Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 19-11-2014, 10:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I have a saying that I apply in life, which goes, 'the truth is in the listening'. It suggests that this person has no way of telling truths beyond being truthful. I think when a channel succumbs to the belief that what they say is the truth, they become misguided by that belief.

In regards to the listening, there is only what I hear or perceive, and the appropriate response to it, if indeed a response is appropriate at all, which is not to say that I always respond appropriately...

In my case, when someone tells me something, I hear it and I also notice my physical sensations, so my words are just a thought that arises from a sensational experience, and I have no answers for anyone.

Quote:
Hi Gem… Thanks for your reply, although I’m not totally in gear with you on this one...

In your first paragraph, are you implying that if the person channelling, believes that what they are reporting (or writing about) is a truth - then they themselves become misguided???

Yep.

Quote:
Also, when you say ‘this person’ - who might you be referring to??? The one doing the channeling - i.e. the person doing the automatic style writing???

"this person"=me.

Quote:
In the last paragraph, are you suggesting that whatever you hear, or become aware of, within that information, there are no answers to or for anyone - other than yourself maybe???

I may experience realisations, but it doesn't provide me with any answers... and that realisation is only experienced by me.

Quote:
Would you mind clarifying those points for me please… I’m trying to get a clear picture in my mind, regarding what you are implying…

Regards…

Robbie….

The probem exists, Robbie, that when one presents what they say as a 'channeling' they lend a kind of power to the words, as the channeling is reported to be from 'a higher place', and as others assume that higher place is providing answers, they blindly believe what's being said. That's an intellectual acceptance of something, but it isn't a realisation of their own.

I think the real art is in the listening, because it enables what isn't fully formed to come 'out' into conscious awareness. As the listening isn't just the words, but also the sensational effect of they have. There's an overall congruency that indicates a spontaneously shared honesty, and honesty cultivates trust, and trust enables a space where a realisation bursts into the mind...

Something changes, and where the sense of uncertainty was, arises a sense of assurance or confidence, and confidence is, fundamentally, a trust in self. (not the belief in a told 'message').
Old 19-11-2014, 10:23 AM
Master
Quick reply...

Need to go out for a while now Gem, but just to let you know, your reply has put me in the picture fully and I'll drop by with a further reply later: when I return...

Many thanks for your contribution...

Robbie....

Never search for answers. Wait patiently until they are placed before you, which will be when you can unconditionally accept: and live those answers...

Old 21-11-2014, 07:05 AM
Master

Hi again Gem... Sorry to have been out of things for so long... Had a lot on my plate this last few days... But up and running again now…

I can understand what you're implying, although I don't necessarily agree with you on the principle points in question... So I've outlined a few of my own understandings, by way of definition...

When discussing matters that relate to specific, Spiritual matters, most of us have slightly different viewpoints, on exactly the same issues... Once people get into the habit of all resonating with the same way things work, or it's considered things - should work - it's as though they slowly move into the realms of an organised belief system... At least - that's the way it comes across to me…

To all go along with the same thing, that works in the same way, to me, is a bit like everyone having the same Spiritual DNA... And if that were the case, working one's way along a Spiritual pathway, would be little more than a forgone conclusion...

I can accept that you see things in a specific way and they work wonders for you, but each and every one of us, has a different perspective on the same principle because we view them in what can be loosely termed as: 3D representation…

There is a very old saying, that's often been used as a prime example, where that theory is concerned... Such is...

The end of an elephant's body that features the trunk, depends on which side you view the animal from... It's left side - or it's right..

Further to that, Spirituality is a bit like a cut diamond, that features a trillion facets, which provides it with its brilliance... Many are blinded by the light of its countenance, where others are simply spellbound by it luminosity…

And that, in effect, is how we can get the full value from all we do, say and suggest, when we share our Spiritual thoughts, ideas and representations…

From my perspective, each and every word (or set of words) uttered or written, may contain a message of some description for someone... That's as near to a truth, as you'll ever encounter…

With respect,

Robbie....

