Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 20-04-2012, 04:39 AM
Master
I have to begin my account by pointing out that it is not possible to convey the richness of my experience with words. It’s a bit like trying to depict a magnificent sunset, by drawing it in sand with a stick. It was unique in other ways too. My memory of it hasn’t faded much, if at all, over 30 years. Although it was probably brought about by an overdose of drugs, it was nothing like an hallucination.

I had collapsed on my bed, either asleep or unconscious, but when I woke out of it, I knew it had not been any sort of dream. In fact it was far more real than normal waking consciousness. This aspect is so hard to explain. I was left with the conviction that a much greater reality exists for us beyond this one, I had seen it, been in it.

What had happened to me was real, I mean really real, as if normal life is just an illusion in which we are immersed for our time here. Since the advent of ‘virtual reality’, I have found that is a good way to think of this existence. This reality is a wondrous, awesome creation, and it has purpose, but a far greater reality exists.

I did not find myself looking down on my body, but of course it was the middle of the night in a pitch dark room. I had been shooting up amphetamines and narcotics for two days. Somehow I had made my way to bed and collapsed there, totally out of it.

Hours later I became aware that I was somehow apart from my body, and I remember feeling with surprise and wonder, that I had known the feeling before. It was before my life had begun, before I was born. I could feel my real self, and I recognized that I was the same self then and now. This was joyous. I was looking down on my life and seeing how unimportant all the hassles were. I could see life as though it were a game I had been playing, and how all the moves were just parts of the game.

Another way to describe this is the feeling you have when you have been engrossed in a really good book for hours, and then you put the book aside and notice the world around you. You had forgotten where you were and what time of day it was, because the story held all your attention. You take a deep breath and notice the real world, even as you reflect on what you have been reading.

Well, life is sort of like the book, and having put it aside I could see and reflect on the whole story. I could see every part of my life, every event and instance all at once. Although it seemed instantaneous, I knew that every moment was there. These days I might say that I downloaded my hard drive. At the time, I think I tried to describe it as a replay in fast forward. I know this is out of sync with other folk’s accounts, but this is how it happened for me.

I then found myself traveling down a tunnel. It didn’t open up before me, or draw me into it. I was just in it, and really moving. I’m not sure how big it was. It seemed just big enough for me to travel through it. Although it felt like falling, there was no sense of up or down, just through. The tunnel was mostly dark, but I could sense the sides of it rushing past. I was facing forward the whole way through, if you can be said to face any way without a body. The practical part of me was looking ahead for obstacles on this exhilarating ride. The rest of me was thrilled by it. I tried to reach out to touch the sides, but I didn’t have hands. Well, not hands that I could feel with anyway.

Words are so inadequate. I remember thinking that I should feel worried about hurtling along like this, and at the same time realizing that only my body could get hurt by an impact, and I had left it behind. Actually some of the modern special effects of a wormhole come pretty close to depicting the appearance of this tunnel, although without the extra dimensions of reality.

It was a very quick journey. A light appeared up ahead. It was the end of the tunnel and I rushed into it. There was no sensation of slowing down or coming to a stop. I was just there. I didn’t even think to look back. I was in a beautiful place. In everyday terms it was like a radiant, joyous landscape, on a summer afternoon, but it was so much more – inexpressibly beautiful, serene, and delightful, with the most wonderful light pervading everything. Something like rolling hills with carpets of wildflowers. There were many other people there, and they were blissfully happy. I can’t say how many - 'a multitude' will have to do.

I was doing so much more than just seeing this; I was feeling it all with senses unimaginable. I knew these souls, they knew me. They radiated love and welcome. They were like family, and we rejoiced in our reunion. It was rapturous. Although we didn’t have physical bodies, we still ‘looked’ the same, just more complete.

Then a Being of pure light appeared in the distance, and I watched as it moved slowly among us. As it came closer, I remember thinking that I would not have been able to look at it with my eyes. It was such an intense, beautiful white light. A hundred times, a thousand times brighter than the sun.

I was drawn irresistibly towards this being. I don’t mean unwillingly. I wanted nothing else but to go to it, fall into it, and be embraced by it. As I came closer I was overwhelmed by the feeling of pure love and understanding which emanated from this wondrous entity. This was by far the most wonderful and powerful feeling of my experience. Nothing can describe it.

This glorious, wonderful entity recognized me, understood every minute aspect about me, and poured love into me. The love was real and immeasurable. I never wanted to leave this divine Presence, but somehow, without explanation, I was given to understand that I would have to go back, and I understood that this was good and right and I ‘woke up’ in my bed, in the dark, thoroughly blown away by what had just happened to me. I walked around the house saying “that was no dream!” It had been so real, that waking life seemed like the dream for quite a while.

About two years later I first heard about Near Death Experiences. I could hardly believe the accounts I was reading (in a Readers’ Digest). Other people had had the same experience as me, and they were saying it was a near death thing. That made sense, considering the drugs I had taken at the time, but I never knew that perhaps I had nearly died. It had been the most joyful experience for me, with no negative aspects whatsoever. And yes, I gave up the drugs a long time ago.

- anonymous, http://IANDS.com

Old 20-04-2012, 12:28 PM
Ahh...

More please...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Boldylocks

Xan, thanks so much for sharing ! Your "dream" reminds me of Akiane-- this young child who had not died but whose soul did travel to Heaven many times when she was a toddler. you may want to Google her -- she learned how to paint in Heaven . Yes, there is more to our lives here- This is just the Beginning!
Old 02-07-2012, 11:04 PM
Master
AlanMcD, NDE

Early one morning I died while all was still dark, rising up bodily until the blue became black, I awoke in a dark realm where the boundaries between my physical self and everything physical around me slowly began to dissolve. I saw an infinity of stars lighting up the night of the still dark early morning sky. Quietness like a soft warm comforting, peaceful blanket descended on my body, soul and mind.

