Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 26-09-2015, 01:37 AM
Pathfinder

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph B. Livingston

Buzzcap, thank you for the kind words.

Quote:

I would also be interested to hear what your son thinks, particularly when it comes to dark energy. That’s a topic I still don’t quite grasp. They say the universe is made up of both matter and dark energy. But I would think that energy results from matter. Without matter there can be no energy…but this is a topic I should probably research more before I try to sound like I know what I’m talking about.

I already printed out what u said and am awaiting his response.

Quote:
Your comment on a 4th dimension is also interesting. I did a little more research on this before replying. Most of what I see relates to height/length/width/time which I feel has nothing to do with alternate dimensions of existence, no matter how much scientists try to relate it to string theory and the space/time continuum. I also see a 4th dimension referenced in regard to biblical events such as the disappearance of the prophets Enoch and Elijah. But I strongly believe that all these magical stories from scripture are made possible through the water-like properties of matter, or matter-based technologies…just a couple of terms I like to use.

IMHO, you are putting too great an emphasis on religion.

Quote:
To be honest, I don’t believe in a 4th dimension because as far as I know, there’s no reference to it in scripture, certainly not in polytheistic religions. The one obvious exception is hell, which is a strictly a monotheistic belief. If you can’t tell, I find there to be truth in both lines of thinking. That’s another topic for another time. But I don’t believe in a 4th dimension of hell.

Again IMHO you are putting waaaaaaay too much on religion, scripture, etc... <-- This alone would make a good topic. I am certainly not looking to "convince" u otherwise. Just something u may want to look closer at.

Quote:
I have no rationale to support the idea of a loving and compassionate god who punishes his children with an eternity of pain and suffering.

You see my friend, you are right there. But you are (it seems) basing your line of thought on again, scripture. I do not think any G-d would give a child or anyone else an eternity of pain and suffering.

But if that is what u want to believe bcs scripture says so.....u r free to do so. Don't be afraid to question and look at other alternatives. I'm just say'n.

Quote:
I think there’s enough suffering here on Earth. Just ask a Syrian refugee. Or any of the people humanity has enslaved, raped, tortured, stoned, set on fire, etc. They might just tell you we’re already in hell. But there’s a way out. And if we don’t earn it in this life, then it’s back to this hell until we do figure it out. That seems like what a loving and compassionate father-like God who loves His children would do… give them another chance.

I agree 100%. So then you may ask, why is there so much suffering? Yet, look at you. I suspect you are not a refugee or stoned, or hat your parents shot and killed right in front of you and that you have running water, electricity, grocery stores with lots of food not to far from where you live, etc........ Why do u think this is so?

Others in so much pain but not so much you?

I believe JBL, there are solid reasons why.

Quote:
So in short, no, I don’t believe in a 4th dimension. In fact, I don’t believe in any dimensions outside the 3 we’ve been told about in scripture. I think anything else is a fabrication of the human mind. But as I said above, it’s not my place to tell people what to believe. I can only say what I believe. Sorry for the long drawn out explanation. I have a bad habit of that. : )

1) I hear you loudly with what u said immediately above. Not now or later or over to upset you for I share my thoughts/beliefs in kindness, openness, and sharing alternatives. But maybe you are saying the above in part bcs you are constantly stuck on going back to scriptures, scriptures, scriptures like if u were to lighten up on scriptures your entire world will fall apart and you will be damned to hell forever.

YES believe in scriptures if u must (who am I to say???). You just may want to lighten up and consider alternatives. At least until you see all pieces of the puzzle coming together.

2) Regarding a drawn out explanation, thank you for your comment and conern abt that but I honestly JBL do the exact same thing. Trying to too so much anymore so I apologize to you my friend if I yippy yapped too much myself. :-(

Quote:
p.s. Please feel free to disagree with me if you think I'm wrong about anything. I'm always looking for reasons to refine my beliefs.

I love open mindedness. WELL DONE JBL, WELL DONE.

I have something I did not post as of yet. It is a thumb nail sketch of why we are here on earth. Why some children die at a painstakingly young age, why some ppl are crippled or have 1 of a myriad of other physical ailments.

Why some people are persecuted, some living in a 3rd world country and yet another person is born into the lap of luxury with riches beyond the average persons dreams.

ALL the pieces for the 1st time to the question "Why." or "Why are we here on earth." all come together.

I'd like for you to read it when I post it. Maybe I can find you and direct you to the post when I do it. Will is likely to be in the next few weeks.

