Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 16-09-2016, 12:27 PM
Guide

I think that our physical body is like a suite for the soul.... a sort of leather costume...lol. So it is everywhere in our body....and maybe even outside (aura)
Old 16-09-2016, 08:50 PM
Deactivated Account
I guess, if you follow this voice, with closed eyes, you will find the location of the soul:
Forgotten Song (teaching from Acim - Youtube

This video is not viewable from Germany. The leading starts at arround 4:10.
Old 16-09-2016, 11:04 PM
Knower

If your soul can be located at all, it is located in the quantum world. (source)
That means it is nowhere and everywhere at the same time. It is not in one place.
So it doesn't make sense to me that your soul is literally in your body, or your body in your soul, or especially that the soul is in one particular organ.
If anything, if you ask me, the soul is connected to your body. Not linked or a part of, and also not in a direct way.
Your soul may be occupying the same space as your physical body, but in the other world. So it can't be in your body.
Old 18-09-2016, 01:06 AM
Ascender
In you but also connected to space.
Old 18-09-2016, 10:28 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Transmigration
I was wondering where is our soul located in our body before getting transferred after death?

According to the Upanishads, the spiritual/philosophical portions of the vedas, the soul is located in the region of the heart and is described as measuring one ten thousandth the tip of a hair. It is indeed non-material, so you can't perceive it with your neither your physical not your third eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by In vita mea
People have argued that it's in the heart. I'd counter by saying that, if that were so, what happens when someone has a heart transplant?

The soul is not physically connected to the heart, so it will stay in the body when the heart is removed. It is true, however, that karma and energy may be transferred when organs or blood has been exchanged. You may get dreams after a blood transfusion that are of the donors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumi14
It sounds like the soul is throughout the body. Maybe I'm wrong tho

The Upanishads explain that the soul is localised in the body, but expresses its consciousness throughout the entire body. Like a light bulb that shines in the whole room, or the sun and its sun rays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony c
I also believe that we have an astral or energy body which i think is your spirit.

The vedas explain that there are three bodies. The spiritual, the subtle/astral and the gross physical. The physical body is made of earth, water, fire, air and ether. The subtle body is made of what is called manu, buddhi and ahankar, which translates to english as mind, intelligence and false ego. Your memories, emotions and thoughts are situated in the subtle body, not the physical brain.
The spiritual body and the soul is the same thing and interacts with the subtle body via the medium of the false ego, hence identifying itself with all kinds of temporary things. The subtle and gross body interact via the medium of the ether, which is an extremely interesting occurrence. Here is nice (and rather old) video explaining this interaction. https://youtu.be/rK2wTtgKc48?t=19m52s

It's a fascinating subject. It's said that one can perceive the soul with the eyes of ones spiritual body, which is transcendental to the third eye and physical eye.

Thank you for this thread and everyone's input. It's very inspiring

We are eternal spiritual beings made for love and possess an infinite capacity to love. Every moment is an opportunity to learn how to love.
Old 18-09-2016, 12:51 PM
Master
Words can be so limiting; so I will say that there is no such thing as “location” because location infers distance, time and space, etc., and that which we call “soul” is timeless, and has no borders or boundaries. The more a person spiritually develops the more they realize their true self to be.

As some have already stated, our physical body is within our “soul” and another word for soul might be “consciousness.” It is called many things by many different cultures and in many different languages. So it is helpful to not get stuck on the words “soul” or “consciousness.”

It is wise to know that there is no such thing as space, because all space is occupied by spirit, or living energy, which has a different frequency than what we may call soul, but spirit is essentially the same fabric as soul, just vibrating at a different frequency. It is not so much as where something is located as it is the different frequencies things are vibrating at.

Everything is in motion, everything vibrates, everything is on it’s way to another state of being. That state of being always exists in this eternal moment; the eternal now is all there is, everything is connected to everything else. Nothing is isolated, nothing stands alone. What we are can not be defined or pinpointed, put in a box, and will not adhere to any label.

Having said this I will now say, in human form, we are a projection of light. An image created by divine light. When the light is withdrawn the image dissolves. The image is on the outside and the likeness of our divinity, the projection of light, is seemingly within, but when you get in touch with that “likeness” within it expands beyond your physical body. This is my experience.

Like a movie projector showing a picture, an image on a screen, the light is in the image but it also surrounds the image. Turn the projector off and the image disappears. But in our case the light is not only the projector and the image; it is also the screen where the movie is shown. In my opinion there is only one thing adapting itself becoming many things. An we humans label all the various adaptations of the one thing and call them by different names.
Old 19-09-2016, 12:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Transmigration
I was wondering where is our soul located in our body before getting transferred after death?

The soul is nowhere near the body, yet so close.
Old 19-09-2016, 06:56 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
The soul is nowhere near the body, yet so close.

Hi ya Rah nam...I would really like for you to expand on your statement above.
As I would really like to know, where exactly, you think our souls are located, if they are not located and enmeshed within our entire being as a whole and complete unit..."ENMESHED"

Because... how can something be so close, yet no where near.

I am so Looking forward to a reply.
Neil
Old 19-09-2016, 09:32 AM
Master
I experienced my body like an onion with many layers that goes inside. The physical body is the outside layer and as we move inside we find the astral bodies until at the centre is where the soul is. The soul is connected to the higher self through the superconscious mind at the centre of our crown chakra. The soul and our astral bodies look like us but have their own personalities and appearances like it is a separate standalone being who is also you at the same time.
Old 19-09-2016, 12:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
Hi ya Rah nam...I would really like for you to expand on your statement above.
As I would really like to know, where exactly, you think our souls are located, if they are not located and enmeshed within our entire being as a whole and complete unit..."ENMESHED"

Because... how can something be so close, yet no where near.

I am so Looking forward to a reply.
Neil

Of cause the soul is not outside the One, since everything is One, there is no separation. Having said this, the soul is consciousness, and consciousness is not in the physical. The energy construct we call spirit connects the soul with the physical realm and or body. It is the spirit that evolves.
If you go to the core of a cell of the body, you might see the consciousness of gaia, or flickers of it.
The soul can be anywhere in this verse, and since distances as we perceive them don't really exist, there is no separation between the spirit and the soul. Those around me call, where souls and all consciousness exist as "no time" . Someone else called it the flip side of the universe.
I know, it is difficult to understand that space really does not exist.
Many times when I asked question in relation to space, I am told, there is no such thing as space. And the one who tell me should know, they are the one who create all that is physical.