to being happy in the non-romantic relationships around you seems to be impatience (Temperance reversed).

What's love about this spread is that I'm seeing people around you in the past (2 of Cups) and ahead of you, where you're going, it only gets better and stronger (The Lovers). Behind you is this sense of making do and getting by on the seat of your pants, going through the motions and perhaps your heart wasn't in it (7 of Swords) but in the months ahead, I actually think you're going to heal and build a lot of inner security again, and work your way back into your seat of power (High Priestess). This is a really strong feminine position, which matches being matriarch of a family.

The energy around you with respect to relationships is in knowing what's ahead, having degree of acceptance and now just waiting for the next stage (Moon rev). Environmentally, you may be beginning to heal - some of this seems to be around family but I'm also getting the distinct impression that having someone or something to nurture is important for you (Star).

Tarot Lady tends to go a bit life-coachy sometimes and I'm going to do the same here/take it a step further -

When I look at these cards, I see a person + feelings, and a degree of discomfort and issue around relationships is going to be related to that particular combinations. If you can get the emotions settled - whether that's inner work, professional help as needed (ZERO judgement around this; there are also some cool online therapy services available now. Thankyou internet!) etc - then you might find things lift up a lot. I use the Headspace meditation app (they call it a 'gym for the mind' - orange circle on white background, and I love it - they introduced a new Grief module last year.

All your 'in the future' type cards are amazing - High Priestess, The Lovers. There's capacity for a lot of healing here - you're a person that's going to be a lot better with other people and creatures to love in your life, so hopefully when you get the physical/logistical things settled, you can do those again. I don't know whether offering to be a dog walker/pet sitter is a possibility in your area, but even something like that might help fill a gap.

In terms of patience (Temperance reversed) - readers typically sit around going 'give this more time' and this is true, but in my non-tarot experience I've noticed people aren't happy with that! :) Something I often draw on is the SMART goal-setting framework - for example, "my anxiety is currently 8/10 daily - my goal is to get my anxiety peaks to a 6.5/10 max as measured daily within the next two weeks". People often need a sense of "win" or something concrete to work on - and a lot of that can be achieved even with mental/emotional goals. Give yourself something specific to work on, a 'win' you can work towards.

Next reading for tealily
Ok, so we've been playing with CC with generalised spreads - can it handle a more specific question? Does it get more helpful with a specific question?

I'm planning on moving in the next few months as our lease is up. I've got a few options around locking in something earlier and paying double rent for a while vs locking something in as close to my lease end date as possible, paying for a professional mover vs begging friends/family and doing lots of small trips myself, going for a tiny little apartment vs something more comfortable etc (my financial situation is so... fluid... it's been hard to budget)

Q: How should I proceed if I wish to my next house move as successful as possible?
Old 03-01-2019, 06:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tealily
Reading for Pandora

So what I'm noticing so far is that the CC gives lots of contextual info, lots of reflective info, but is heavy on "how things are" - I really miss a lot of the advice-based cards in other spreads as I like giving readings which feel empowering and motivating. Hmm, how to do that without adding cards... haha

General, non-romantic relationship reading for 2019

At heart there's still a lot of emotional pain (10 of Sw crossed by 3 of Sw). At times you may still feel beset by anxiety (9 of Swords) but I think one of your primary challenges to being happy in the non-romantic relationships around you seems to be impatience (Temperance reversed).

Yep. Absolutely.

What's love about this spread is that I'm seeing people around you in the past (2 of Cups) and ahead of you, where you're going, it only gets better and stronger (The Lovers). Behind you is this sense of making do and getting by on the seat of your pants, going through the motions and perhaps your heart wasn't in it (7 of Swords) but in the months ahead, I actually think you're going to heal and build a lot of inner security again, and work your way back into your seat of power (High Priestess). This is a really strong feminine position, which matches being matriarch of a family.

Yep. Makes sense. I've had The Lovers come up a number of times which I think may indicate a partnership with my son as we're hoping to start a nursery and have a family business happening.

The energy around you with respect to relationships is in knowing what's ahead, having degree of acceptance and now just waiting for the next stage (Moon rev). Environmentally, you may be beginning to heal - some of this seems to be around family but I'm also getting the distinct impression that having someone or something to nurture is important for you (Star).

