Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 20-08-2012, 01:55 AM
Jade F^lcon

Question Earthly existence?

I have read alot of threads that use the term "earthly existence". What does this mean exactly? Would a non earthly existence be a life withing a spiritual realm? Or perhaps does it mean some extra terrestrial existence? For give my ignorance on the matter but I don't quite grasp ALL of its implications.
Old 20-08-2012, 02:38 AM
Guide

I think the term is used for the most part to describe a soul's physical life, as opposed to their non-physical fares.
Old 21-08-2012, 01:22 AM
J_al_es

Wink

Absolutely.

We are spirits living a time-space experience, all with a heavenly intention.

First of all, I find it hard trying to figure out a different reality than the one known through the bible.

If we believe in God, then God's words found in the bible must be our main focus. Jesus Christ came to this earth more than 2000 years ago. He was able to prove the possibility of life after death, and he promises eternal lives for all of us; but only to those that choose so.

In general, I would say that we are spirits carrying out a physical experience through a physical body made in the image of God. If you close your eyes, what do you see? When you sleep, what do you see?

Maybe death is just like falling asleep, except that you can't wake up ever again in this physical realm subject to decay.

And by the way, I feel things that I can't see. Love, compassion, empathy, joy and others, are all beautiful things that exist somewhere and we can't see them. Wouldn't it be unfair to lose all those internal and non-physical qualities just cuz we leave a body behind?

Read the bible more and more!

:)
Old 21-08-2012, 01:29 AM
Master
Love, compassion, empathy, joy and others, are all beautiful things that exist somewhere and we can't see them. Wouldn't it be unfair to lose all those internal and non-physical qualities just cuz we leave a body behind?

The beautiful feelings you describe are found in our own soul and spirit. What makes you think you would lose them when you leave the body? The many true NDE stories I have read, both from Christians and others, show we have them more when the body is left behind... much much more.

Xan

Old 21-08-2012, 01:40 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Love, compassion, empathy, joy and others, are all beautiful things that exist somewhere and we can't see them. Wouldn't it be unfair to lose all those internal and non-physical qualities just cuz we leave a body behind?

The beautiful feelings you describe are found in our own soul and spirit. What makes you think you would lose them when you leave the body? The many true NDE stories I have read, both from Christians and others, show we have them more when the body is left behind... much much more.

Xan

And to further expand, the ideas of love, compassion, etc., do not exist in a bubble, they had to come from somewhere. So where did they come from? And that is not directed at you Xan, since I think you know the answer.

Just an exercise in free thinking. :)
Old 21-08-2012, 01:46 AM
Master
Good question, ic... What is the source of love, compassion and joy for no reason, which we can know beyond the mind's names for it?

Xan