Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 19-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Master
People of the world coming together.

And sharing their beliefs and casting aside their differences. That is what Interfaith is all about. Celebrating all humanity and all religions as ONE.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:31 PM
kinneretov

totally agree with you!
Old 05-12-2011, 03:02 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
...Celebrating all humanity and all religions as ONE.

Does all religions as ONE mean it has all of the different gods mixed together. What about people who do not like the god concept? How do they fit into the celebrating.

imo the idea is great, but in order for all humanity to celebrate as ONE, we need all religions to be as in NONE.

mj
Old 05-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew James
imo the idea is great, but in order for all humanity to celebrate as ONE, we need all religions to be as in NONE.

How do you mean mj? For there to be no religion?

Some people will always believe in God while others probably never will. I guess an Interfaith celebration could include celebrating humanism and human kindness as well as any concept of God that people may have. If the religious can celebrate union through God, then the aetheists can celebrate their union through life or humanity and so on.

Old 05-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Ascender
no religions in the world means that there are no formal rules for how people celebrate or connect with their maker. if people do not formulate rituals about how to celebrate/connect and pass them on as the way it is done, then there would be no religions.

mj
Old 05-12-2011, 04:42 PM
midnightstar

Quote:
And sharing their beliefs and casting aside their differences. That is what Interfaith is all about. Celebrating all humanity and all religions as ONE.

I agree with you Honza - that's the only way we can all improve, by accepting others as they are
Old 06-12-2011, 05:25 AM
Kaausti

I appreciate the concept of Inter-faith. Thank you.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaausti
I appreciate the concept of Inter-faith. Thank you.

You are welcome. There are several Interfaith organisations slowly getting started around the world.

A Judaic Rabbi in America started the New Seminary I believe. This is an organisation which trains Interfaith Ministers who then become self employed and go and work in the community. Earning their living by being Interfaith Ministers. Being paid for marriages, funerals, religious services etc.

I believe that Interfaith is a tide which will slowly gain strength and momentum and build up into a crescendo over the years to come.

It is most liberating.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:43 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
A Judaic Rabbi in America started the New Seminary I believe. This is an organisation which trains Interfaith Ministers......

The New Seminary was, indeed, founded by a rabbi.

I am a little confused by your designation of a "Judaic rabbi" It's like saying a Catholic pope.

B'shalom,

Peter
Old 06-12-2011, 11:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiO
The New Seminary was, indeed, founded by a rabbi.

I am a little confused by your designation of a "Judaic rabbi" It's like saying a Catholic pope.

B'shalom,

Peter

Yes sorry....my over enthusiasm or whatever lol.

Can you remember the rabbi's name?