Hahaha. Yeah, I'm definitely happier when I've got someone or something to nurture. No doubt.

Tarot Lady tends to go a bit life-coachy sometimes and I'm going to do the same here/take it a step further -

When I look at these cards, I see a person + feelings, and a degree of discomfort and issue around relationships is going to be related to that particular combinations. If you can get the emotions settled - whether that's inner work, professional help as needed (ZERO judgement around this; there are also some cool online therapy services available now. Thankyou internet!) etc - then you might find things lift up a lot. I use the Headspace meditation app (they call it a 'gym for the mind' - orange circle on white background, and I love it - they introduced a new Grief module last year.

Great advice. I actually did a brilliant course run by Macquarie Uni. I found it much more pro-active compared to counsellors. I'll check out the Headspace meditation.

All your 'in the future' type cards are amazing - High Priestess, The Lovers. There's capacity for a lot of healing here - you're a person that's going to be a lot better with other people and creatures to love in your life, so hopefully when you get the physical/logistical things settled, you can do those again. I don't know whether offering to be a dog walker/pet sitter is a possibility in your area, but even something like that might help fill a gap.

Sounds promising!

In terms of patience (Temperance reversed) - readers typically sit around going 'give this more time' and this is true, but in my non-tarot experience I've noticed people aren't happy with that! :) Something I often draw on is the SMART goal-setting framework - for example, "my anxiety is currently 8/10 daily - my goal is to get my anxiety peaks to a 6.5/10 max as measured daily within the next two weeks". People often need a sense of "win" or something concrete to work on - and a lot of that can be achieved even with mental/emotional goals. Give yourself something specific to work on, a 'win' you can work towards.

Next reading for tealily
Ok, so we've been playing with CC with generalised spreads - can it handle a more specific question? Does it get more helpful with a specific question?

I'm planning on moving in the next few months as our lease is up. I've got a few options around locking in something earlier and paying double rent for a while vs locking something in as close to my lease end date as possible, paying for a professional mover vs begging friends/family and doing lots of small trips myself, going for a tiny little apartment vs something more comfortable etc (my financial situation is so... fluid... it's been hard to budget)

Q: How should I proceed if I wish to my next house move as successful as possible?

Thanks for the reading - resonated beautifully as usual.

I'd definitely be willing to give a more specific question a go. A great learning experience.

Next reading for tealily:
Old 03-01-2019, 06:38 PM
Master

Nursery would be PERFECT! I forgot about plants - all I saw was The Star watering things and assumed it must be related to mammals somehow, missed that obvious connection to watering plants haha. Have you got some cute plant babies to love?

Q: How should I proceed if I wish my next house move to be as successful as possible?
Old 03-01-2019, 08:36 PM
Deactivated Account

Happy New Year, I missed you guys. I'll try and stick a play in late tonight if I get a chance. Celtic cross was always intimidating for me. Maybe a good time to learn!
Tootles.
Old 04-01-2019, 01:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tealily
Nursery would be PERFECT! I forgot about plants - all I saw was The Star watering things and assumed it must be related to mammals somehow, missed that obvious connection to watering plants haha. Have you got some cute plant babies to love?

Q: How should I proceed if I wish my next house move to be as successful as possible?

Hahaha. In the first reading I think you drew Page of Pentacles, which also comes up a lot and I tend to connect with the nursery business idea thing. As far as The Star - you're still spot on with the nurturing, the plant connection is an added layer.

My son manages a large wholesale nursery and his girlfriend is a horticulturist, also working at a nursery. My son also makes and sells bonsai plants from home and his girlfriend make and sell these adorable "air" plants. It's like a freaking plant fest here! I think they'll do very well. My son's boss has two nurseries in NSW, one in the Southern Highlands and one near Byron Bay and my son has been mentored by him to set up his own nursery. I reckon it'll be a great opportunity but really hard to find the right property in my price range - water and cleared land being the biggest hurdles.

[/quote]
Old 04-01-2019, 01:11 AM
Master
Hi Anne and Clover! Hope you can join in and get some fun practice in!

[/quote]
Old 04-01-2019, 11:18 AM
Master
How should tealily proceed to enable her next house move to be as successful as possible?