Lastly my friend, I will never ignore any comment/s you may make. I may have just missed something you said. Or like later tomorrow I will not be on this forum for several days so please, I am not ignoring you. I am likely just not here or missed replying to a post of yours.

I very much enjoy reading what you say and how you say it. Well done! And I respect ALL of what you say. Religious/scriptural or otherwise. I may not agree but I am sure nor will you be agreeing 100% with me.

It is a sharing of ideas. Take from what I say whatever you like if anything at all and as you know, vice versa.

Have a terrific weekend JBL,

BuzzCap7
Old 26-09-2015, 05:14 AM
Newbie ;)

Buzzcap,
No worries getting back to me. I know how hectic life gets. So I certainly don’t take offense if I don’t hear back from you for a while. I really look forward to seeing your thumb nail sketch, though. I have my own beliefs on the same topics. I’d love to hear other peoples’ perspectives, but it seems that so many people take the “We’re not smart enough to understand” approach. I think the opposite. I feel like if we were made in God’s image, then we’re a heck of a lot smarter than we give ourselves credit for, especially when you consider the collective whole of humanity’s accomplishments.

The real reason for this reply, though, is that I want to clarify something. I am the furthest thing from a scripture junkie. I feel like I should be more of one, but people dedicate their entire lives to studying just one religion, and there are so many religions…where does one start? I will reference scripture but almost never will you hear me quote it. I couldn’t even tell you where in scripture most of my beliefs come from. I know they’re there, but I read a lot more about religions and their beliefs than I do scripture itself. I do, however, believe that scripture is extremely important in God’s plan for humanity.

The way I see it, God’s been teaching us the truth since mankind first walked the Earth. We never really understood what He was trying to teach us, so He broke it down into pieces, teaching us little by little as humanity grew and developed. Of course, we all interpreted it in our own ways. We applied our own customs to it, labeled it, created new religions. And over the years before printing presses, as scriptures were copied and translated in different languages, along the way we screwed them up – and even worse we corrupted them for our own benefit.

The Catholic church is guilty of this. Radical Islam is especially guilty of this. I doubt any religion is immune. But at the beginning of all religions (well, most I assume) there is truth. And I think that by applying what we’ve learned through science and discovery, soon (days, years, decades, who knows) we will realize that God’s been telling us the truth all along.

As societies, though, we’ve always rejected beliefs that differ from our own, and we carry out horrific atrocities against each other. We completely ignore the single most important purpose of religion in the first place – to teach humanity the morality we need to develop into peaceful and prosperous societies. If I recall correctly from something I read about Hinduism, that’s what the Word of God is, “the wisdom needed for both individuals and societies alike to grow and mature”…or something to that effect. But instead of forgiving our enemies and loving our neighbors, we kill each other in God’s name…always have, still do.
But if we would accept other people and learn about their beliefs, we might see that we are all right from our own perspectives… and we are all wrong. Our religions are nothing more than bits and pieces of the truth, as are the sciences and our understanding of the universe. AS YOU ALLUDED TO… I like to think of them all as just pieces of a puzzle, and they’re practically all in place. All we have to do now is take a step back so we can see the big picture.

That’s how I see it anyway. I look forward to talking with you again. Have a great weekend as well!

-Joe
Old 26-09-2015, 09:33 AM
lifensoul

Quote:

I would also be interested to hear what your son thinks, particularly when it comes to dark energy. That’s a topic I still don’t quite grasp. They say the universe is made up of both matter and dark energy. But I would think that energy results from matter. Without matter there can be no energy…but this is a topic I should probably research more before I try to sound like I know what I’m talking about

Sounds like antimatter matter are both energies, which can kind of be 'sensed' as existing in some form. Dark matter, is perhaps energy in a form that is not within our reaches of comprehension or definition, but available to be created into matter and antimatter.

(Why create more of any junk that can become anything equivalent to dark beings and darkness in humans is another question - guess its about free choice, like earth was created perfect for itself and its beings, but then it made the mistake if giving herself form through humans on it...who keep selling their own souls and her off through by doing so, repeatedly to the dark and the evil!.)

Quote:
So in short, no, I don’t believe in a 4th dimension. In fact, I don’t believe in any dimensions outside the 3 we’ve been told about in scripture. I think anything else is a fabrication of the human mind. But as I said above, it’s not my place to tell people what to believe. I can only say what I believe. Sorry for the long drawn out explanation. I have a bad habit of that. : )

Do scriptures tell of matter, antimatter and dark matter or give example if it in forms of water, as you do? Yet they sound fair enough.

