Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Light Workers & Earth Angels

Old 28-03-2013, 04:33 PM
Master

Question Early retirement

I always have felt that once one starts/answers the call for Lightworking then its an eternal vocation.. am thinking you don't get to quit but considering early retirement.

How I started..unaware of what I was doing.. but the call was strong and I saved her life and I just did what I had to..

I now like many do choose who to help as I realise we cannot help everyone and the beacon to help never switches off.. so even if I try not to.. somehow I will be involved somehow.

Recently helping and assisted has resulted in unnecessary pain and suffering for me.. if I had turned my back on them I may have had a small amount of guilt.. but nothing compared to what they have inflicted on me..maybe they do not realise and that is their lesson to learn, but I no longer wish to be a conduit in this type of lesson ( not the first time),and as a result am no longer wish to /am reluctant to help anyone.

In my other posts, helping is thankless at times whilst we do not need to be thanked an excessive amount of absorbing others 'bad karma' is hard and painstaking, and being the brunt of others lessons.

I see lightworking as helping.. martyrdom to be a pawn to be used as an example for lessons is not in the job description, maybe once or twice but no more.. the spiritual path is difficult enough without additional issues that are a result of helping others.. a complete imbalance. I did this once and accepted that pain ( loss of money/home/reputation/mentality) but just because I did it and survived does not mean I am willing to do it again.

Has anyone else resigned or quit? I don't see quitting as an option, maybe a sabbatical.. but also officially PTB you need to tell the others guides( the ones I am helping)they have to do their part and don't leave it to me. ( From experience, others guides have come to me and asked me to help their charges..)

Got that off my chest..
Froe:
Old 28-03-2013, 06:01 PM
Master

Helping is a one way road; don't expect to get anything back but more queries for help. And the total of people with needs is far larger that what any one or even what the universe's total of helpers can supply, partly because of everyone who happily bases their existence of asking for everything they can think of wanting. So we help those who come into our path and that we think we can and want to help, and otherwise leave the rest of those in need to others. If we need a break, we take it. Noone else will be giving us any. Not even the guides of those who want our help - those guides are generally good people but their charge is their priority and not the mental health of the helpers. But as for retiring.... I don't think we can. It would be like retiring a core part of our nature. We WANT to help, when it comes down to it.
Old 28-03-2013, 06:35 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
Helping is a one way road; don't expect to get anything back but more queries for help. And the total of people with needs is far larger that what any one or even what the universe's total of helpers can supply, partly because of everyone who happily bases their existence of asking for everything they can think of wanting. So we help those who come into our path and that we think we can and want to help, and otherwise leave the rest of those in need to others. If we need a break, we take it. Noone else will be giving us any. Not even the guides of those who want our help - those guides are generally good people but their charge is their priority and not the mental health of the helpers. But as for retiring.... I don't think we can. It would be like retiring a core part of our nature. We WANT to help, when it comes down to it.

Thanks dear friend.just needed to get that out of my system..
Old 29-03-2013, 02:20 PM
Master

I think perhaps it depends a bit what you mean. For example. Some lightworking is about just being, just breathing, just existing in a room, even doing your groceries, sitting quietly at home, watching the telly ... who knows what energetics explode through us whilst resting.

So, the above are all examples of what I would call passive lightworking. Very much egoless as I'm not trying to do anything to impact elsewhere. And very necessary too.

So, no, you can't quit. YOu can't resign. Until you stop breathing.

you can take a break / quit active work - whatever form that may take. But don't underestimate the power of a beating heart, of a breathing person.
Old 29-03-2013, 03:00 PM
Quagmire

There exist no boundaries to what you can. If the light worker thing does not work for you then either put it to rest or reshape it to fit you; instead of making you fit the light worker thing. The more you are in balance with your Self the more you shine your light... some simply are better light workers by not being light workers.
Old 30-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Master

Officially having the weekend off!
Old 30-03-2013, 08:51 PM
Master

From breathing? From living ???

but yes, pour yourself a drink, have some chocolate, and watch bad telly. It's good for the soul.
Old 30-03-2013, 08:57 PM
Master

Well currently I am a recluse living alone I see no one and speak to no one for days on end..
Old 30-03-2013, 09:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by froebellian
Well currently I am a recluse living alone I see no one and speak to no one for days on end..

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh bliss. Solitude.
Old 31-03-2013, 10:31 PM
VesicaPhoenix11

Book1

I first ran across the term "Lightworker" a few years ago - and while it resonates very deeply within me I do not claim to be any one thing, definitions of what I am can be so.... limiting - and the description fits my inner self.

In this life my calling is to serve those who are seeking healing (either consciousy or unconsciously) - and at first in following that calling I opened myself up to any soul who happened along my path that seemed in need of my services. But - what I found after many years was that even those who work in the light have lessons still to be learned - boundaries is a big one for me.

Often, those who seek to serve feel as if they must serve any and all and if they turn away from those in need that they are not honoring their calling. I say bah! Its a trick of perception. We are always serving - as Belle said, simply be being and focusing on healing for all we send a wave out that has effect on the souls it touches.

If, we find ourselves in a place where the work has become a burden and the souls we have invited inhave trampled our gifts it may be a sign that in order to fully serve we must first respect our self and our space and at times this requires discretion and discrimination on who we allow in. And remember, your energy, your thoughts, your being do more of the work than you ever could on the physical. We are all connected and even if you turn a soul away from your physical door because of the damage thay may wreak in your space - you can still meditate upon them and send light to heal them in a way that honors your own being as well. You do not have to be a sacrifice in order to serve.

No - I dont think you can quit, its part and parcel of who you are if you've been called to this path and even if you think you do quit - you haven't. But, I do think you can reframe what it means to you and you can ask the divine within to guide you to a balanced path where the work is joyous, always.

Much light and love to you upon your path.