Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 16-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Master
Magic, curses, hexing, spells of any sort are all basically the same - the manipulation and channeling of natural Earth energies by the focused Will and Direction of the adept. Denial, with the same force/power behind it, will halt any curse, etc. In fact, if sufficient power/control is put into the Denial, it can be reversed back to the sender. This duality was a long established function of the Cunning Folk. Denial in this sense is a "spell" in itself.
Old 16-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Wisa'ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Magic, curses, hexing, spells of any sort are all basically the same - the manipulation and channeling of natural Earth energies by the focused Will and Direction of the adept. Denial, with the same force/power behind it, will halt any curse, etc. In fact, if sufficient power/control is put into the Denial, it can be reversed back to the sender. This duality was a long established function of the Cunning Folk. Denial in this sense is a "spell" in itself.

Seems logical, but I have to think of the various local practices and spirits associated with different geographical locations.

One key is not going to open every lock, but every lock has a key that will open it. Every path goes somewhere, but do they all go to the same place ? Is the knowledge and known spirits of say, an Arapaho medicine person the same as say a British Witch ? Would that Arapaho medicine person be at a disadvantage, say upon a English moor, or would that British Witch be at a disadvantage in the Colorado Rockies ?
Old 16-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Master
"Arapaho medicine person the same as say a British Witch"

Good question, Wisa'ka.

The difference becomes environmental. That's a different issue. I "stride the hedge" on my Land and open portals. Put me in another part of England and I would have to "learn the Land" all over again. The talent comes from the Earth and it is a complex thing to learn. There are no YOUNG shaman !

Your question is even broader. Take a western city dweller and a Kalihari bushman. Which would show intelligent behaviour in the middle of a city and in a desert ? Same principle applies. Apart from that, the only differences will be in rituals which tend to be individualistic anyway. Different means to the same ends.
Old 16-09-2012, 07:34 PM
Wisa'ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
"Arapaho medicine person the same as say a British Witch"

Good question, Wisa'ka.

The difference becomes environmental. That's a different issue. I "stride the hedge" on my Land and open portals. Put me in another part of England and I would have to "learn the Land" all over again. The talent comes from the Earth and it is a complex thing to learn. There are no YOUNG shaman !

Your question is even broader. Take a western city dweller and a Kalihari bushman. Which would show intelligent behaviour in the middle of a city and in a desert ? Same principle applies. Apart from that, the only differences will be in rituals which tend to be individualistic anyway. Different means to the same ends.

Some of this ill is sent like a barbed point dart, difficult to extract and leaving a wound even harder to heal. Possessors of such knowledge fashion and send these invisible darts and those who extract them and heal the wounded must have knowledge of both maker of that dart and the dart itself.

We can generalize it all as curses and hexes, just as we generalize all harmful viruses and diseases as illness, but each has to be treated in a different manner.

A 'cure all' is a comforting thought.
Old 16-09-2012, 11:38 PM
iolite

Have you tried requesting help from the Lords of Karma? Diane Stein talks about the Lords of Karma in her book "Essential Energy Balancing".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweaver
I agree with @fire, I would try to post in the healing part of these forums. Personally I do not know because it depends on the curse. I have had one on me since birth carried on from a past life that is intertwined in my DNA. It is by far the most foul curse I have ever encountered and all that have tried to remove it has come short, though some have done an amazing job hope you have more luck than me
Old 17-09-2012, 10:47 PM
Wisa'ka

Whenever hearing or reading accounts of people being cursed, I tend to think of the victim and what prompted such a malicious act. One would suppose a successful removal involves knowing who sent this curse, hex, or cast a bad spell, and the motive. Unless I’ve overlooked something, no one raised a question concerning who, when and why.

If I may ask, Bright Spark, who was it who cursed or hexed you and why do you suppose he, she or they did such ?

Taking an attitude that one particular practice is efficient enough to remove any unknown curse sometimes sadly ends in tragedy not only for the victim, but also for his or her relations as well. Over confident, under qualified people and their short sighted attempts at removal which more than often fail miserably. I’ve seen it happen before.

People are victimized in this matter for different reasons which include, envy, jealousy, revenge and a play for power. Sometimes such ill craft is applied by a practitioner to impose his or her will upon another.

I’ve heard of long conflicts between groups of practitioners that have lasted for thousands of years. Of course much of what’s involved during these terrible conflicts are far removed from the curses, hexes and removal procedures of the Europeans, be they Christian or Pagan.

I know in the traditions of many American Indian tribes, one objective is to take out an enemy practitioner. That requires another practitioner’s assistance as well as that of the warriors. Practitioners of both tribes will not hesitate to apply their ill crafts upon each other and their people as well. Tribal life is for the most part communal so everyone is involved which allows not for innocent casualties. Those practitioners who harm their own people are usually killed outright.
Old 18-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Administrator
  • I have spoken to people in my role as a councellor,that come because they say the depression they suffer came after being cursed by someone.believing it to be so, can make a person doubt anything said to them unless the word curse is there,it can takes many meetings with the said person to bring them out of thinking the way they do. it can be very destructive,as for myself i know that since i was very young ,that ppl were wary around me because if they upset me in any way,i wouldnt say anything but within a couple of days something came to them.so ppl started calling me a witch,to me it was just another name but even now if someone does any wrong to me, i wont say anything but within a couple of days that person will suffer,ive been called all names in my time so to be called a witch is nothing new.
Namaste
Old 18-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Occultist

No I simply meant the thread. But you still never did it so why bother now?
I am not Wiccan never was never will be.
so I am assuming the thread is more for the forums and all the people in it.
I dont answer or soeak for none but myself.
Just wanted to know what your

"Originally Posted by Wisa'ka
I've something else" statement meant.
Old 18-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Wisa'ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
No I simply meant the thread. But you still never did it so why bother now?
I am not Wiccan never was never will be.
so I am assuming the thread is more for the forums and all the people in it.
I dont answer or soeak for none but myself.
Just wanted to know what your

I've something else" statement meant.

Know anyone from Nebraska ?
Old 19-09-2012, 01:03 AM
Occultist

The thread is "How do you remove an hex/curse?" what does who I know have anything to do with the thread? Or why do you ask?
Again I am curious about your comment
"
I've something else"

That's all.

But your analagy to Norse is very insightful.Posted by Wisa'ka"Some of this ill is sent like a barbed point dart, difficult to extract and leaving a wound even harder to heal.
But you dont need to know who cast the curse also Curses and Hex's are actually different. Hex's can be positive.
Fire is an essential force that has shaped ecosystems and life,helps us cook,keeps us warm but if it gets chaotic and out of control it can harm us.
If you seen someone on fire you could put the fire out by extinguisher.smothering,or water.
You dont need to know who started the fire just the knowledge of putting it out.