Although now outside my physical self I could still somehow hear the sweet song of chirping, singing birds and knew their sweet wonderful beautiful voices were in absolute harmony all together as one, reflecting in the audible, the fundamental particles that continually dance and dart like tiny electrons within the Infinite Mind of God.

Outside leaves rustled in the cool autumn night and although my physical body was still indoors on in bed, I could still feel the cool breeze, even though in my consciousness was no longer within my material being. I, nevertheless, continued to experience and absorb the wonderful scent of grass and the fragrances of flowers that permeated the physical earth. In some ways I had become two separate entities with separate interlinked consciousnesses.

Becoming a small point of golden pure energy, I rose high above the earth to where the blue morning sky became black and looked down upon the earth from the wonder of the glory of the infinite night from a place out in the physical cosmos. I found myself in the presence of a being who appeared to me to be like a pulsating golden “ORB” similar to my state of being then, but much brighter and more energetic. At this time I thought this being might be God. Later I knew he was my Guardian Angel.

Now I remained for a while a tiny bright point of thinking light, “a singularity a point of intelligent ” within the Greater Light (Being of Light) that lovingly embraced me. This Being later revealed to me, mind to mind, some wondrous things which happen in the afterlife, the planet earth and the physical universes. This Being continually communicated with me, while as he took me on a protracted and profound journey into the unknown mystical planes, dimensions, heavenly spiritual places and realms. Later he told me that he had been my companion all my life, my childhood guardian angel...

http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Exper...an_mcd_nde.htm

Old 05-07-2012, 05:15 PM
Master
Xan, I just wanted to say that this is a beautiful thread...thank you for posting. I have not read it all but I have really enjoyed

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 22-08-2012, 01:51 AM
Master
Robyn O

I was a passenger in a car traveling along a very twisty mountain road with a beautiful fiord on the right. Our car tire blew and we careened across the road and went off a 30 foot cliff. I remember hitting my head three times as the car tumbled over and over.

Then I was floating and all was still and calm. There was no fear and in a way felt as if there had never been fear. It was black, enormous and I was everything, everywhere. I felt like I was huge and tiny at the same time. I felt embraced, cradled, but free and open. This huge tiny expanded space filled with comfort and belonging. I felt alive and joyful. I have heard others describe this as loved and while it seems more than that, I don't know another word to describe it, except maybe with "God".

I heard the driver calling my name and I started flying backward thru a tunnel. I travelled at great speed and distance and at the same time very, very slowly. I was more aware than I had ever been in my life. I was totally me and also totally all that was. The tunnel was the most amazing thing I have ever seen/experienced in my life with lights of every color surrounding me, comforting me, delighting me, some how infusing me.

I could feel the vibration of the colors and hear the music of each color and the colors were spinning all around me. I was in the middle of the lights but part of the lights too. It seemed like a very long, blissful, and peaceful time and it was so much more. It was fascination, excitement, laughing, loving, funny, thoughtful, empathetic, sad in a very sweet way: all at the same time. In a way like any wonderful emotion I had ever experienced, but this time enjoyed to it's fullest potential. Imagine this and then times it by a thousand or ten thousand and then you might be close to my interpretation of my experience.

It must have been seconds or at the most minutes, because as I woke it seemed as if the driver was just completing her sentence. I was upside down with my forehead in a glacial stream. My body was racked with pain, but I felt like the luckiest person in the world and 27 years later I still do. (and somehow I believe this for everyone uniquely and equally).

I can not fear death, for myself or for anyone. I had always had "gifts" many of those were gone, but I had something more. I guess it was the comfort of knowing that I was okay and that I would always be okay no matter what was happening to my physical body.

I also awoke with an amazing gift (I have a click in my head). Initially I used it like a Geiger counter to find painful places in myself and others and put my hands there to provide relief/healing/support. Eventually I realized I could do more. Now I am an intuitive and I hear my intuition and that of people working with me. Plus lots, lots more. It took me years of learning how to use it and I continue to be amazed and constantly learning more, but I always knew it was special. I am not special, just unique like everybody else and I now know I always was even when I did not realize it.

http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Experiences/robyn_o_nde.htm

Old 22-08-2012, 08:53 AM
Master

What can we learn about death through NDE accounts? Everything we need to know...

Floating/OOBE, sense of peace, passing through a 'tunnel', realm of love, reunion with 'deceased' loved ones, life review, the being of light...

Above all else, that life is akin to the changing of the seasons. Spring, summer, autumn, winter and then ...spring again (i.e. no death but new life in a different sphere of being.)

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 22-08-2012, 02:00 PM
deepsea

I agree with you.
I was thinking of this a while ago.
The beginning of life after death.
Old 24-08-2012, 06:38 AM
meditator

My first post on this forum. Had been wanting to join the forum since long, but unfortunately the registrations were closed. Thans to the mods for opening it up.

Well coming on to NDE's, please go through this video link. My apologies if this has been posted before.

Just realized that I'm not allowed to post a link until I've made a minimum of 15 posts !!! Well the link I was trying to post can be searched on youtube - "Anita Moorjani's NDE". Just watch the 46 minute interview of hers.
Old 24-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Master
Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjLou...eature=related

meditator, until you've reached the 2 weeks/15 posts mark you can give a partial link by leaving a space before the .com.

Xan