Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 15-08-2012, 06:15 AM
Experiencer

Was this in the script?

I've read on here that some people say that before you're born on Earth, you make an agreement with others on how you want your life to play out. I just lost the one person whom I love more than anything, and wish I could take his place. I don't see how or why, he would've chosen this destiny. He loved me, I loved him, and although we were apart, we meant the world to each other. So why would he chose to leave me and everyone else here? Is this some kind of test? It doesn't make sense to me.
Old 15-08-2012, 09:40 AM
Master

I am sorry for your loss. As for your question, I have discussed numerous times with my guides - and other spirits - the matter of what we choose and what we GET to choose before we are born. And I have been assured that the only things we can choose is whether to be born or not, and who will be our main guides. As for agreements with the others who have decided to be reborn, I assume it is the same as with agreements here among the living: they are subject to the realities of life's unpredictability. Business deals topple, people have to move for important reasons, someone get sick and can't deliver. Or they die. Which means I don't think your partner chose to die, and I don't think this is a test. It DOESN'T make sense and isn't supposed to. Just a bitter but unexpected life event for all parts. I know it is way too early for you to move on, but at some point I hope you can find a little comfort in remembering that death is not the end for true love.
Old 15-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Experiencer

Thank you WhiteWarrior. I'm just trying to make sense of everything right now. I know this isn't the end and I know he's still alive, just on a different plane than me. I was just reading on how some people say people choose to come to Earth and plan out their life's work as if it were a play. It just got to me because I can't grasp how he or anyone else could plan to do something like that. I've been reading the thread on here called "Common Questions about the Afterlife" and that coupled with other people on here and my friends, has helped greatly. So thank you.
Old 15-08-2012, 07:39 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by aero87
I know this isn't the end and I know he's still alive, just on a different plane than me.
That's a good attitude. Your separation is only temporary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aero87
some people say people choose to come to Earth and plan out their life's work as if it were a play.
No, life is nothing like a play. It isn't all planned down to the finest movement. It is a life full of free will, where we can change our mind and change direction at any moment.

But having free will does not mean that we can choose when to die - quite the opposite, in fact. If we knew when we were going to die, it would directly influence our actions and we would not be acting with complete freedom.

I hope that I have explained things clearly - but it's a difficult topic.
Old 15-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Quagmire

As I understand it there is not a meaning to all that happens but we have to find meaning in all that happens. I get that when we choose a live we have a good overview of what might happen yet this is not the same as what will happen. I see it as us all getting a script but we are allowed to improvise. If one then improvises then others have to improvise and then on and then on... hope that gives somekind of meaning. I believe that destiny is what was overall supposed to happen and fate is what do happen, so it is not always our destiny becomes our fate. My best friend was suppose to be with his soul mate but when he finally met her he had a child with his girl friend, so his fate was not his destiny. Hope that makes some kind of sense
Old 16-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Master

Every earthly incarnation has a purpose - some lesson we have to learn, some task we are charged to perform.

Earthly life is a school. We are here to learn (through experience) and to advance the soul.
But our tenure here is very fragile. Who can say when our 'time' will come? The lesson we should all learn from those who pass over all too soon is the need to make the most of the present.
The past is done, tomorrow will take care of itself, it is today, the here and now, we should be concerned with.

If you are spiritually aware then you are blessed. But that in itself is of little value without action.
Seek to learn, strive to cultivate love in your heart, disseminate Truth, engage in Service....

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 16-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Master

How I understand it, we leave when we have learnt our lessons or one of the exit points..

I see some very old people hanging on who still have not learnt their lessons. When their physical body wanes, the lesson carries on so they have more to do for the next incarnation.

Be assured he can guide and watch you in your path, maybe that was his purpose?
Old 19-08-2012, 08:48 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by froebellian
How I understand it, we leave when we have learnt our lessons or one of the exit points..

I see some very old people hanging on who still have not learnt their lessons. When their physical body wanes, the lesson carries on so they have more to do for the next incarnation.

Be assured he can guide and watch you in your path, maybe that was his purpose?

I know you mean well, but I don't think his purpose was to just watch and guide me. He could've done that from the Otherside if that's all he was meant to do. That idea just doesn't sit right with me.
Old 28-08-2012, 08:47 AM
marry1

Thank you for you sharing.