Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 26-03-2015, 04:22 AM
Seeker

The light

people say when you die you go in the light my question is do you have a choice what happen to you if you don't go in the light
Old 26-03-2015, 06:30 AM
Lozenge Squeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton83
people say when you die you go in the light my question is do you have a choice what happen to you if you don't go in the light
I believe in life before birth & after death, also feel that fatalism is real.

If this is the case? then I am only putting the dot on the i's & crossing the t's.

To say that maybe there is a choice as to what happens in your reality or after death conflicts with my belief in fatalism.

So would say in my belief system, that after death there would be no "ego" (conditioned self), hence there woulld be no desire to change anything, only see what comes next?.............

If u are not a fatalist then anything is possible?

Though to me my philosophy has worked in most cases of my reality alowing me to predict outcomes to situations with an almost 90% chance of the predicted outcome happening? so am sticking with the idea that yep u have no chance of dodging the light even if it happens to be the headlights of an on-comming car or turck
Old 26-03-2015, 12:19 PM
Master
I wrote about the light here:
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=80618
Old 26-03-2015, 07:54 PM
Guide
If you don't follow the light, would you end up in purgatory
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb.". - Pink Floyd

You'll find me here, in the back seat, just taking it all in
Old 26-03-2015, 09:55 PM
Lozenge Squeezer

Book1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygazer
ok Maya may have encapsulated the concept that this reality is not what it seems? Though all the speculation on the planet has not resolved much about where we are or going.

Have had an experience of being connected to the light? It makes taking drugs seem like a real downer? the experience was like being in the eternal home, understanding what knowing really is & 24/7 bliss. If u had no ego (conditioned self) then u would not be trying to question your existence only waiting to see what is next?

Much of the discussion on this whole forum to me seems like a lot of 'ego' chatter, designed to slow down the progress of individuals learning how to slow their minds. Am not being critical as all forums are for the entertainment of the users?

Skygazer the original post;
Quote:
To me poses the question; is there free will in relation to the light? My post was about first does free will exist? the second part of my post was saying that; If free will exists do u want to avoid going into the light? adding a little humour as a distraction......
Old 26-03-2015, 10:32 PM
Master
Quote:

You can stay in the lower realms, or what some call the lower astral realm or what I call the non physical earth realm
Old 27-03-2015, 09:17 PM
Watkins

I wonder if it winks out when it senses that you don't want to go towards it or it's like there for you forever and would wait for you till to step in.
Old 27-03-2015, 10:10 PM
Seeker

Some people don't go to the light at first as they are confused and don't find their way. Others don't go to the light through choice. I once had to deal with a man who in life had been the Crown executioner in the 1920s. He had enjoyed his work greatly and got a real kick out of the power of life and death over people his job gave him. When he died he was not prepared to be judged by any one or any thing for his actions in life. He amused himself by creating chaos to people who were trying to lead their everyday lives in the places he frequented in life. I was unable to get him to move into the light so I made the places where chaos was being caused, areas of light. Whilst not doing anything for him it prevented him from entering as the light was unpalatable to him.