Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 12-02-2018, 12:32 PM
Seeker

When should you shuffle?

I found a spread specifically for communicating with your companions (spirit keeping) and it's a 5 card spread with.. multiple questions asked.

How are you?
Do you have anything in mind/is there anything on your mind?
Is there any advice you want to give me?
Is there anything I can do for you?
How would you like us to spend time together?

Would you focus on all 5 questions at once, while shuffling, and just deal the deck in the appropriate order.. or would you focus on a question, shuffle, pull, and repeat until you hit all 5 questions?

This is something I was always curious about.. I've tried both ways in previous readings but I kinda feel like shuffling a deck with missing cards (because they're already on the table) feels.. not right? I don't know, I could be wrong.
Old 12-02-2018, 02:41 PM
55Degrees

There is no right or wrong way in tarot, every reader does what feels right for them.
Why not shuffle the cards, lay them face down in a fan shape and choose each card that just 'feels right'. I do this with certain spreads and always with oracle spreads that use more than one card.
Just do whatever feels right for you.
Old 12-02-2018, 10:50 PM
Master
i no wen iv dun it i shuffl cut i do

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 13-02-2018, 10:01 PM
Administrator
Hello

Every reading to me is different. I listen to what my intuition tells me on what cards to pull when to shuffle or at times put the cards back and start again.

For a 5 card pull where there is a card for each question I just randomly pull 5 cards all at once. Feeling what cards want to come out of a well shuffled deck. Before I use a deck I make sure they are all facing upright (I do not read reversed) I make sure that none of the cards are damaged in any way, if they are I have a dummy replacement deck for that purpose.

When I have the 5 cards out then I look to see any that I feel need another card (s) added to them for more information. This is when I will do a good shuffle of the deck to clear the energy so that the focus is now on a single card needing more information. If I pull one card and that is all I need then job done. If I still feel that one question needs another card I will not re shuffle but simply pull another card.

If there is more than one question that needs another card then its again a clean shuffle and re pull.

I feel that for small readings once a card is out of the deck and part of the reading its out and not needed again. What is needed is something to add to it most times or explain it deeper.

Lynn