Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 20-11-2018, 03:24 PM
Experiencer

Husband's kundalini and raising ego

Hi,

My husband's kundalini was activated spontaneously about 2 years ago. I am not exactly sure how or why, since he was not a spiritual person and didn't even know what it was. This happened when I was out of state. Poor guy was terrified. When it was all said and done, a voice said to him "I left you with instructions". Following that, he started getting sensitive to energies of other people, was able to hear and feel crystals, can see things, and even had to deal with negative energies attaching to him (and me unknowingly). I know it was kundalini because he explained the whole process and I already knew about it at that time because it was an interest of research of mine.

I can't say I was a little jealous, since I have always been the one who wore crystals, was interested in spiritual and metaphysics, kundalini, meditations, etc. He thought all of that was stupid, and now, he is just as interested in that stuff now (which I guess is a good thing we now have that interest in common).

My problem is, his ego has gone through the roof. He always says things like "I told you I am physic" and "if there were more people like me in this world, that wouldn't happen" And he reminds me that his kundalini is activated a few times a week trying to prove how he is better than everyone else. He preaches to all of his friends to the point were they fight and leave the house. He gets mad at me when he talks about astrology (and explains just how talented he is in it, even though he thought it was fake science before) I am not very interested in astrology and he gets upset with me when I just don't "feel like listening" tonight.

He thinks and even says that he is the son of god or man, I forget, I think he says both and the messiah. He says he can heal people even though he hasn't done so to prove his theory. Every SINGLE day it is him bragging about himself. I know I sound envious, and I admit, I am...because why would someone like him get this gift when someone like me that has been working toward it for years doesn't? But the point is, he just can't stop talking about how he is "the chosen one" and I don't believe he is to be honest. I get some frustrated with this every day. I don't know how to handle this anymore.

He is always correcting me and telling me I don't know what I am talking about and telling me that I am wrong and he knows he is right because of his kundalini and he knows everything. He tells me that he knows what his life's purpose is and that I don't and that is my whole problem. He is a light worker. I guess this is more of a rant, but I don't know how to stop this. I explain to him his ego is out of control and he knows it.
Old 20-11-2018, 04:44 PM
Deactivated Account

Kundalini does this to everyone, I'm not convinced it's divine at all. It did the same to me, it messes up your life but pretends to be for some higher purpose (healing crisis or whatever). I denounced it and my life has been much better since. You don't need kundalini to be spiritual. Just like a snake it deceives and whispers lies into your ears... "I am better, I am more spiritual, I am like God"... don't trust it.

My opinion may not be popular, but I have learned. Maybe there is a genuine Kundalini experience, but I think most of what we think is Kundalini is not. It's a trickster spirit.
Old 20-11-2018, 06:22 PM
Experiencer

Thank you, I have often felt the same myself. I keep getting conflicting feelings on kundalini. One day I think it is spiritual and part of our bodily evolution process, and then another I think, "well, it is a serpent, after all....maybe this is not a good thing." When I do get the feeling on those odd days that kundalini may in fact be something more sinister, and my husband starts bragging, I tell him that it may be the opposite of the divine, and then he blows up. I am hoping maybe more people feel the same way you do. I feel so conflicted with this whole thing since I do so much research online, I am always pulled different directions from people from different backgrounds and cultures. problem is, he knows I am confused, since my view on it keeps changing, but it is hard to keep my mouth shut during those times.

When he says " once you have your kundalini activated and you reach my level, you will understand" part of me also thinks that I don't want those abilities he has. Thank you for sharing. I am glad to know it is not just him being "an egoistical jerk". It has gotten a lot worse lately, so hopefully things will calm down? Thank you very much for your response.
Old 20-11-2018, 06:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenriggs
Thank you, I have often felt the same myself. I keep getting conflicting feelings on kundalini. One day I think it is spiritual and part of our bodily evolution process, and then another I think, "well, it is a serpent, after all....maybe this is not a good thing." When I do get the feeling on those odd days that kundalini may in fact be something more sinister, and my husband starts bragging, I tell him that it may be the opposite of the divine, and then he blows up. I am hoping maybe more people feel the same way you do. I feel so conflicted with this whole thing since I do so much research online, I am always pulled different directions from people from different backgrounds and cultures. problem is, he knows I am confused, since my view on it keeps changing, but it is hard to keep my mouth shut during those times.