Never search for answers. Wait patiently until they are placed before you, which will be when you can unconditionally accept: and live those answers...

Old 21-11-2014, 08:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinski78

Hi again Gem... Sorry to have been out of things for so long... Had a lot on my plate this last few days... But up and running again now…

I can understand what you're implying, although I don't necessarily agree with you on the principle points in question... So I've outlined a few of my own understandings, by way of definition...

When discussing matters that relate to specific, Spiritual matters, most of us have slightly different viewpoints, on exactly the same issues... Once people get into the habit of all resonating with the same way things work, or it's considered things - should work - it's as though they slowly move into the realms of an organised belief system... At least - that's the way it comes across to me…

True. people have all kinds of points of view and each one has built on a belief system. I usually think of this in terms of world view, and one must necessarily form a world view based on cultural heritage and the 'information' that they are exposed to...

Quote:
To all go along with the same thing, that works in the same way, to me, is a bit like everyone having the same Spiritual DNA... And if that were the case, working one's way along a Spiritual pathway, would be little more than a forgone conclusion...

I suppose every person has a pathway, some consider it to be a spiritual path, but I just think of it as a life path, because 'life path' applies to anyone; not just to people who are spiritually inclined.

Quote:
I can accept that you see things in a specific way and they work wonders for you, but each and every one of us, has a different perspective on the same principle because we view them in what can be loosely termed as: 3D representation…

There is a very old saying, that's often been used as a prime example, where that theory is concerned... Such is...

The end of an elephant's body that features the trunk, depends on which side you view the animal from... It's left side - or it's right..

Further to that, Spirituality is a bit like a cut diamond, that features a trillion facets, which provides it with its brilliance... Many are blinded by the light of its countenance, where others are simply spellbound by it luminosity…

And that, in effect, is how we can get the full value from all we do, say and suggest, when we share our Spiritual thoughts, ideas and representations…

I accept that in principle, but in life as we experience it, some ideas and beliefs and views are a cause of great harm... so I don't see any belief/worldview as OK. Some are completely detrimental. People will tend to be resolute about their own half of the elephant, and the more dogmatic they are, the more dangerous are their ideas.

Quote:
From my perspective, each and every word (or set of words) uttered or written, may contain a message of some description for someone... That's as near to a truth, as you'll ever encounter…

With respect,

Robbie....

I really wonder if there is any truth beyond anyone's honesty, and maybe what a person really does believe is the truth as long as they're honest with themselves about it, because in the end, we deal in the unknown.
Old 21-11-2014, 08:27 AM
Master

As long as you're content with the way everything works for you Gem, then more power to your elbow - as the saying goes...

Discussions of this nature, revolving around the maypole of Spitituality, can become never ending, if one delves into too many specifics - as is so often the case...

So I think I'll conclude by saying: if what you know and understand, works for you, the best course of action to take is to follow that ardently, untill life presents you with an alternative... That way - everybody has their individual truth, with one and all winning at the end of the day...

Respectfully...

Robbie....

Old 21-11-2014, 09:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinski78

As long as you're content with the way everything works for you Gem, then more power to your elbow - as the saying goes...

But, I might be a thief and abuser and rapist with racist and self aggrandised views.

Quote:
Discussions of this nature, revolving around the maypole of Spitituality, can become never ending, if one delves into too many specifics - as is so often the case...

So I think I'll conclude by saying: if what you know and understand, works for you, the best course of action to take is to follow that ardently, untill life presents you with an alternative... That way - everybody has their individual truth, with one and all winning at the end of the day...

Respectfully...

Robbie....

Sure everyone has their life path, and if their ethos is built on doing no harm, then I'm happy.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:56 PM
jadeany

Next time an opportunity arises, you could easily pose this question to yourself, and whatever is causing it will most likely provide you with an answer. No promises though.