Btw, in response to your food for thought question for the participants in this discussion - us humans cant even handle our own lives and keep derailing our own soul plans for lives after lives, us managing energies in any beneficial way to anything but the dark? Impossible the way things stand at the moment. However, our darkness nor the rest of darkness (i terms if values and not matter) doesnt control much except our own individual and similar energy collective...thank god for it. So with all the 'bad' that gets drawn in by the dark beings, the 'good' will inevitably be drawn in too, as much as the dark beings might not want it to be so...but only the ones who have evolved away from the dark and evil can benefit from that which the dark beings do not want to enter earths atmosphere
Old 26-09-2015, 09:48 AM
lifensoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
I agree 100%. So then you may ask, why is there so much suffering? Yet, look at you. I suspect you are not a refugee or stoned, or hat your parents shot and killed right in front of you and that you have running water, electricity, grocery stores with lots of food not to far from where you live, etc........ Why do u think this is so?

Others in so much pain but not so much you?

I believe JBL, there are solid reasons why.

Fascinating. So according to you, theres a very clear demarcation between those who are in the above scenarios and some assumption that those scenarios, especially limited by availability of running water, electricity, grocery stores with lots of food not far away, are by themselves a barrier to 'pain', thereby suffering. Hypothesising what you might have meant by those lines to an extreme, you mean to say only those who have the luxury of modern facilities, basic human rights and the ability to buy them with money or power have the right to be happy? mm..

I bet those lines apply to you too..? Which means that are assured that you wil never experience pain nor suffer it in this lifetime, so, perhaps you have the secret for happiness which you could care to share with us?
Old 26-09-2015, 12:29 PM
Angel1

Secret to Happiness 101

Know who you are
Know why you are here
Know your powers to create
Know you can be and do and have anything you want

All of the above is contingent on connecting with your Higher Self...
here, before you were here, after you are not 'here'...all
the 'heres' you will ever experience will be way 'happy'...
keep the connection.

Remember this is just 101, an introduction, the basics.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-09-2015, 01:34 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
“We’re not smart enough to understand” approach. I think the opposite. I feel like if we were made in God’s image, then we’re a heck of a lot smarter than we give ourselves credit for, especially when you consider the collective whole of humanity’s accomplishments.

Gd point. Here is a thought on that.....
Can you explain to an ant that 2 dimensions are? how about 3 dimensions? Physics? No you can't. So does that mean 2 and 3 dimensions and physics does not exist? Of course not.

From an ant's perspective, you are talking about things that are far beyond the ants comprehension.

People fall into the same category I would say. Not long ago at all ppl thought the earth was flat. And if you did not believe in it, oh boy! Wasn't Galileo or someone put in prison being a non-believer. And then later some church or pope apologized?

The USA is in debt now for what? 15 Trillion dollars now? Can the average person (or ANY of us [in the USA]) really wrap their minds around that 15 Trillion really is? I do not think so.

Point being, just bcs we do not understand something, does not make it false. The scientific literature has a plethora of instances where they had one belief just to be proven wrong later. So staying open minded is pretty important.

I Agree, we may not be smart enough to understand life, the universe, etc... but putting G-d in or taking G-d out of the equation, I say your beliefs must make sense and the pieces should all fit together. All your/our questions answered. Now you (the general you) would be on the right track. Especially if you think G-d (whatever G-d is.....respectfully) would not just do things without reason and hodge podge <sp> style.

So if you are wondering or still have questions and trying to make scientific sense (which is good) out of things, then maybe that is a hint you need to modify your line of thinking. Like you went down the wrong road. Know what I mean?

Quote:
I know they’re there, but I read a lot more about religions and their beliefs than I do scripture itself. I do, however, believe that scripture is extremely important in God’s plan for humanity.

1) I was brought up orthodox. But am not really practicing any religion. Very briefly (if I can), religion is taught from book or preaching. Religion started prior to humans being able to write.

How many write and re-writes have their been? Interpretations and re-interpretations. Spinning of the "word". Why are priests not allowed to marry? (Interesting answer that speaks volumes.) Why is it that the catholic church I understand only talks about certain apostles and not all of them (Another interesting answers.)

How is it the same person who goes to "church" on Sunday is a real a**hole in the church's parking lot or with their kids or in business or socially? <-- I could say a lot more about this.

2) What/Who is "G-d" to you? To me I see G-d not as an old gray bearded man or one person but the universal collective.