When he says " once you have your kundalini activated and you reach my level, you will understand" part of me also thinks that I don't want those abilities he has. Thank you for sharing. I am glad to know it is not just him being "an egoistical jerk". It has gotten a lot worse lately, so hopefully things will calm down? Thank you very much for your response.

Do you guys dabble with ouija boards?

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 20-11-2018, 06:40 PM
Deactivated Account

Thanks for being open to the idea jenriggs. I think the best way I can put it is that Kundalini is like a 'false spirituality', it usually hits completely non-spiritual people at random and causes massive ego inflation.... that said if you can learn from it then it can be a catalyst into true spirituality. But many people get stuck in it for years, maybe a whole lifetime.

The snake is not necessarily a bad symbol in and of itself, but I tend to see it as our lower nature that we need to overcome and master. When you let the snake take charge then it causes these problems, but if you can learn with divine grace to take control of it (much like the story of the Buddha and the Ten Bulls - look that up if you don't know it) then it can be a tool for positive change.

If you believe in a higher power I would just say pray for him, pray for his happiness and for his spiritual health, and pray that you will both come to the truth regarding this situation. And pray for his and your protection against any deceptive spirits that could be causing this interpersonal strife. Remember that Love doesn't cause strife, so anything not of love is not of the Divine.
Old 20-11-2018, 06:46 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel
Do you guys dabble with ouija boards?

No, I do not, I will not.
Old 20-11-2018, 06:47 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AraceliCianna
Thanks for being open to the idea jenriggs. I think the best way I can put it is that Kundalini is like a 'false spirituality', it usually hits completely non-spiritual people at random and causes massive ego inflation.... that said if you can learn from it then it can be a catalyst into true spirituality. But many people get stuck in it for years, maybe a whole lifetime.

The snake is not necessarily a bad symbol in and of itself, but I tend to see it as our lower nature that we need to overcome and master. When you let the snake take charge then it causes these problems, but if you can learn with divine grace to take control of it (much like the story of the Buddha and the Ten Bulls - look that up if you don't know it) then it can be a tool for positive change.

If you believe in a higher power I would just say pray for him, pray for his happiness and for his spiritual health, and pray that you will both come to the truth regarding this situation. And pray for his and your protection against any deceptive spirits that could be causing this interpersonal strife. Remember that Love doesn't cause strife, so anything not of love is not of the Divine.

Thank you so much. I will follow your advice!
Old 20-11-2018, 11:53 PM
Master
There is a difference between a Kundalini awakening/stirring and a full Kundalini rising and in any case, it sounds more like certain chakras have been opened, with energies going into them, most notably, the Solar Plexus Chakra, as that is the home of the ego.

It seems like everything from the Solar Plexus up, is closed off...If the heart were open, he would be open to Universal Unconditional Love, humility and gratitude...and if the throat were open, he would be open to the truth and expressing his true nature without the need for aggrandisement.

He probably just had a "spiritual stirring" which has nothing to do with Kundalini...Maybe some of his energy centres had a good clean through, but pride comes before the fall...it always does.
Old 21-11-2018, 12:01 AM
Master
By the way, the "snake" is purely symbolic and mythological

It is used to represent energy in its coiled, potential state, ready for the spring switch to be released, so it can "strike" as it were.

There is no serpent involved whatsoever, except in the minds of men...and others who wish to relate an ancient Hindu concept to a Christian one, when is like comparing oranges and bananas.
Old 21-11-2018, 12:29 AM
Master
Whether Kundalini has any spiritual value is a huge topic, I'm inclined to agree with AraceliCianna, it is a trickster, anything that increases ego can't be a good thing really. Much better to simply work on discovering your Self, what is within.

I posted this http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...&postcount=114 a few days ago, the fact that he can't do any of the things that Jesus did should start to ring alarm bells for him.