Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 14-04-2019, 02:14 AM
Newbie ;)

Insight on lucid dream, felt trapped in.

I hope you're having a beautiful day!
I wanted to throw this dream out here that I had the other night.

So, I've ALWAYS been a lucid dreamer. I thought that being able to control your dreams, wake up whenever you wanted, and so on, was what everyone did.
I've had a rule since I was little that if I ever was having a bad dream and needed to wake up, that all I had to do was eat something in my dream. I had done it a few times and it worked whenever I felt trapped.
I didn't think about eating in this dream though lol!

The other night I had a dream that I was at a fancy hotel, or so it seemed like, everything was in reds. Red floors, red velvet curtains, it seemed pretty fancy.
There were TONS of people around, all dressed up, chattering away and eating.
There was a black piano in the room as well, the main lobby it felt like.
I had sat down in front of the piano where the seats were, blocking the piano in, my back was to the piano, no one was facing it.

I was alone but I felt the presence of my fiance with me and knew I had went there with him.

It's a bit hard to think back on this dream, but I remember my fiance walking up to me and I told him, "This place must be expensive." since it looked like an extremely fancy hotel.
I remember him not reacting much and saying, "No, it was actually really cheap."

My fiance told me he would be right back then turned and walked away, leaving me sitting alone again. People were still turning their eyes to me.
I remember fancy lamps too, for some reason.

I stood up then and decided to walk around a bit, check this place out.
I turned and walked down a hallway, there were different areas (Think like a mall with stores inside?) and I passed a bar (I went in there for something but don't remember that part well anymore.)
eventually as I wandered I started to panic and just felt really scared.
I realized I was dreaming and started trying to focus enough to move my physical body in my bed, to shake myself awake.
I can usually do that very easily, I couldn't this time.
I was in the dream still, but trying SO HARD to move my real body, to shift and bring myself out of the dream.

I panicked and started to yell for my fiance. I gave up on trying to move my body and literally tried to get myself to yell/talk in my sleep so he would hear me.
He was downstairs in the living room.

I screamed his name over and over, and cried in the dream because I wasn't waking up and he couldn't hear me, even though I was sure I was so close to actually yelling out.
I felt so trapped.

He ended up coming upstairs on his own while this was happening, I heard his feet walking around the bed and that is what woke me up.
I'm normally a very light sleeper and hear him come up the stairs/open the door, I didn't hear him at all.

He asked me what was wrong lol He was so concerned by the way I bolted upright and just stared at him.
I couldn't talk for a minute! I was so out of it.

I was already crying and explained it all to him, that I had been trying so hard to yell for him to please wake me up.
He said that he hadn't heard me at all, but I was snoring REALLY loudly when he had come in.

I have felt mildly trapped in dreams before, but have ALWAYS been able to at least shake my physical body enough to bring myself up from my dreams.
This was really different for me.

I'm just interested in what anyone may have to say about it, any insight, anything I should think more about in relation to this?
Old 14-04-2019, 08:59 AM
Seeker

You may have been in a deeper part of your sleep cycle than you usually are when lucid dreaming. I had a very intense nightmare as a child and tried desperately to wake myself. I actually would wake myself, but only for a couple seconds before being pulled back into sleep and the dream. In retrospect, I think I was in a very deep sleep and it was very unnatural to wake at that time, it's just that the intensity of the nightmare drove me to try.
Old 14-04-2019, 08:56 PM
Newbie ;)

I had a similar thing happen as well when I was a kid.
I don't remember much about it, I was around 7/8 years old, or so.

My mom heard a loud CRASH and ran into my room she said.
She found me sprawled out on my bedroom floor.
I told her that I was trapped in a dungeon, as the gates opened, I made a full run for it... I ended up sleepwalking and ran full speed into my bedroom wall lol!!

This felt like it could have been like that, I could feel myself moving but couldn't get past that.

It can be so strange!
Old 14-04-2019, 09:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAnnThrope
You may have been in a deeper part of your sleep cycle than you usually are when lucid dreaming. I had a very intense nightmare as a child and tried desperately to wake myself. I actually would wake myself, but only for a couple seconds before being pulled back into sleep and the dream. In retrospect, I think I was in a very deep sleep and it was very unnatural to wake at that time, it's just that the intensity of the nightmare drove me to try.

It happens to me even today.That's called sleep paralysis, you are experiencing a part of it, I found out that most people have it at least once in their lives.I wake up but I can't keep myself awake and I fall into the dream state again.Sleep paralysis happens when you become awake but your body is still sleeping, if you are scared, it's not going to be a nice experience, but if you relax, you can have an OBE from it, just imagine yourself leaving your body, well, that's how I do it.
Old 16-04-2019, 04:29 PM
Newbie ;)

I've heard that is how OBE begin as well!
I tried doing that a few times when I was younger, but was never able to, but I never had this same feeling like I did in this dream before either.
Well, not quiet as much.

I don't even think to relax when I start to panic, I just try to get up.
I will try to see if I can relax into it next time and keep myself aware.

I'd love to start learning more about this and seeing how far I can take it, safely.

Thank you so much!!
Old 17-04-2019, 08:11 AM
Seeker

Lucid dreaming and astral projection are one and the same. It just depends on where you're located and how awake and aware you are and whether be or not others are creating the environment with you or if you are creating that realm by yourself.