Not being religious but admittedly I do say a short prayer b4 I slide my tush onto my motorcycle in an effort to help being protected from danger. But I am not 100% sure to whom or what entity I am saying it to. I think the universal collective. ???

Quote:
The way I see it, God’s been teaching us the truth since mankind first walked the Earth.

G-d is? When we 1st walked the earth I understand there were no recording instruments. Even writing on caves came later. And then just marks others attempted to interpret.

Or someones recording or interpretation of what someone would like for you to think and believe? (Said inquisitively not argumentatively as I am sure you know. Or more said for you to think about this factor. G-d is teaching you???)

Quote:
We never really understood what He was trying to teach us, so He broke it down into pieces, teaching us little by little as humanity grew and developed. Of course, we all interpreted it in our own ways. We applied our own customs to it, labeled it, created new religions. And over the years before printing presses, as scriptures were copied and translated in different languages, along the way we screwed them up – and even worse we corrupted them for our own benefit.

BULLS EYE!!! Well said JBL!!! That is why I have a hard time to go to a church, temple, whatever and pray or believe in another human beings belief of what they want you to believe. GOOD point. Part of which why when ppl bring up "the good book" or scripture or the like, I dismiss it totally right from the start. There is no validity.

If Moses did bring down the 10 commandments off the mountain and we do know what the 10 are then that is a different story. It was written from G-d own words. Or was it? Or were the 10 commandments written by G-d?

Hmm 10 commandments. Ten. Interesting how 10 got to be how many books? I LOVE the bumper sticker "Be Nice". <-- I would say (which is pretty bold of me) that "Be Nice" should sum up ALL of the teachings of ALL religions in just 2 words. No need to complicate it.

Quote:
As societies, though, we’ve always rejected beliefs that differ from our own, and we carry out horrific atrocities against each other. We completely ignore the single most important purpose of religion in the first place – to teach humanity the morality we need to develop into peaceful and prosperous societies. If I recall correctly from something I read about Hinduism, that’s what the Word of God is, “the wisdom needed for both individuals and societies alike to grow and mature”…or something to that effect. But instead of forgiving our enemies and loving our neighbors, we kill each other in God’s name…always have, still do.

EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT!!!!! Man, you and I think so much the same. The above is ever so true. It is soooooo mind blowing!!

I heard that many wars are caused due to religion. Look at what is going on now with ISIS. Believe like us or we will kill you. Oh really?

To me it is not complicated. But that is me. I have a thought on this as I try to figure out why there are so many ppl that are so destructive or not loving and compassionate. But this post is getting to long to add yet another point of discussion. Another time I think my friend.

Quote:
But if we would accept other people and learn about their beliefs, we might see that we are all right from our own perspectives… and we are all wrong. Our religions are nothing more than bits and pieces of the truth, as are the sciences and our understanding of the universe. AS YOU ALLUDED TO… I like to think of them all as just pieces of a puzzle, and they’re practically all in place. All we have to do now is take a step back so we can see the big picture.

LOL!!!! I swear JBL, I could have said that myself. Again, bulls eye. but yet, there are those extremists. Really liked the above (along with many other things you said).

The big question here is how to have others believe in the same line of thought you shared above? Answer...................you can't. <-- There is an answer to why you/we can't but again that is for another discussion.

Your point is well made and I hear and believe it loudly.

BuzzCap7
Old 26-09-2015, 01:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Shekinah, I’m afraid we’re going to have to agree to disagree. But that’s ok. It’s not my place to tell anyone else what they should or should not believe. Thank you for replying on my thread.

That's how it's explained though. Matter antimatter annihilation, and recent experiments concluded as follows http://www.iflscience.com/physics/cern-symmetry-experiment-confirms-matter-and-antimatter-are-mirrors-each-other

Quote:
Buzzcap, thank you for the kind words. I would also be interested to hear what your son thinks, particularly when it comes to dark energy. That’s a topic I still don’t quite grasp. They say the universe is made up of both matter and dark energy. But I would think that energy results from matter. Without matter there can be no energy…but this is a topic I should probably research more before I try to sound like I know what I’m talking about.

The dark stuff is just a name given to something no one knows is there, if it is there it might explain universal expansion and the mass that seems to be missing.

Quote:
Your comment on a 4th dimension is also interesting. I did a little more research on this before replying. Most of what I see relates to height/length/width/time which I feel has nothing to do with alternate dimensions of existence, no matter how much scientists try to relate it to string theory and the space/time continuum. I also see a 4th dimension referenced in regard to biblical events such as the disappearance of the prophets Enoch and Elijah. But I strongly believe that all these magical stories from scripture are made possible through the water-like properties of matter, or matter-based technologies…just a couple of terms I like to use.

