Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 05:57 PM
jeez

Learning about meditation.

Is there anyone here who knows a lot about meditation? I just started meditating, but I don't really know any real techniques. I just sit down crosslegged by my pool and disappear for an hour or so. I'd love to meet people who know more about it, and can talk to me about meditation, both the technical and philosophical aspects.

Peace,

Ryan
tinmanmoves.net
Old 04-11-2005, 05:38 AM
Ancestral

I meditated for eight years but these last three I have been doing it less often. I found out there are many techniques but each other is fitted to the person. We each must find what works for us in order to relax but one rule seems to apply that is to allow whatever come through even if it is chaotic thoughts. Get them out of the way and you can move forward. Often music helps me and I listen from Celtic to Native American music whatever type relaxes you is the best. I cross my legs and use crystals in the palms of my hands along with three candles. Crystals are not required though nor is the candles but it helps me. Crystals are use for my own personal balance and I find have your Chakra's balanced helps to that is if you believe in that. I usually meditate after a shower when my body has been cleansed by the water. I allow thoughts to come in and sometimes no thoughts do come into my meditation sessions. Also I ask for the white light from the Great Spirit (God) to surround me, white light from my spirit guides to surround me, and the white light within myself to surround me. The white life for me is healing, protection, and cleansing. I have good results with meditation but since my Grandfathers passing three years ago I have not felt like doing it too much. Perhaps you may have gently nudge me back into it again. Hope I was some help if not sorry then but good luck and I keep a meditation journal just see my experiences. Take Care, :)
Old 04-11-2005, 01:51 PM
jeez

Thank you, that's really helpful. I started meditating earlier this year, but I haven't done a good job keeping it up. When I get busy, it seems to fall by the wayside. I was thinking, though, that if I do it right it will allow me to focus better for the rest of the day, so that meditation will actually make me more efficient in my life and save me time, instead of just taking up time. A lot of things in my life are that way, like exercising and cooking my own food. I'm going to try to reintroduce meditation to my life, even if only for a little while every day.

Thanks, :)

Ryan

tinmanmoves.net
Old 05-11-2005, 12:00 AM
Ancestral

You are welcome and doing some meditation each day does help and you may try before bed or make time before you go to work in the morning. Meditation can be done lying down in bed and take a few moments to even saying to yourself that I will be stronger, healthier, and wiser or something along those lines. I also need to get back with my meditation and exercising too. Take care, Ryan.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:46 AM
neeraj_bhatt_2002

just watch the thoughts

m also new to meditation..what i do is sit n just watch my thoughts ..n slowly the thoghts vanishes n u come to no mind situation n its a bliss..just close ur eyes n watch ur mind..n it will become silent n u will be in a bliss
Old 06-11-2005, 09:27 AM
Ancestral

Well neeraj_bhatt_2002 it takes practice and patience when you are just starting out. I do sit some people lay down whatever position makes you comfortable. Your mind won't quite down right away unless you are a natural at and that really can happen. If your mind does not quite right away just let the thoughts flow do not try to stop them from coming. Get them out of the way and if you have some music that relaxes you then play it. I close my eyes when I meditate but not everyone does it is up to you.

Have you tried meditation yet? How new to it are you? Hope you do not mind me asking you some questions but it helps me to help you. Why are you trying meditation? I started for health reasons and need to get myself back into it. Anyway I hope that I have helped a little and you may ask me anything. Take Care,
Old 06-11-2005, 05:23 PM
neeraj_bhatt_2002

Hi Ancestral

.Well i am doing meditation since last 3-4 months,i am also into yoga since last year.No reason as such for doing meditaion,it was just that i started reading lot of spiritual things for my quest of meaning of life.I try not to stop thoughts and these days i feel a wave going along my spinal cord n sometimes i feel going in depths..which also freightens a little.

Thanks for help
neeraj
Old 06-11-2005, 08:55 PM
Ancestral

neeraj you are welcomed and thank you for answering my questions. Yoga is a good way to also tune the body and mind. Sounds like though when you begin to quiet down your mind you should concentrated on your sensation of a wave around the spinal cord. If that frightens you then you should work on finding out what your body is trying to tell you. In fact is you know of someone whom works with enery healing then you should seek them and ask a few questions. Also I feel that you should try cleasing yourself before you meditate either with a shower or through an energy cleansing. I feel I should send you some protection and healing light if you do not mind me doing so. Anything that frightens you should be dealt with and I hope if you feel any physical pain around the spine you'll have your doctor look you over. Not trying to scare you or anything but it is always wise to check with a doctor on minor issues too. Sorry did not mean to get into a lecture mode so I shall stop here and hope that I was not out of line. Take Care,
:)
Old 07-11-2005, 12:07 AM
neeraj_bhatt_2002

Thanks ancestral

.Normally i do yoga and medidation after a shower.
You are welcome to send me some healing ,but how you gonna send it?
There is no pain in spinal cord but yes there seems to be something..

Thanks for your help and insights

neeraj
Old 07-11-2005, 02:46 AM
Ancestral

You are welcome, and healing can be sent remotely although there is not pain there it still does not hurt to send some healing to you. I wil concentrate on the name you sign your posts with and ask to healing to be directed to you. I did forget to mention that often I find keep a meditation journeyl helped me to keep progress of my meditations. You might also try that too. Writing down experience's during my meditations also gave me some good memories. I have had some wonderful meditations sessions where the experience was very spiritual and some not so spiritual but more about perosnal lessons I needed to learn. I imagine there still are more lessons for this old lady to learn yet. :lol: Take Care,
Closed Thread