Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 05-08-2019, 10:59 AM
Knower
Déjà Rêvé

Two weeks ago I was teaching a painting class when someone came in one hour late. Never had someone do that before. A few minutes late but not one hour. She insisted that she still wanted to paint so I set her up with brushes, paint, canvas, etc. I came by once in a while to guide her along. When the class ended, I continued helping her. She stayed an extra hour over the allotted time but that was OK because it always takes me longer to clean up after a class. Near the end, she was stumped by a painting technique that she didn't know. I went over and sat next to her and showed her how the technique worked. It was then I suddenly was overwhelmed with a feeling of Déjà Vu. I had done and seem this before. The pattern of brush strokes she had rendered and her color choices matched. It was not Déjà Vu, it was Déjà Rêvé. I suddenly remembered the dream I had seen this in and that dream was from well over 15 years ago.

I get these a lot starting from when I was 8 years old and over the last 10 years, it has only increased. Last year it was four times a month. I am convinced by the number of Déjà Rêvé episodes I have experienced and by the accuracy of predicting the future, some 40-years in advance of an event where people are wearing the same cloths, repeating the same sentences, and in many cases, in the dream, I will have been thinking the same thoughts as I was in the dreams. The dreams come days, months, and even years ahead of the actual event. Because of all the Déjà Rêvé I have experienced over the last 50-years, I am convinced of two things:

1) We are all live predetermined lives. Perhaps it is just how we react to the events in our lives that matters or perhaps we are only here to live for the experience as if we believe our events are spontaneous. There is a free will, of course, but that only comes when we agreed to live our current life. After that, we are following a predetermined path.

2) Déjà Vu is Déjà Rêvé, we just fail to remember the dream we had foretelling of the event.

PastPilot
Old 05-08-2019, 02:01 PM
Seeker
That must have been really strange, as well as fascinating. I'd not heard of deja reve until now.

With regard to your convictions, have you also wondered that time isn't a straight line? That everything that has happened, is happening and will happen has already happened. Ordinarily, our lives are a straight line, so it appears as if the past has gone and the future is unknown. But occasionally (such as your experiences) we 'find ourselves' at another point in 'time'.

Nice read.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:01 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleCore
That must have been really strange, as well as fascinating. I'd not heard of deja reve until now.

With regard to your convictions, have you also wondered that time isn't a straight line? That everything that has happened, is happening and will happen has already happened. Ordinarily, our lives are a straight line, so it appears as if the past has gone and the future is unknown. But occasionally (such as your experiences) we 'find ourselves' at another point in 'time'.

Nice read.

I have read in many books that time doesn't exist. It comes up all the time with past-life regressionists and even psychics. Time artificially exists on Earth in an inconsistent manner (proven by science) to create the illusion of linear time and cause and effect. Outside our sphere of existence, say, in the spiritual realm, time is non-existent. That could explain the illusion of seeing events as much as 40-years into the future because everything happens at once. On Earth, it is 40-years ahead of time, but in reality, it is not. Our Earth time and non-time must clash once in a while, or probably, more often than we want to admit or realize.

Still, it is a freaky way to go through life, seeing future events. On the upside, the future events I see are not terrifying nor Earth-shattering nightmares. They act more as life markers, showing me that I am on my preplanned path and that everything is going accordingly.

PastPilot
Old 06-08-2019, 02:35 AM
Deactivated Account
I came here with curiosity because I had not heard of of this term before.

I am really glad that I did too.
Just yesterday evening I was having a conversation with my daughter who was sharing with me that she often has dreams which come true within days to weeks of the dream occurring.

I paused - and I felt guided to tell her how her Father and her I also have a instances of such dreams.
Something within me felt that it was important for me to share this information. For her to know that it is something which is 'in the family'...
Old 06-08-2019, 02:42 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariaecheflame
I came here with curiosity because I had not heard of of this term before.

I am really glad that I did too.
Just yesterday evening I was having a conversation with my daughter who was sharing with me that she often has dreams which come true within days to weeks of the dream occurring.

I paused - and I felt guided to tell her how her Father and her I also have an instance of such dreams.
Something within me felt that it was important for me to share this information. For her to know that it is something which is 'in the family'...

Ask your daughter why she feels she gets her dreams and if they serve any purpose for her. For me, they are not pointing to ill omens, or warnings, but seem to rather be landmarks in my life. I often get them in conjunction with important points in my life although often unrelated to the changes going on. Quite harmless and yet, I cannot help shake the feeling that there is more to it.

PastPilot
Old 06-08-2019, 09:16 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPilot
Ask your daughter why she feels she gets her dreams and if they serve any purpose for her. For me, they are not pointing to ill omens, or warnings, but seem to rather be landmarks in my life. I often get them in conjunction with important points in my life although often unrelated to the changes going on. Quite harmless and yet, I cannot help shake the feeling that there is more to it.