This was quite a tricky reading. Interesting but challenging given the nature of the CC. It's great being able to experiment like this.

I used yet another version of the CC, so I'll walk through it as we go.

The first card is the general atmosphere surrounding the question and the second card is the opposing force - what's hindering the first card.

So we have the 2 of Swords crossed by the King of Wands. This feels like a sitting on the fence type of card, procrastinating and not making any decision either way. So the atmosphere seems to be one of confusion, which is hindered by the King of Wands. In this instance, I feel it's someone else who's trying to put their oar in and influence the situation. They like to think they're right, are strong willed and like taking charge, expecting others to follow suit.

The next card is the 2 of Pentacles, which represents the foundation, which is something in the past that has influence. This shows your ability to cope under very difficult and trying situations. You're able to be flexible and adaptable and always manage to land on your feet. Notice this is also a "2", which is involved with decisions. Given that idea, I think there may be a decision to consider regarding your financial situation, which in the past has been a bit up and down. So you'll carry that in the future to help you decide what to do.

The 7 of Cups represents an influence that's passing away. Seeing as this is a card about options and choices, I feel that you're in danger of missing the boat so to speak. You may have a few different options up your sleeve now but they will be gone shortly, meaning you can't rely on opportunities you have now being available in the near future. So you need to act on them sooner rather than later if you want them. Given this card is also about making the "right" choice, I think that will have some bearing. There may be places you'd love but you'll look at them carefully and work out just how feasible or sensible they are and given the rest of the spread, I feel you'll opt for the logical, sensible, practical approach.

Then we have the 3 of Cups in the position of what you may have (if you want it). This is a very positive card, showing success, joy, celebration and all that jazz. I tend to see this card as a "group" card, which makes me feel there may be an option involving other people (not sure if you're moving on your own or what the story is). It tells me that there's a group of people you get on with and would be happy in their company. I wonder if that has anything to do with the options in the 7 of Cups? Hmmm. Don't know.

Anyway, the Ace of Cups reversed represents what will come (you can't avoid this aspect). This tells me of a disappointment. If we look at the 7 of Cups as the past influence fading away, the 2 of Swords and the King of Wands crossing then the future Ace of Cups reversed, it tells a story of missing out on an opportunity because you didn't act quickly enough and were negatively influenced by someone who is involved in the situation. Perhaps that's the 3 of Cups that you miss out on and hence are a bit disappointed as you felt it would be a great opportunity and you'd be really happy about it.

The 5 of Wands in the position of what's happening now, at this minute, tells of confusion and conflicting views. There's no agreement here, once again this makes me think there's other people involved in the whole scenario. There seems to be a lack of co-operation, carrying on about how "this is the best option ... no, no, this is definitely the best option ... no, no, this is what should be done" type of thing. No-one seems to know what the hell they want or are doing.

The Knight of Pentacles reversed comes up as the influence of other people. This reflects back on the King of Wands crossing and bares weight with the 5 of Wands. I feel this is someone who is *****ing about money, not having enough money, not wanting to spend too much money or whatever. We've also got that 2 of Pentacles remember, so there's a definite worry or concern about the financial aspect that is going to have a bearing on what you decide to do.

Then The Chariot comes up for hopes. This is fairly self-explanatory as this shows your desire to move without any major dramas or conflicts, and successfully find where you want to go.

The final card for outcome is the Queen of Swords which indicates to me that you'll look at the situation logically and not be influenced emotionally to arrive at a sound decision. It may not be ideal, but it will be the right decision, meaning you may end up having to forego some of the more pleasing 3 of Cups type of energy.

So basically, I don't think this spread is much help for this type of question, or not this version, anyway.

From what I can deduce, there's other people who are influencing what you're going to do, as well as a concern about money, which may cause you to lose out on a good opportunity, but you'll still succeed and move successfully by being flexible and adaptable and adjusting what you do. I don't think it tells you what you "should" do specifically, rather gives a glimpse of what you can expect and perhaps what you can minimise to make it easier and ultimately successful by using your Queen of Swords energy.

Good luck with that .... (hahahaha) :)

Next reading for Pandora:

I'm following tealily here. How should I proceed regarding finding a suitable property to purchase.