Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 04-07-2011, 10:04 PM
Master
I was going to share the pic I took the the little bugger who stowed away but for some strange reason, some of the pics I send from my cell phone camera are too big and I don't know why that happens, but it's just a little bug, anyway. I plan on introducing yours to my carnelian crew a little bit later.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:19 PM
Dawn

That's really strange why some pictures are too big. Mind if I ask what cell phone you have? I could do a bit of hunting online for you and see if anyone else has the same problem and what the issue might be.

lol I still can't believe a bug hitchhiked to you! I'm sorry! I really had no idea!
heh, guess he really wanted to go to your house for whatever reason.
If nothing else, let's both just be glad it wasn't a stink bug. Phew!!! >.<

>I plan on introducing yours to my carnelian crew a little bit later.
Ohhh I bet when they get in close proximity to them, your stone and crystal partying is just going to expand lol
Old 21-08-2011, 02:32 AM
Master
Talking

THIS is the one. The guilty party. Got me all wrapped up in healing and metaphysical gemstones and crystals. Hooked me with the wacky thread title, completely drew me in with sensational pics of Joshua and fantastic tales of his life.

Old 23-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Dawn

Guilty as charged, madame!
Old 31-08-2011, 07:46 AM
Likes2Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I think you're feelings are right about it, Gabe. I mean, if he wants a sphere of smokey quartz, he could just get one from any crystal place online or otherwise, that have already had that done. Crystalarium.com is one place I know of, I mean, I got a pound of tumbled carnelian, but all stones have their place. If that raw smokey feels right to you, you should claim it and maybe get him a sphere for Christmas or something, lol.
I think some carved or shaped pieces have their place. I'm a big fan of quartz spheres, for example. But when they're fashioned into that particular shape, they're able to help a person who appreciates their metaphysical qualities unlock their own inner potential. And for the people without a metaphysical take on life, THEY will be helped to feel better just because looking at beautiful things is soothing and healing.

It's kind of interesting that I would be drawn to this particular thread. I've ordered small quartz spheres and quartz points, specifically for the purpose of setting up a metaphysical store on Etsy.com. I want to make wire-wrapped wands and metaphysical jewelry. And I have felt from the very beginning that any of the spheres and points that were selected to fill my order, from the hundreds (maybe thousands) of their fellows, were MEANT to come my way for this purpose. Now that they've done their job, by allowing themselves to be "randomly" (ha!) selected for my order, it's MY job to accomplish the next step. I want to help them become a part of an item that will let them help another person in their personal growth.

My first piece of jewelry was a necklace for myself, partly so I could experiment and practice with just how I want to do this, and partly so I could "test drive" my own handiwork. I wire-wrapped the sphere that volunteered for the job when I reached into the box and felt around. When my hand made contact with it, I knew immediately that I'd found the correct one. :) And the first time I wore it out-of-doors, I got a clear sense that it was pleased to be in full sunlight for the first time ever. It grew inside a geode, was mined, was carted off to wherever it was that made it into a sphere, and sat in some sort of warehouse, got included in my shipment, was sent by boat from China to the USA, etc. Not one moment in its many years of existence was spent outdoors in full sunlight, and it liked the sensation very much. Yeah, I definitely found the right sphere for the job of being my pendant. :)

Now my job is to find equally appreciative homes for its many spherical brethren, and their friends and kin the quartz points. :)
Old 31-08-2011, 08:10 AM
Likes2Read

Oh, and on the subject of geodes. I used to work near a Nature Store (which closed after a few years, disappointing me greatly. I loved that place). They used to have all sorts of lovely, reasonably priced mineral samples. I used to love exploring in their various tumbled minerals and points. One of their displays was little geode halves.

One day, I got it in my head that I was going to search for two matching geode halves and buy them. We're talking about geode halves which had been cut and polished, thrown together in bins in a warehouse, chosen to be packed in a shipment, kept in the storage area of the Nature store, and placed out on the display where people were purchasing them one by one. What were the odds of anyone ever finding a matching pair after they'd gone through all that?

And yet, it only took me about five minutes of searching through the bin to find exactly what I was looking for. A matching pair. Having read through this thread, I think those two halves were determined not to be separated from one another. After all, they'd grown as one single rock, and then survived the entire cutting, polishing, shipping, etc. process and stayed right with one another the entire time.

Well, now they've got a home together and they'll NEVER be taken away from each other. :)
Old 16-09-2011, 06:13 AM
Likes2Read

I thought of this thread today!

I received a package I ordered from a jewelry-making supply site, containing some wire and wire-wrapping tools. Included in the package was a pleasant surprise. A polished geode half was packed in a bag labeled "Happy Birthday!" (Which was a surprise in itself, as my actual birthday is in November.)

She's pretty, appears to be unaltered except for having been opened and polished, and seems to be almost completely filled with quartz points inside the outer shell. I've often wondered how someone would be able to tell a geode from a regular rock, but this one has glistening bits in the outer shell that would imply there's more here than meets the eye.

I'll have to post some pictures of her, either in this thread or in the "Post pics of your crystals" thread.
Old 16-09-2011, 07:08 AM
Master
It's rough to be living in times where people are buying less and getting rid of stuff they already have that takes up too much space, but I've come to rely on my stones for comfort, strength, I don't go to sleep without holding onto something, lately it's my pale green fluorite wand in one hand and the green-dyed howlite strand in the other. They've come to mean a great deal to me. It's all the other junk I gotta get rid of. Nice to meet another 'rock hound' ~ *

Old 22-09-2011, 04:54 PM
Master
I owe this thread and Dawn a lot! It totally got me immersed in checking out all the wonderful healing gemstones and crystals, leading up to giving me more ideas about how to utilize different stones and rocks...for example, I buy miscellaneous packages of river rocks and decorative plastic 'stones' or beads. Within the past week, I realized I could use them to 'ground' myself and create something so deceptively simple ~ by pouring the river rocks onto my floor in the living room and simply stand on them to give a feeling of being on 'earth' or something natural And gives a gentle foot massage while I'm at it. This really ups the 'vibrations' around my apartment, something desperately needed! I'm going to look for a shallow tray to keep them in but having them on the carpeting and stepping in them is fun!