She said that she dreams about events before they happen. Things like meeting new significant friends, moving house and visiting places she hasn't been before.

She said that she thinks it's 'preparation'.

I never would have thought of asking her this question until I read your post this morning.

Often when I've had similar dreams it is as though it begins a process and the dream indicates the start of a phase where my spirit is beginning something behind the scenes. Then when the event actually happens in the physical it is like an integration of whatever I began when I had the initial dream.

Dream time feels more like a series of connected time loops to me rather then a long, straight line.
Old 06-08-2019, 11:42 AM
Knower
Quote:
She said that she dreams about events before they happen. Things like meeting new significant friends, moving house and visiting places she hasn't been before.

She said that she thinks it's 'preparation'.

I never would have thought of asking her this question until I read your post this morning.

Often when I've had similar dreams it is as though it begins a process and the dream indicates the start of a phase where my spirit is beginning something behind the scenes. Then when the event actually happens in the physical it is like an integration of whatever I began when I had the initial dream.

Dream time feels more like a series of connected time loops to me rather then a long, straight line.

Really good to read this. It is hard to find people who have also experienced this. I haven't found many books that talk about, which I find odd.

I too feel the dreams tell of a new beginning although the dreams, in my case, just coincide with the start of a new phase in my life rather than predict a new direction. I have been getting Déjà Rêvé quite a bit over the last three years, far more than I have experienced at any other time in my life, so I definitely feel my life is moving toward a new direction.

I had a dream a few years ago that showed me December 24th, 2020. It will be interesting to see if this actually occurs because it felt, in the dream, that my new phase had arrived and life suddenly became much easier. Will see.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and your daughter's thoughts. Again, it is nice to read about other people's experiences and perspectives on this topic.
-

PastPilot
Old 06-08-2019, 07:51 PM
Knower

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing! I have been reflecting on predetermination recently and I think I agree with this. Very fascinating the linking between dreams and our life path. I guess this gives more food for thought. All the best
Old 06-08-2019, 10:28 PM
Deactivated Account
It interesting indeed to notice that there are limited resources on this topic. My speculation is that it has something to do with the concept of 'time', it being a straight line in the western world as well as the "demoted" position which dreams now play in day to day life.

There is a very clear separation in the western world between dreaming, imagination and our physical lives and I feel that we are encouraged to keep those states very clearly defined. Dreams are interpreted under a pshychological lense, they tend to be annalysed in the mental realm.
This seems to me, quite a fragmented way of being the more that I feel into it. It takes the very real tactile experiences out of dreaming.

I have been quite highly imaginitave and a visual thinker since I was a little kid and one thing I have always struggled with living in 'both worlds'. My waking dreams and imaginings are extremely real to me - I become completely absorbed into them.

I often cannot separate my imagination from reality and it distresses me at times because I get a bit lost, it has actually caused me all sorts of challenges in mainstream establishments and recently has gotten me a diagnosis of adult ADHD LOL!

I think what has struck me over the last few days is that I don't so much that I need to learn to differentiate/ seperate my own dream, imagination and 'reality', it is more so that I need to intergrate them both so that I can live a life which encompases more of REALITY.

This is more in alignemet with traditional ways of living as well where dreaming and 'reality' are intrinsicly connected.

Linear time does not work very well once that shift is made.
Old 09-08-2019, 07:29 AM
Seeker
Quote:
There is a very clear separation in the western world between dreaming, imagination and our physical lives and I feel that we are encouraged to keep those states very clearly defined. Dreams are interpreted under a pshychological lense, they tend to be annalysed in the mental realm.
This seems to me, quite a fragmented way of being the more that I feel into it. It takes the very real tactile experiences out of dreaming.

I really like this thought. We tend to try to make meaning out of our dreams - and most times, nothing more. Perhaps we should also focus on the experience as a whole. And sometimes take it at face value - rather like we do with real-life experiences. It is what it is.

Just the other night I had an early dream (woke from it at 12.30am) which was the very opposite of my waking life. It was a riot of vision/sound. Waking up after it, my main thought was the 'mundaneness' of ordinary reality. Rather than try to analyse it, I accepted it as a most enjoyable escape from my waking world.

Quote:
I often cannot separate my imagination from reality and it distresses me at times because I get a bit lost...

Me too occasionally. Memories are not only physical, they incorporate the non-physical. Because I dream of places/events more than once, those memories stick and I'm sometimes confused as to whether they happened in reality. I had a series of dreams where an old friend and I were corresponding by letter. She told me she had a daughter with brain damage and it was very hard work looking after her. For quite some time, whenever I thought about my friend, I 'remembered' she had a sick child - but these were dream memories. Quite disconcerting!