Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 23-05-2018, 01:16 PM
Master
Consciousness Mechanics

Now, I consider myself to be rather intelligent, but there's this one video that I have watched six times already and it totally does my head in every single time...and I am no closer to understanding it after six times than I was after the first time I saw it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWSu_EewZZI

I'm still stuck on how nothing is 'real' outside my mind when my senses say otherwise and also how many people can perceive the same thing if nothing really exists outside the mind.

As a spiritual person, I can understand how everything is connected at the atomic or sub-atomic level, but there are still distinctions between 'self' and 'other' and between 'subject' and 'object' and about existing and orienteering my position within space and time, when all of that is just a product of my mind...and I cannot explain to myself how that can possibly be....and lordy, how I have tried because I want to know...I want to feel this.

Whenever I watch this video, I'm forever going "I don't get it...I WANT to get it, but I just don't get it". lol

Now I am wondering if this is basically only me, or do others also struggle with wondering if things exist ONLY because we see them or they wouldn't exist otherwise?....nope, don't get it.

So, if there are simple explanations for this, I am all eyes.
Old 26-05-2018, 08:28 AM
Master
Hi,

The simple explanation is, you do not resonate with that video. It has not been helpful. What it presents is inaccurate for You.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 28-05-2018, 12:59 PM
Experiencer

I, too, watched this video three or four times, along with the part two. There are theory physicists who, as a result of experiments and math equations, believe reality is an illusion. Everything we perceive to be real, isn't. Yes, when we see, hear, taste, smell, and feel, seems real, if you define reality as that of which your five senses detect.
Particles are waves until observed. That is, all possibilities of an event exist.

I've tried to understand the " double slit " experiment, and the more I try, the more confusing it becomes.

Another experiment baffles me to no end. Your brain makes a choice 6-7 seconds before you're aware of it. Now, how can that be?
Old 24-12-2018, 05:02 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodan
There are theory physicists who, as a result of experiments and math equations, believe reality is an illusion.
I agree. We realize the illusion.

Quote:
Everything we perceive to be real, isn't.
Another way to put it might be, "That which is real, is so, for us, because we perceive it to be so."

Quote:
Yes, when we see, hear, taste, smell, and feel, seems real, if you define reality as that of which your five senses detect.

Of course the five senses are also part of that same realusion.

Quote:
Particles are waves until observed. That is, all possibilities of an event exist. I've tried to understand the " double slit " experiment, and the more I try, the more confusing it becomes.
The TV broadcast signal is a wave. Within that wave is encoded information. The TV observes the wave, extracts the information to create the pixels it needs to project an illusion of reality onto the screen of your mind that you get to experience. The wave has the information to create many different illusions of reality, it is you who tune the TV to the channel you wish to experience.

Waves are waves, always have been, and always will be. The information to create the particle is contained within the vibrations (standing waves) of the quantum field. The particle is made real within your (and any other entangled) consciousness according to the mechanics of realization of information. The mechanics that allows us to entangle (not merge) our consciousnesses and co-create and share an experience of reality. All possibilities of an event, along with all potential causal chains that could emanate from that event, have always existed, still exist, and always will exist. That which is realized in your present moment is the one your consciousness chooses to observe, that which your awareness is aware of, and hence made real for you. It is you who channel the reality you wish to experience. It is "It from Bit", and you are the CPU.

Quote:
Another experiment baffles me to no end. Your brain makes a choice 6-7 seconds before you're aware of it. Now, how can that be?
It does! Yet we go right on taking credit for all those choices. If fact, your big bullsheetin brain (both of them) will make up a story and take credit for choices it had nothing at all to do with (google split brain experiments). Your thinker is more of a military adviser than it is a General, even though it likes to take credit for winning the battle and blame others for any loses.

It may seem mean to tell you this on Christmas Eve, but it really is meant to be a gift. That you that you have worked so hard to create, that you have been forming and shaping since the day you were born, that is also an illusion. I am not saying it is not real, just that it is an illusion. An image of self sculpted by you, based on your impressions of the world and its impressions of you. At least in that sense, you are fully self-realized. What it all boils down to in so many words is that you, your five senses, that world out there, they are all in your head. Even your head is all in your head. And that is really what and where reality is, IMO. Now, why? That is much harder to wrap the head around.

Last edited by ketzer : 25-12-2018 at 03:46 AM.
Old 24-12-2018, 07:31 PM
Master
What is the foundation that is real that is used and then compared to be an illusion?

This is the whole dilemma that I hear and see .

What is present that is real that is not illusory or unreal?

If all that we have is an illusory or unreal person that speaks of being unreal or illusory then whatever is evaluated is tarred with the same unreal / illusory brush.

What is the real comparison that is of this world?

x daz x
Old 24-12-2018, 09:34 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
What is the foundation that is real that is used and then compared to be an illusion?

This is the whole dilemma that I hear and see .

What is present that is real that is not illusory or unreal?

If all that we have is an illusory or unreal person that speaks of being unreal or illusory then whatever is evaluated is tarred with the same unreal / illusory brush.

What is the real comparison that is of this world?

x daz x
Everything that is, is unreal and illusory from one perspective, yet real from another. That which is, is relative to the perceiver. There is no absolute reference frame to compare everything else against.
Old 25-12-2018, 11:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Everything that is, is unreal and illusory from one perspective, yet real from another. That which is, is relative to the perceiver. There is no absolute reference frame to compare everything else against.

I agree there is no absolute reference point in regards to perceiving self or this world .

What I am interested in is this reference frame / point that one obtains in order to say what that say .

I have had discussions elsewhere where the tone is set that this world is a dream and we are all are just dream characters but are able to as a dream character speak about what is true and what is not, what is real or what is unreal from a standing point of being a dream character lol .

For myself it’s important to understand one’s foundation and if one’s foundation is built upon a dream then all that is said is within a dream context, so no matter how wise the guru sounds, it’s all dream’t and contains no real substance .

One might as well hold their illusory breath for what it's worth

x daz x
Old 28-05-2018, 06:07 PM
Master

Without checking out this video (it is 1h 42 min long; you're persistent) ... Seth (Jane Roberts) claims something similar to what you describe. Everybody creates their own reality, and is in a constant telepathic connection with everybody else.
Old 28-05-2018, 06:30 PM
Master
Thank you all for your kind replies.

As an update to this, it took another video to explain the first one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE8s5CfOuNw

Now, I understand what all this is about and I can rest.
Old 11-06-2018, 01:39 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Thank you all for your kind replies.

As an update to this, it took another video to explain the first one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE8s5CfOuNw

Now, I understand what all this is about and I can rest.

Thanks. Going to watch it a couple of times to digest it.