Quote:
To be honest, I don’t believe in a 4th dimension because as far as I know, there’s no reference to it in scripture, certainly not in polytheistic religions. The one obvious exception is hell, which is a strictly a monotheistic belief. If you can’t tell, I find there to be truth in both lines of thinking. That’s another topic for another time. But I don’t believe in a 4th dimension of hell.

I have no rationale to support the idea of a loving and compassionate god who punishes his children with an eternity of pain and suffering. I think there’s enough suffering here on Earth. Just ask a Syrian refugee. Or any of the people humanity has enslaved, raped, tortured, stoned, set on fire, etc. They might just tell you we’re already in hell. But there’s a way out. And if we don’t earn it in this life, then it’s back to this hell until we do figure it out. That seems like what a loving and compassionate father-like God who loves His children would do… give them another chance.

p.s. Please feel free to disagree with me if you think I'm wrong about anything. I'm always looking for reasons to refine my beliefs.

It sounds like a religious thing, but there is already a lot of stuff we know that isn't written in scriptures. Religious and spiritual texts are a very small part of what we know, and a very large part of what people believe. Going back to the four element type representation of water fire air earth is fine for 'what I believe', but science is way passed that now min 'what we know'.
Old 26-09-2015, 02:35 PM
lifensoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
I heard that many wars are caused due to religion. Look at what is going on now with ISIS. Believe like us or we will kill you. Oh really?

Oh really? Believe whom or kill whom?

You do speak mystery language buzzcap7. This isis thing should be a test level for the level, genuinity of spiritual awareness, development and its direction.

Nah na, we dont want to enter politics, but dont you agree with me? I bet you do....i am sure you do...
Old 26-09-2015, 06:16 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifensoul
Oh really? Believe whom or kill whom?

You do speak mystery language buzzcap7. This isis thing should be a test level for the level, genuinity of spiritual awareness, development and its direction.

Nah na, we dont want to enter politics, but dont you agree with me? I bet you do....i am sure you do...

lifensoul, when you said "...spiritual awareness..." above, were you referencing the masses in general?

Also, if you could expound on the development and direction you referenced a bit more specifically.

Thank you,

BuzzCap7
Old 26-09-2015, 06:42 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifensoul
Fascinating. So according to you, theres a very clear demarcation between those who are in the above scenarios and some assumption that those scenarios, especially limited by availability of running water, electricity, grocery stores with lots of food not far away, are by themselves a barrier to 'pain', thereby suffering. Hypothesising what you might have meant by those lines to an extreme, you mean to say only those who have the luxury of modern facilities, basic human rights and the ability to buy them with money or power have the right to be happy? mm..

I bet those lines apply to you too..? Which means that are assured that you wil never experience pain nor suffer it in this lifetime, so, perhaps you have the secret for happiness which you could care to share with us?

The best explanation that I've run across so far, in this regard, comes form Frank DeMarco's book "The Sphere and the Hologram: Explanations from the Other Side". Frank is an Monroe Institute alumni, and his work carries the integrity that comes with it. His books are channeled and are thick with "workable" insight.

The word on this subject is that there's 7 billion-plus individuals on the planet and each have built a life around their current karmic "need". A fair amount of our hardships are orchestrated based on such needs. Since there are 7 billion-plus individuals there will be 7 billion-plus differing scenarios that will be at play.

If you are not "actively" involved in anothers' scenario then it wasn't in your karmic interest, in this life, to be concerned with. We now have tv, novels, documentaries, web access, all manor of being exposed to what other people are experiencing/co-generating. It's my experience that you can't fix "one" persons problem for them, let alone a whole country worth of generated complications.

If you currently find yourself in a great situation, with plenty of food and physical comfort then celebrate that! Your previous life or you next one may suck big-time by comparison (depending on the challenges that we, ourselves, would choose to participate in).

Life has always been a complicated prospect. Look at what the creatures in the wild must contend with on a daily/lifetime basis. It's the challenges that move us forward in terms of our souls development. Each lifetime is thematic. If you feel guilty about being comfortable in this life then wait a little bit, your next life may be rich in jaw-clenching intensity and body threatening discomfort. And its -those- problematic lives that may be the ones that produce the most value. While the less stressful lives may be a blessed break in this complicated cycle of incarnating.